• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Madness

Only for slayer. People dont move. Dont tell me you like when people camp in Halo

Depends on what type of camping we are talking about. The one where people barely move just crouched in corners, hiding and not wanting to engage and getting people caught off guard, or the kind where proficient players lock down key areas or weapon spawn areas to prevent the other team from getting them. Big difference between the two but people often think they are the same.

Camping is not the same as map control.

Depends on what type of camping we are talking about. The one where people barely move just crouched in corners, hiding and not wanting to engage and getting people caught off guard, or the kind where proficient players lock down key areas or weapon spawn areas to prevent the other team from getting them. Big difference between the two but people often think they are the same.

Im referring to people waiting on a corner for me, not people covering one area. Whatever.

You know, I warmed up to the Titanfall 2 beta slightly, but it still makes me glad that 343 went back to mostly the basics/foundation of the series for Halo 5 and it paid off tremendously.

I don't know why you wouldn't just make your own property at this point if you were producing assets of that quality. That being said, that level where the Keyship is right by the playspace is such a great indicator of scale - we never really saw it up close like that in the games.
Yeah, I thought the same. Why not just make their own game that's marketed as being inspired by Halo? Either way, looking forward to what comes of this.
You know, I warmed up to the Titanfall 2 beta slightly, but it still makes me glad that 343 went back to mostly the basics for Halo 5 and it paid off tremendously
I almost feel like unless they keep the gameplay exactly the same as Halo 5 with Halo 6 that people will complain.

And if they don't fix this connection lost shit, along with quitters and matching solos vs teams, they might as well just remove matching by skill in all but 3 playlists (Team Arena, Team Slayer, SWAT for Frankie -- ie: only having 3 ranked playlists w/ the rest as social/custom games browser).

mo60

Finally got a Perfection. Admittedly, it was BTB against a less than stellar team, but I did get 2 Buckle Ups for the company. Along with this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Karl2177/video/20762277

Congrats I only came close to getting a perfection once and that was a match I played in february where I died twice against some really awful team that kept on betraying each other in team slayer.

Haha, I've had that so many times. Last season I was stuck at Gold 1 for the longest time because of team mates like that.

This season I was luckier, have gone already from my Gold 1 placement to Plat 2... Maybe this will be the first season I get Diamond :O

I went on a killing spree in that match also. People really like to drop out of slayer matches in team arena from what I noticed to.

Yeah, I thought the same. Why not just make their own game that's marketed as being inspired by Halo? Either way, looking forward to what comes of this.

I almost feel like unless they keep the gameplay exactly the same as Halo 5 with Halo 6 that people will complain.
I honestly wouldn't mind them going back to a Halo 2-style of aiming. Replayed that game recently and the aiming and shooting just feels so good.

Nudull

Banned
So, after trying out the multiplayer side of MCC...and sucking horridly with the Bungie games, I try out Halo 4's multi and I found myself actually doing a lot better. Seriously, it's like night and day. o.o

Has 343-era Halo generally been more friendly to newer players? I don't know how it is with Halo 5, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable about playing it.

I honestly wouldn't mind them going back to a Halo 2-style of aiming. Replayed that game recently and the aiming and shooting just feels so good.
That's true, the default aiming could most certainly use an improvement. I also hope they keep all the settings we have now, like adjusting the dead zones, horizontal/vertical axes, etc.

I guess I was more talking about the general feel of the game, that it's not slower, the movement feels fluid and most of the weapons are effective. To compare it to Titanfall 2, you immediately feel that decrease in speed and more grounded combat. There were a couple of times where I thought I was crouching with a titan too, but it was just my mind messing with me. I'm sure some of the issues people are having will go away once they play it more, but that's if they still give it a chance. It just sucks how dismissive the reception on GAF has been, so hopefully that's not the case with the general public. We wouldn't want that for Halo 6.

I wonder why Val even comes in here if he doesn't like the game. Odd.

Anyway.... selling my Xbox one in prep for the one s coming Tuesday

^_^

I am excited!!!

Nowise10

Here's a 2nd one: Glassed

A little too much lighting going on there in both, but other than that, they look fairly good.

I'd be surprised if these don't receive a C&D or DMCA takedown, though.

God damn Halo has some talented fans. Some of those environments were breathtaking. Like Sub Zero said, the area where the Forerunner Keyship off in the distance is amazing. Like something that I would imagine seeing in a real Halo campaign.

The out-of-focus and white environments were bad tho

Who saw the Chief and Red/Blue bluetooth speaker preorder offers on Waypoint? Worth an OT?
Feel free to rip what I put together here if ya wanna post it
Imma wait on the Loot crate first and think about this one, would be cool to have a little Chief with my gamertag on it blasting BBQ summer tunes at a LAN.

Spec_Banner.jpg

Spec_banner.jpg

Gallery_5.jpg

Speakers_1.png

This is the very first Halo product to feature the authentic voice of the Master Chief himself, Steve Downes. Master Chief will greet you when you pair your Bluetooth device for music playback. 'I have a job to do'. By being the first to order, you will be in the vanguard of Halo fans worldwide to own this piece of history, so to reward your special support, this 60-day pre-order comes with a host of special deals.

Master Chief Speaker Pre Order Link

Spartan Athlon Red & Blue Speaker Pre Order Link

PERSONALIZE YOUR SPEAKER
  • A personalized decal, made from high-quality adhesive polyurethane to apply to your speaker, making it truly unique; Choose your 15 character personalization – your name, your Gamertag, your birthday – it’s up to you!
  • An authorized certificate, certifying that your speaker was manufactured in the original production run – a genuine first edition, nothing less!
  • Feature red or blue color base ( to match each Spartan color ) – unique to this pre-order offer. Speakers shipped after pre-order will have standard black base.
  • Our guarantee that your speaker will be shipped ahead of all orders from elsewhere – so you will be among the very first to own this piece of Halo history.

COST
  • RRP: $239
  • 25% off enlistment bonus within first 14 days
  • 15% off within 28 days
  • 10% off within 60 days
  • Estimated Shipping Date is 4th Quarter 2016

SPECS
  • 32CM Tall
  • Stereo sound
  • 10W subwoofer
  • Speakers 2x3W – 32mm 4ᘯ
  • Designed by ACW creative team and sound engineers
  • Battery play time: 4-5 hours
  • Battery charge time: 2-3 hours
  • Battery is fixed e.g. non-removable
  • Bluetooth range approx. 10m
  • *NOT waterproof, so no Halo soundtracks up in your shower

GEEK SPECS
  • Frequency Response: 20HZ -20KHZ
  • Battery: 8.4V, 2200mAh
  • Bluetooth v 4.0/CSR
  • HFP v1.6 wideband speech (HD voice ready)
  • HSP v1.2
  • A2DP v1.2
  • AVRCP v1.4
  • DI v1.3

belushy

Banned
Where's the fall hcs deets?

Simms said on Beyond we should get some info next week but who knows.

I don't usually post Forge stuff here but this is goes well beyond my expectations.

I was trying to keep the total landscape (ground, rocks, trees, ice, paths, chasm) budget for my Avalanche remake to under 600 pieces so i would have head room for well designed structures.

It came in at 275 pieces!

Awesome dude! That is well under that budget haha

I don't know why you wouldn't just make your own property at this point if you were producing assets of that quality. That being said, that level where the Keyship is right by the playspace is such a great indicator of scale - we never really saw it up close like that in the games.
Not gonna lie, but that quality made me leery if they even have done the assets by themselves.

Top Bottom