• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Nice! We should group up when everyone is good to go!

Hell yeah you can count on me, this beta will last a long time and my body is ready!

And while I have top of the page attention I have 1 question wasn't the WZFF Beta extended 1 day more? why I'm getting this message:

MdsiRhY.png

I personally think the AR should nerf it's range. Something about someone spray/praying with that thing grinds my gears.

it'll be a wonderful thing, like a TEIR above the normal ;)

It's bad enough in BTB, whyyyy are people still pushing for BR starts.

So I'm not 100% sure who you are and how competent you are, sounds about right ;)

You will be foolish to choose that path, Jack. I mean.. BraXzy.

You know, hearing his voice only gets me super excited for Game of Thrones. HYPED

Glass

They really don't want autos to have a place in the sanbox...

Why would anyone ever use the pistol when they have a BR?

Exactly. You'd only pull out the pistol when you run out of your BR's clip, so you swap weapons to basically act as an extended clip for a precision weapon. Boring as fuck.

H5 starting weapons are great. I post on the TB HCS thread and that's it, the salt levels are dangerously high anywhere else.

BraXzy

You will be foolish to choose that path, Jack. I mean.. BraXzy.

You know, hearing his voice only gets me super excited for Game of Thrones. HYPED

That was definitely one of the biggest things I had to get over when playing, the fact they used actors made immersion trickier.
Why's Little Finger talkin' bout time travel
xD

That was definitely one of the biggest things I had to get over when playing, the fact they used actors made immersion trickier.
Why's Little Finger talkin' bout time travel
xD

biggest twist will be revealed at the end of season 6 for GoT. When
little finger reveals his real name as Paul Serene and that he is from the future. He found a way to go into the past by finding the first known anomoly like what hatch found in the cave. GAME OVER BRO, GAME OVER

Trup1aya

Exactly. You'd only pull out the pistol when you run out of your BR's clip, so you swap weapons to basically act as an extended clip for a precision weapon. Boring as fuck.

H5 starting weapons are great. I post on the TB HCS thread and that's it, the salt levels are dangerously high anywhere else.

They'd be relegating the pistol to sidearm status, and rendering most pickups useless. It's like they actually want this game to be COD. So weird.

Part of what makes Halo awesome is that it isn't JUST about precision aim.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
AR needs range for suppression fire, otherwise the other guns are just unbridled gods. Yeah, it is kind of annoying when you just can't get away from the chip damage, but it's a fair trade for the ability to have any hope of working together to move from your position.

m23

Only sandbox change I'd make is bringing the storm rifle more in line.

Yeah, other than that I think the balance of the game is the best it can get. I'm actually surprised at how well balanced the weapons are in arena, they did a great job on that front.

Love the sound of the needler - >=D

come on guys, just nerf the AR range a little and make it have more spread the further the bullets go out. its the cleaners tool. not the hatchet or butcher knife.

:p your pistol is your weapon of defense versus other precision guns. Plus in ARENA (the only mode that actually counts) you are in close enough range to not worry about a long distance scope. Cover is one thrust away ;) ;)

TCKaos

I feel like the sandbox is finally at a place where the Magnum is finally effective enough to be a starting weapon and the BR is finally strong enough to be a pickup on Arena and BtB maps.

Warzone has so many vehicles, so much infantry and so many power weapons with maps so large and with so much cover that the use of BRs and DMRs are necessary to play the game properly. This isn't the case for Big Team, where there are potentially four to six vehicles and 8 enemies at most at any point in time, each of which has the same exact equipment that you do or an equal opportunity to have gotten more powerful equipment.

BR starts actively hinder maps movement and vehicle use in Big Team. They have served their purpose of acting as a crutch to compensate for how utterly weak the starting weapons of the previous Halos were.

oh my GOD that was satisfying to watch. I can't believe I have to wait another week to play the beta because I'm a dumb idiot who didn't buy Ultimate Edition.

If you like Gears, 4 is amazing. The small changes are nice but I haven't really sunk my teeth in yet

You blocked his GP so your teammate could score.

Not all big plays show up on the scoreboard

That's deep, bruh. Hits me where I live.

EYEL1NER

I am absolutely thrilled! Just opened my first Silver pack of the day, finally got the Scorpion cert!!! Of course it happens toward the end of WZFF being available, so that was a missed opportunity to score a lot of kills towards commendations.
WZFF disappearing will be a bummer though. I suppose I'll be back to a sub 1.0 KD ratio soon. I've got the Gears beta downloading right now though, so I'll play that until I hit Lvl 20 for the unlocks.

BraXzy

How come I never seen a pro pick it up? I was watching Ninja's stream and he picks it up and a few seconds later he said why I'm I using this pos.

I feel like the suppressor fits nicely in the sandbox where PvE is concerned. It makes short work of enemies with weak spots.. But yeah in multiplayer its just bleh.

Tawpgun

If someone gives me a Gears code I'll boot someone from the company and get you in.

I'll also give you my gears code whenever I get one

Top Bottom