• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Don't be that jerk who spartan charges teammates who are trying to use the terminal.

Yeah ground pound instead.
kappa_big.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well that makes 4 games in Warzone with astonishingly bad teams who lose all bases within 3-5 minutes. Thing is, not trying to destroy the core is apparently the super cool thing to do, so losing is an astoundingly boring 20-odd minute process. At least in Firefight if your team fucking sucks you'll just lose really quickly. It has completely spoiled me and I'm not sure I can go back to those long matches of playing out inevitability.

Edit: Oh, I guess that last one was a 12 person party stomping us.

Hey Braxzy Gosu I just finished QB what a great game, now it's time for the
Gears of War 4 and the last days of the Halo 5
Beta!

Start to finish, so damn goooood. Yup! Hopefully i get in the first wave. Gwt my dl on you know?

Bwahahhahahahaaaa

Btw ricky -
thats what she said tho. ;) dragon thunder special

NOKYARD

I don't know if I'll ever complete that commendation. I had 3 Warden kills tonight, but because I wasn't the last bullet in the orb, it didn't count. It sucks because I dealt the death dealing tank shot, but it doesn't actually count.

Sometimes they show up later. I killed 2 Hunters and 2 Wardens in one game. It displayed the red X on all 4 kills but showed no advancement in the post-game commendations. About 10 minutes later all 4 kills showed up on the Waypoint page.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Protip: If your teammate knocks a phaeton down with a spitfire, they are probably wanting to board it so they can clear the entire garage full of enemies, you may not want to blow it up... 3 fucking times.

Sometimes they show up later. I killed 2 Hunters and 2 Wardens in one game. It displayed the red X on all 4 kills but showed no advancement in the post-game commendations. About 10 minutes later all 4 kills showed up on the Waypoint page.
Are you sure that is for commendations? Because I tore shit up with a corp scorpion yet always got the next-to-last hit on 3 wardens and on waypoint for the match it shows legendary and mythic takedowns for them but my warden commendation hasn't advanced. Sucks because I only need 4.

Trup1aya

Ok guys I just did 115 kills on Warzone Firefight with the Wraith IMO right now it's the best vehicle for WZFF

eAjEeDI.png

I saw a guy yesterday going bananas with the Wraith. I can't use that thing for shit... Can't figure out how to accurately arc my shots. This guy, never missed from any range.

singhr1

Ok guys I just did 115 kills on Warzone Firefight with the Wraith IMO right now it's the best vehicle for WZFF

eAjEeDI.png

Unless its phaetons, agree 100% in terms of price:effectiveness. Otherwise its just scorpion tank. I've killed a few phaetons with a wraith and hitting some sexy arcs but it's lack of speed makes it a sitting duck against >1 phaeton and you need to be relatively close to even stand a chance for a arc to hit.

after playing a bunch this weekend i can say i think i they have a really, really solid foundation with WZFF and with some tweaking i think will be great.

i think my biggest problem is how spread out everything is. id actually prefer much smaller areas rather than the big warzone maps. even if they closed out everything except one base. i dont really feel like im working together with my team when enemies are spawning in groups of a couple all over the map.

despite being the "hardest", i actually like defend the garage the most. brings everyone to the same spot.

also, i didnt mind them in the campaign, but man, prometheans just arent fun to fight in firefight. i dont mind the crawlers, since a well placed shot can take them out, but knights and soliders suuuuuck. no reaction to being hit, just a fast moving giant concrete block that shoots at you.

Me playing other video games more so than usual is starting to show in halo. Just between the gears beta (which I know I'll be playing), dark souls 3, and sunset overdrive halo is on the back burner. Probably will still try to do 2-3 games of warzone assault to keep my aim on point. Just right now nothing makes me want to play halo above those games. Probably also isn't fair that dark souls is one of my favorite series so it's pretty hard to not want to play that game.

Though if next update they surprised release oddball I'll be a happy man and play the shit out of that. Infection is going to be fun as all hell though hope they don't bs the infection game types like with halo mcc. Must of played all the game types except og infection.

Be level 64.

Open silver pack.

DMR!!!!! FINALLY. I HAVE IT. ITS FINALLY HAPPENED. THE DMR IS MINE.

Next pack: DMR with silencer.

next pack: kinetic DMR.

Did I just take the maximum amount of time RNGesus would allow and its just throwing DMRs at me now?

Be level 64.

Open silver pack.

Did I just take the maximum amount of time RNGesus would allow and its just throwing DMRs at me now?

The whole system is less of a rng system and more of a ladder of Radom thing based on where your at. Like this system way more than most rng because you can work your way up to get everything and not have to worry about dumb luck to get the best stuff.

But congrats on getting the dmr! I got it around level 30-40 but still use the br way more. Dmr is good at longer range but person felling toward that weapon makes me hate it a little bit

For this reason is why I cry a little bit when dmr swat is the game type cause I'm absolute trash with it compared to the other rifles and pistol.

So.... Wtf is this #HaloX "movement" that's been going around?

Seems to be stemming from this video, which is talking about all the online bullying and general shitty state(???) of the Halo community, even though it's always been a shitshow to begin with. Favorite quote from the video is how he goes onto say that we should be able to admit that the games aren't as good as they used to be, comparing Halo 3 to Halo 5.

