• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

Not gonna lie this image is pretty dope!

CgBKv6jUIAAWwBq.jpg:large

singhr1

Probably depending on the reception oF Warzone Firefight they will see to add it as a full fledged mode in the next halo with a survival aspect.

They should add tiers of difficulty to Warzone Firefight (Normal, Heroic, Legendary). Higher difficulty for bigger rewards to match the requirement for better skill and rarer REQs.

Not everyone playing will have 50 hours of playtime and almost all rares unlocked. Some are Golds and Silvers who play on the weekend and just finished bronze packs.

For those who played destiny, how would you compare this to the Prison of Elders?

So how many Proms and Covi are killed per game? Gotta figure out how many successful games we need in order to complete those comendations!

LETS STAY FOCUSED SPARTANS
...and don't foget the motto:

ALL GLORY TO G0SU

Akai__

Firefight is actually a solid experience. Just needs way more objectives.

Also, our Covenant and Promethean Kill Commendations have improved SIGNIFICANTLY, as expected.

2064 Promethean kills and 1288 Covenant kills, since this image was posted yesterday. We just made 250 Prometehan and 179 Covenant kills in 10 minutes. Will look at it again tomorrow.

343 can add an objective that is basically a survival objective, but 343 would probably have to change the respawning mechanic. Is the failing condition only the time running out?

The Garage is the only other objective that can fail, due to Prometheans capturing the base.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does the number of players, vehicles, or REQ system add anything to the experience?
Some challenges have a ton of enemies and that's fun. Having 8 people so that more are likely still up if you die is nice. There is none of that defuse the bomb in 30 seconds or instantly die bullshit. The vehicles definitely bring something and it is a nice playground for some otherwise kinda useless ones like scout warthog or gungoose. Only trouble is bringing out a vehicle and driving onto the scene can take up valuable time, so you probably only want to do it in the intermission.

Generally PoE is more like a crucible, a very small-space game of survival against waves. This is more open and thus has more travel and tactics involved and you rush toward objectives to attack them rather than having more of a defensive dynamic going on. I do think it would add something if you had to run over and revive each other like in Destiny or Halo campaign rather than just normal Warzone respawning.

Played two matches and really enjoyed it, even if it's not really at all like old firefight.

I think it would be improved if it lasted longer, was more challenging, and more chaotic. I like how crazy the final round is, I wish there was a little more action earlier on.

singhr1

Revive mechanic would be interesting. Obviously harder to implement than just utilizing the WZA respawning framework.

If they would make it harder, what would be the best way? More enemies? Slower REQ leveling? Slower REQ point recovery? Limited to a pool of lives? Longer respawn timer?

Strider

I enjoy it.

I can get a few hours of fun at least when this launches especially when we get all the maps... Then jump in for some fun every now and then after that initial launch period... Maybe even use it as a fun warmup mode.

Really happy they are adding this to the game.

Trup1aya

Revive mechanic would be interesting. Obviously harder to implement than just utilizing the WZA respawning framework.

If they would make it harder, what would be the best way? More enemies? Slower REQ leveling? Slower REQ point recovery? Limited to a pool of lives? Longer respawn timer?

Just give the enemies more health and better weapon variants. I can hear it now ' It was all a cake walk until that Overshielded grunt pulled out an Voids Tear'...

Played two matches and really enjoyed it, even if it's not really at all like old firefight.

I think it would be improved if it lasted longer, was more challenging, and more chaotic. I like how crazy the final round is, I wish there was a little more action earlier on.

Agreed. I am glad it's called Warzone Firefight as it really is not like old Firefight.

It's fun, but needs some tweaks. As it is rounds 1 and 2 feel a little redundant until the meat really comes, but then again you need some early space.

My main wishes, based on only 2 games ;)

1) A slight bump in difficulty across all rounds
2) More 'backs against wall' moments
3) No reduction in enemies. So many foes, so good.
4). Some early bosses are a little too easy to get to: would rather have to crush than bypass the footsoldiers, but there's always gonna be sniping opportunities, so eh.

I know that the only map available of the Warzone Firefight Beta is Escape from ARC and that we will get all the Warzone maps on the release but I was wondering

Does anyone know if we will be able to play Warzone Firefight on the Warzone Assault maps?

other than prom and covy kill commendations, what other commendations can you earn in firefight (personal and/or spartan company)

like would vehicle kills count?

I know that the only map available of the Warzone Firefight Beta is Escape from ARC and that we will get all the Warzone maps on the release but I was wondering

Does anyone know if we will be able to play Warzone Firefight on the Warzone Assault maps?

You want firefight on Urban dont you.

mmmhmmm....

Trup1aya

I wish I would have jotted down the ai kills we needed before this hit. It seems like it is moving faster now.
Akai got it
Firefight is actually a solid experience. Just needs way more objectives.

Also, our Covenant and Promethean Kill Commendations have improved SIGNIFICANTLY, as expected.

2064 Promethean kills and 1288 Covenant kills, since this image was posted yesterday. We just made 250 Prometehan and 179 Covenant kills in 10 minutes. Will look at it again tomorrow.

