• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Karl2177

Was there ever a place I could go online and view what maps and gametypes were in what playlists? I remember one for Reach on Bungie.net, and I remember it being in the game for MCC, but I don't remember there being one for Halo 5. They should do something about that.
They won't, lazy devs, etc.

Dany made me play bad.

Like if I was a good player. Even GOSU was plsying better. What have I became...

Not even two minutes in and two people already quit.

One guy was 1-4 and the other was 0-2. The score was only 8-11, I don't even know why these types of people even play.

Akai__

Can we get a new audio series with the same quality like #HuntTheTruth? I kinda miss it.

Maybe something that leads up to Halo Wars 2?

IHaveIce

Banned
Told ya it was soon :p
You are right, I apologize :D

Really love those news, hope the attendance will be high. Would love to attend Open Events here, but all EU events are in the UK.
After gamescom I want to play something again on stage competitive eventhough it was not Halo.

Shame Oddball won't be in for the next season, but I kinda guess we will see some refreshing gameplay on the new map setups

OMG please move assault to its own playlist so it can die the death it deserves.

SO HARD not to just quit when it comes up, i hate this fucking mode!

[edit: it's OK on tyrant, but still only OK]

belushy

Banned
Is gears True LAN?

I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure it is true LAN.

edit: However I agree with sir_dany12 that the fake-lan that 343 have set up is probably better than actual LAN. The biggest problem with it is that it can't really easily be distributed to all the people who want to host H5 LAN events.

Akai__

Dedis are probably better than true Lan. Get over it.

You are probably annoyed by the poster, but no. Servers + a Xbox Live connection will always add delay to your game, doesn't matter if players are in the same room.

It's a pain in the ass for every organizer that actually wants to host LAN tournaments.

Is gears True LAN?

If I remember correctly, The Coalition/Rod Fergusson was the 1st developer to push for LAN support on the Xbox One. The Xbox One doesn't support true LAN currently and god knows if they will be able to get the green light. I didn't read any updates on it, but that's also because I don't really care about Gears anymore. Maybe they already did get the okay.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure it is true LAN.

edit: However I agree with sir_dany12 that the fake-lan that 343 have set up is probably better than actual LAN. The biggest problem with it is that it can't really easily be distributed to all the people who want to host H5 LAN events.

Yes, gears is true lan.

Its probably a better solution, but it takes more time and money, which small lan dont have, so they just do an online tournament, thats the problem.

Edit: I would like someone with knowledge on the area to explain that. Its something Im curious about.

Yes, gears is true lan.

Its probably a better solution, but it takes more time and money, which small lan dont have, so they just do an online tournament, thats the problem.

Edit: I would like someone with knowledge on the area to explain that. Its something Im curious about.

What are you talking about here? Real question.

Are you saying that it's cheaper for smaller organizers to not run a "true LAN" tournament somehow? No clue what you're saying here, bruh.

Or are you referring to some other aspect of the conversation that I missed?

Assault, Riptide and Overgrown getting put back into Arena is unfortunate. I just want some proper new maps, or hell, a couple remakes from 2-3. Do we know if anything new is coming?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Assault, Riptide and Overgrown getting put back into Arena is unfortunate. I just want some proper new maps, or hell, a couple remakes from 2-3. Do we know if anything new is coming?

We know a sanghelios arena map is coming. Probably with the next update in the coming weeks also featuring forge updates and win 10 forge and new reqs

What are you talking about here? Real question.

Are you saying that it's cheaper for smaller organizers to not run a "true LAN" tournament somehow? No clue what you're saying here, bruh.

Or are you referring to some other aspect of the conversation that I missed?

I was saying it is more expensive to use the 343's solution, so smaller lans just do an online tournament (with no dedi) because they cant do true lan. Sorry for the confusion :/

I was saying it is more expensive to use the 343's solution, so smaller lans just do an online tournament (with no dedi) because they cant do true lan. Sorry for the confusion :/

But, correct me if I'm wrong, people aren't asking for 343's solution. They just want LAN play. Like we had since CE. I understand the XB1's limitations, but you're forgetting the extra cost for decent venue internet once you have to make sure you have a solid internet connection at all times for dozens of xboxes. AND then a stream as well if you want your LAN to matter to anyone who isn't there, so not only do you need a reliable downstream connection with reliable up for the dozens of xboxes, but now you need a decent sized upstream pipe for the stream. At most venues that's a significant cost. I don't know why having a "fake dedi" provided by 343 for tourneys over a certain size would be a significantly larger expense.

Or just, you know, allow for LAN play. Or do like PC games have for decades and allow for one machine to be in server mode on the LAN.

OMG please move assault to its own playlist so it can die the death it deserves.

SO HARD not to just quit when it comes up, i hate this fucking mode!

[edit: it's OK on tyrant, but still only OK]

ceob.gif

You suck, assault is my thing :) I'm happy if they move it back to a pure assault playlist, that shit was tight and had population to boot.

Honestly I'd rather have a game of Assault than Flag. Objective has never really been my thing but I enjoy the one objective on map vs having two Flags. It just lends itself to the whole team pushing more than Flag seems to.

Plus having a double thrust is the...bomb.

Fuchsdh

Also found something pretty cool on Waypoint for a change.

I like that BR scope a lot more. It should have stayed Frankie!

The concept guy's stuff looks sweet, but especially the REQ concept would have been madness to see in practice, especially since we see how much it could chug already.

Top Bottom