Also, literally none of these associated HaloX promo video things have people who know how to read from a script, jesus christ.

EDIT: that being said, getting some of these younger Halo personalities invested in toning down the salt and doxing and whatnot is nothing but a benefit for the community, considering it has to start somewhere.

Trup1aya

Be level 64.

Open silver pack.

Nope, not the maximum...

The same thing happened to me, but I was level 76.

IHaveIce

Banned
Seems to be stemming from this video, which is talking about all the online bullying and general shitty state(???) of the Halo community, even though it's always been a shitshow to begin with. Favorite quote from the video is how he goes onto say that we should be able to admit that the games aren't as good as they used to be, comparing Halo 3 to Halo 5.

Also, literally none of these associated HaloX promo video things have people who know how to read from a script, jesus christ.

EDIT: that being said, getting some of these younger Halo personalities invested in toning down the salt and doxing and whatnot is nothing but a benefit for the community, considering it has to start somewhere.
God I hate the Reddit/RUL Halo community guys who think talking like this will achieve anything. Play the damn games and if you enjoy them, invest time in them, crying about them or making fanfictions just get you to be a dork

Tawpgun

Y'all dogged on halo 5 beta being too bro

Meanwhile doom is styling on us

tumblr_o5pltxGwJ61r7sijxo1_540.gif

and apparantly stole some 343 artists for making armor

doom beta was bad, IMO, and according to steam, a lot of players agree.

that, coupled with a split community when they release map packs, makes me think that game isnt going to be around long.

Yo for real though, the Doom beta was so much fun. Great armor animations too.

doom beta was bad, IMO, and according to steam, a lot of players agree.

that, coupled with a split community when they release map packs, makes me think that game isnt going to be around long.

lol, NEOGAF.gif

Trup1aya

I would have paid to have this in H5 lol. They could have made it so that only players who choose to see the emotes, would.

People said halo outtros were too bro... They weren't bro enough IMO. We also need M'shak/BB announcer voiceovers, and the ability to activate grunt birthday skulls in Warzone.

The emotes aren't to bad of an idea and could work for 5 if they made toned down the taunts a little bit, like the badass feeling intro in every halo 5 game though. though that doom beta is way too floaty for me to enjoy, the game play just isn't interesting enough and feel like i'm playing a less responsive version of halo 5. plus that super shotgun is too op for its own good.

Just think halo 5 has spoiled me on fps game play, love the movement and little aim assist, game always feels so rewarding to pull off anything special,really halo 5 is the only competitive fps shooter i can play and the doom beta only reminded me of so, can understand why people like it but its not interesting enough for me.

I bet the code is just sitting there. All alone. Crying.

giving dap isn't too bro lol it was pretty crazy to see that reaction during the beta. Now we have akward poses where the person is looking at something to the side.

maybe if they were slapping butts it would have been crossing the bro line.
all about them butts
butts

I miss the old H5 celebration animations. What pisses me off, the people that complained about it don't even play the fucking game anymore.

God I hate the Reddit/RUL Halo community guys who think talking like this will achieve anything. Play the damn games and if you enjoy them, invest time in them, crying about them or making fanfictions just get you to be a dork

Nah, they have some valid points. Also: like 98% of the Halo community are baseline dorks to begin with, it's not like challenging community norms somehow exacerbates that. There's arguments to be made, considering Halo's never really had a great community, so "making it great again" is kind of a misnomer. That being said, I'd love for Halo 5's playerbase to actually consist of people I enjoy interacting with, rather than just enjoying the game and the game alone.

IHaveIce

Banned
Nah, they have some valid points. Also: like 98% of the Halo community are baseline dorks to begin with, it's not like challenging community norms somehow exacerbates that. There's arguments to be made, considering Halo's never really had a great community, so "making it great again" is kind of a misnomer. That being said, I'd love for Halo 5's playerbase to actually consist of people I enjoy interacting with, rather than just enjoying the game and the game alone.

There is no franchise in any media where I like the whole community this is just setting itself up for disappointment.
Halo is too different from each iteration onwards so creating a community where there is less shittalking for some titles of the franchise is impossible.

Also I still doubt people are ready to realize Halo 5 is the best Halo mp so far.,

Trup1aya

I bet the code is just sitting there. All alone. Crying.

giving dap isn't too bro lol it was pretty crazy to see that reaction during the beta. Now we have akward poses where the person is looking at something to the side.

maybe if they were slapping butts it would have been crossing the bro line.
all about them butts
butts

The more butt slapping the better, from where I sit.
Can't believe this community can embrace squatting on the face of corpses, but not high fives, let alone the Carlton dance.

There is no franchise in any media where I like the whole community this is just setting itself up for disappointment.
Halo is too different from each iteration onwards so creating a community where there is less shittalking for some titles of the franchise is impossible.

Also I still doubt people are ready to realize Halo 5 is the best Halo mp so far.,

I'm not saying the whole community, I'm saying any part of the community. Like, there are individual people I know within the community that I like / actually know, but no Halo community online is particularly inviting towards everyone, which is the main problem.

Top Bottom