The Garage is the only other objective that can fail, due to Prometheans capturing the base.

Strider

Honestly after playing a few rounds now... It is pretty easy outside of that defend the garage obj.

But to be honest I like it like that. Firefight is really chill in it's current form and the difficulty is probably alright for those groups that don't have many reqs.

Rather than increase the difficulty across the board for everyone I'd rather they just add difficulty tiers so people could play that if they want. Give people the option.... Options are good. And then just reward those that play higher difficulty levels with more RP and XP...

Getting into games now. 3 Wardens is very very hard.

I like kpop's positivity. Happiness is cool. Someday it will be as accepted in the FPS world as in the Starcraft world. Just you wait!

Shucks, i was hoping you would have admited your secret identity and i would have asked for an autograph, but NOPE. lol

T_T

EYEL1NER

Honestly after playing a few rounds now... It is pretty easy outside of that defend the garage obj.

But to be honest I like it like that. Firefight is really chill in it's current form and the difficulty is probably alright for those groups that don't have many reqs.

Rather than increase the difficulty across the board for everyone I'd rather they just add difficulty tiers so people could play that if they want. Give people the option.... Options are good. And then just reward those that play higher difficulty levels with more RP and XP...
I like it how it is but I think there could easily be two tiers of WZ Firefight: The Basic WZ Firefight that is currently how it is, with a couple tweaks of course based on what they learn from the beta. And then an Advanced WZ Firefight that adds more rounds onto the current experience, tougher rounds that can more easily destroy your high-Lvl REQs and require more coordinated teamwork.
That could just be a starting point for them. Then they could tweak things further, add more difficulties, etc.

Dice

Disclaimer: 3 Wardens is very very easy if you have a Hannibal Scorpion.

BraXzy

They've only ever shown Arc, I'd hope there's more maps but there aren't any announced yet.

Strider

I like it how it is but I think there could easily be two tiers of WZ Firefight: The Basic WZ Firefight that is currently how it is, with a couple tweaks of course based on what they learn from the beta. And then an Advanced WZ Firefight that adds more rounds onto the current experience, tougher rounds that can more easily destroy your high-Lvl REQs and require more coordinated teamwork.
That could just be a starting point for them. Then they could tweak things further, add more difficulties, etc.

Yea there's lots of ways it could evolve for sure. Ideally it can be an experience worthy for fans of PvE modes to keep coming back to... For me PvE modes are usually just a fun distraction for a bit tho then back to the PvP. That's why I don't really mind the difficulty as is.

I hope that along with the continued supports of the pro scene they'll also continue to update the mp portion of the game too with more and more content past the already scheduled updates... And that includes firefight. At the very least I'd like more objectives and bosses added. Variety is huuuuge for me when it comes to PvE modes.

Say what you will about how it is to play against Prometheans, I frickin' love their design.

Prometheans in Halo 5 are fine in combat. Their combat puzzle in 5 was revamped, you can take out a knight quickly if you hit its weak spots, watchers weren't prevalent in campaign, not like they were hard to take out anyway. But any annoyances were pretty much gone. Crawlers are fun to shoot in the face, Soldiers don't teleport excessively or have too much health. I enjoy fighting both Covenant and Prometheans they have defined rules that work.

BraXzy

Their designs are fantastic for artificial warriors. 343 did a great job refining their appearance and functions AND damage system from Halo 4 too.

When I saw this

tumblr_n8iwobVOG11skfab7o1_500.gif

In... I wanna say the first Halo 4 trailer?.. It was just so cool. I can't even remember the lore reason for the skull within the mask, is it just to intimidate? Whatever it is, it's bad ass.

Agreed, this isnt supposed to be some hard competitive thing, its for little billy to use his banshees and have fun.

Crazy AI spawnkilling with the voids tear lolol

Dice

Yeeeaahhh... just had a game where it seems nobody understood that if they just stand outside the garage the enemies will take it. They probably need a voice going MOVE INTO THE GARAGE TO PAUSE THE TAKEOVER. I'm not really surprised because I've seen the same with armories in WZ all the time.

When I saw this

tumblr_n8iwobVOG11skfab7o1_500.gif

In... I wanna say the first Halo 4 trailer?.. It was just so cool. I can't even remember the lore reason for the skull within the mask, is it just to intimidate? Whatever it is, it's bad ass.

I thought the spartan ops told us who the proms really where :p

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Yeeeaahhh... just had a game where it seems nobody understood that if they just stand outside the garage the enemies will take it. They probably need a voice going MOVE INTO THE GARAGE TO PAUSE THE TAKEOVER. I'm not really surprised because I've seen the same with armories in WZ all the time.

Yep, that objective came in pretty hot and we made the decision to include it, despite having less than ideal info to the player about base capture. Expect better information to the player for that objective type in the future.

Fuchsdh

Yep, that objective came in pretty hot and we made the decision to include it, despite having less than ideal info to the player about base capture. Expect better information to the player for that objective type in the future.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, ELLIS

Gonna' be home in twenty. Looking forward to getting some playtime in today since I'll be out of town for the weekend.

Top Bottom