• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I'm guessing it's just for the beta, but having bots and JiP for ranked games is fucking stupid. The game is fun, I traded with a guy, what is this Halo?

BraXzy

I'm guessing it's just for the beta, but having bots and JiP for ranked games is fucking stupid. The game is fun, I traded with a guy, what is this Halo?

Gears? It's a tricky one because it's better than being a man down.. But JiP is weird, unless it just allows back in the person who DC'd which should be a thing.

Gears? It's a tricky one because it's better than being a man down.. But JiP is weird, unless it just allows back in the person who DC'd which should be a thing.
Yeah Gears. I do wish you could re-join after a disconnect in Halo, but other than that there should be no JiP in ranked anything for games.

Esque7

Just got banned for a couple hours for quitting a game for the first time in forever. The 3 games I played today all had horrible lag, so maybe something is up.

Preview of a video to come:

wUPMbzH.png

Just got banned for a couple hours for quitting a game for the first time in forever. The 3 games I played today all had horrible lag, so maybe something is up.

I had this over the weekend, my first matchmaking ban. I have quit exactly 2 games in 3 weeks. When I loaded up Waypoint I could see 2 extra matches, that worked normally in game, listed me as DNF on Waypoint. It's not a perfect system but I was only put out for a short temp ban.

Perhaps it was the same for your ban.

EYEL1NER

Guys, GUYS, the Drop Shot in Gears4 is a beast
Uh.... Halo
That weapon looks like fun. Or a lot better than the gun that fired the rounds that travel underground. I also said "Wow" at how Gears 4 looks. I need to check and see if my download is finished, I left the house for a while.
I got my first ban a couple days ago. Got on to play WZFF but decided to play some Grifball to get my Arena daily. The matches were laggy as fuck and I wasn't doing so hot. Anyway, I was playing a match and had accidentally killed someone twice at the most, but I was positive that it was only once. They were typical Grifball betrayals though: bringing a hammer down on someone you are chasing right as a teammate Spartan charges into view from out of nowhere, or a hammer attack on the goal trying to clear out a massive clusterfuck. Anyway, another innocuous betrayal happens and I am immediately booted. I rarely get the option to kick someone in Grifball and never do because it is rarely intentional and being down a man sucks. I immediately said "Welp, I hope those guys get fucking destroyed." Joined another one and the match went really well, we win, and rather than seeing a results screen, I get a message saying I am banned for two minutes due to griefing.
I just switched to WZFF but I was still incredibly annoyed that it happened.

BraXzy

Yeah Gears. I do wish you could re-join after a disconnect in Halo, but other than that there should be no JiP in ranked anything for games.

Yeah it definitely shouldn't in ranked. So literally anyone can fill a spot? How would that work with ranking? Join a match 48-2 and lose instantly, no affect on rank?

BraXzy

So Nadeshot announced he started his own Esports organization. Wonder if he's interested in a Halo team...

Woah that's a pretty big step from just being a player. Where's he got the funding for it?

What exactly? A team, an event organiser, a sponsor?

It's an organisation, so like EG is an org. They have a Dota team, a Halo team etc. It's like a brand almost. It's not a team, it's the bigger organisation that runs/owns it/pays players.

Trup1aya

2467 Promethean kills left to go
2305 Covenant kills left to go

Will we done before I wake up in the morning? I knew Firefight would solve the AI kills issue, but initially, I didn't think the beta alone would suffice.

belushy

Banned
Woah that's a pretty big step from just being a player. Where's he got the funding for it?

I think he could get any sponsor he wants. I'm sure hes working on it. Right now, for an online league its not really expensive and he is rolling in money.

He said in his announcement video that he had to rush the process (assuming because the 2nd season of COD pro league starts in a few weeks). He just told Hecz this morning he was going to do it apparently.

edit: A Halo team would be cool, but I wouldn't expect one soon. I'm sure Nade wants to start small.

BraXzy

I think he could get any sponsor he wants. I'm sure hes working on it. Right now, for an online league its not really expensive and he is rolling in money.

He said in his announcement video that he had to rush the process (assuming because the 2nd season of COD pro league starts in a few weeks). He just told Hecz this morning he was going to do it apparently.

edit: A Halo team would be cool, but I wouldn't expect one soon. I'm sure Nade wants to start small.

Yeah I watched his vid and he mentioned an opportunity that came up which sped things up so maybe he already has a sponsor. And the season starting probably helped too.

A Halo team would be cool, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a Dota team, or attempted to. Crazy money to be had over there.

Barf. opened my 2 arena bundle packs for the week and got 3 armors and 3 visors. