• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I'm curious if Ricochet plays better than Assault. They're similar in that you have to take the ball/bomb to the enemy base, but Ricochet has the added bonus of just throwing it in the goal. Perhaps Assault could use bomb throws? Perhaps Ricochet would be better if you had to walk it in to score? Maybe Ricochet + walk-ins only + 5 second diffuse?

Assault is clearly not working for tournament play, so why not try something else? Where's Oddball?

Feels good when you're down 2-0 during a flag standoff in ctf on fathom and you get camo and kill their flag holder so your team gets the cap and then run the flag back to tie it up. Then go on to win the game. So much more fun than playing assault.

I'm curious if Ricochet plays better than Assault. They're similar in that you have to take the ball/bomb to the enemy base, but Ricochet has the added bonus of just throwing it in the goal. Perhaps Assault could use bomb throws? Perhaps Ricochet would be better if you had to walk it in to score? Maybe Ricochet + walk-ins only + 5 second diffuse?

Assault is clearly not working for tournament play, so why not try something else? Where's Oddball?

Or Team Objective.

Hey a Champion that's on my team for a change!
We almost lost.

Screenshot-Original.png

Hey a Champion that's on my team for a change!
We almost lost.

Played against The Siix God, Picah, and Shreyas in BTB the other night with Hypertrooper. They're total garbo. Your champ should be ashamed. Only people on our team getting kills are me, Hyper, and Beefola... and we had quitters... and people loitering in the base during strongholds that we're losing, and those scrubs couldn't even go positive with a full team and full control.

Good on you for getting revenge for HaloGAF!

Played against The Siix God, Picah, and Shreyas in BTB the other night with Hypertrooper. They're total garbo. Your champ should be ashamed. Only people on our team getting kills are me, Hyper, and Beefola... and we had quitters... and people loitering in the base during strongholds that we're losing, and those scrubs couldn't even go positive with a full team and full control.

Good on you for getting revenge for HaloGAF!

Yeah, they aren't that great. The game before I played them on Plaza, lol.

Yeah, they aren't that great. The game before I played them on Plaza, lol.

I believe we've found the other extreme in the ranking system failing to accurately place people lol. Jesus, total scrub hack frauds.

EDIT: haha, one of my clips was from that game. Oblivious as shit, lol. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/20684386

Double EDIT: lol, started the clip killing Picah and then he's in the overkill too. And, as I've said before, it wouldn't be me with camo without my oblivious teammates trying to kill me.

Novocaine

I love super fiesta, that is all.

Fiesta is super fun. I've been getting back in to H5 again and having a great time even though I suck.

Is there any active clans around? I'm in the AusGAF clan but I never see anyone on.

Also how crazy is the goal to get every permanent Warzone req card without spending money?

Novocaine

A bunch of us, myself included, have done it. It just takes a while. As long as patience is possible for you, it's fine.

I have bought the occasional pack but I'm pretty disciplined about not buying them all of the time. Now I have the Halo 2 BR I'm pretty okay with not buying more packs.

mo60

I was the only one on my team to get like above 10 kills in this slayer match in team arena. I almost broke twenty kills despite a gold player being on the other team. Teammates were quitting throughout that match.
Screenshot-Original.png

Chittagong

Gold Member
I was the only one on my team to get like above 10 kills in this slayer match in team arena. I almost broke twenty kills despite a gold player being on the other team. Teammates were quitting throughout that match.[/IMG]

Haha, I've had that so many times. Last season I was stuck at Gold 1 for the longest time because of team mates like that.

This season I was luckier, have gone already from my Gold 1 placement to Plat 2... Maybe this will be the first season I get Diamond :O

Unless you are a true tryhard at Diamond or above, or have a consistent party to roll with, there is no reason to care about winning in Arena right now.

m23

really don't understand how the AI could have bothered anybody.

they were a mechanic designed to help eat away at your titan timer - completely harmless, and just fun to have more stuff to shoot at.

also nicely balanced in that if you chose to shoot them, to reduce your timer, you'd show up on the mini map, making you extremely vulnerable.

they literally took away nothing, only added many things.

completely incomprehensible to me how they could possibly bother anybody.

they're not enemy replacements, they're a simply mechanic, not to mention they add ambiance to a game that sorely needs it considering you can't have too many actual players running about because of what you mentioned [too many players = too many titans running around].

It's hilarious to me that they decided to add a red glow to pilots in TF2 after taking the AI out of the game. What's the point of the glow then? I would have understood if the AI was still in to make it easier to differentiate pilots from AI, but that's not the case.

It's hilarious to me that they decided to add a red glow to pilots in TF2 after taking the AI out of the game. What's the point of the glow then? I would have understood if the AI was still in to make it easier to differentiate pilots from AI, but that's not the case.

I mean blending into grunts to fool enemies was one of the legit strats in TF1, at least for a quite long time after launch... And now you dare running out in the wild? You stand out like a sore thumb!

Why is that?

I think it is pretty obvious right now. The generally low Arena population often result in lopsided matchmaking and the lack of solo matchmaking priorities don't help either.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I think it is pretty obvious right now. The generally low Arena population often result in lopsided matchmaking and the lack of solo matchmaking priorities don't help either.

Yeah it's true that the player base is tiny. I have all morning today been matched with thesame guy, I guess we are the only EU low plats. Still better than US servers tho. Shame it's dying really, it's such a phenomenal game

Diamond players constantly play high ranked Onyx and Champions now, so you just get your shit pushed in all the time. So there really is no point, I mean everyone gets the same season rewards, so ranks are pretty shit tbh.

Oh, that sounds awful. I don't stand a chance against Onyx players. Diamonds, sometimes. Plat, mostly.

Oh, that sounds awful. I don't stand a chance against Onyx players. Diamonds, sometimes. Plat, mostly.

The only positive is it makes you a better player. The only way to get better at the game is to play better people. While I hate being stomped almost every game, I know I have become a better player. Your awareness gets better, your aim gets better (if you don’t you’ll get shit on), you learn all the little tricks for the maps, and you get better at knowing when to use your thruster in a 1v1.

Diamond players constantly play high ranked Onyx and Champions now, so you just get your shit pushed in all the time. So there really is no point, I mean everyone gets the same season rewards, so ranks are pretty shit tbh.

The pain is real. Pre-made teak under level 10 matching against diamond/onyx....

Let's make a halogaf Slayer team!!!!!!!!!

Chittagong

Gold Member
The only positive is it makes you a better player. The only way to get better at the game is to play better people. While I hate being stomped almost every game, I know I have become a better player. Your awareness gets better, your aim gets better (if you don’t you’ll get shit on), you learn all the little tricks for the maps, and you get better at knowing when to use your thruster in a 1v1.

True. I have learned to detect sounds I shouldn't be hearing, like thrusters and steps. Audio is super important. And to know where someone 'should be', hard to explain but somehow you register where enemies are likely to be.

Here's a 2nd one: Glassed

A little too much lighting going on there in both, but other than that, they look fairly good.

I'd be surprised if these don't receive a C&D or DMCA takedown, though.

I don't know why you wouldn't just make your own property at this point if you were producing assets of that quality. That being said, that level where the Keyship is right by the playspace is such a great indicator of scale - we never really saw it up close like that in the games.

Dany you kicked me!

lol I got a 20 minute ban. The game before was laggy and I was hoping it would go away, but that game was worse then it booted me. rip

Yeah, what a laggy game lol

Also, when will 343 start making open maps? Jesus, Molten is bad, people only camping on corners, no one goes to the middle

Yeah, what a laggy game lol

Also, when will 343 start making open maps? Jesus, Molten is bad, people only camping on corners, no one goes to the middle

Molten is bad with spawns and when ppl camp either the snipe spawn hallway or lava room it gets boring. Same with riptide camping....

They maps look pretty though.

need a 3rd wheel? I'm just diamond 3 now :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I was able to look past the major issues halo 4 had and still loved it for what it was and always struggled with how negative most of the community was and is towards it. But now titanfall 2 has me understanding. I feel like that community is going through the same shit this did a few years back. Really hope respawn can salvage the game before or soon after launch.

Top Bottom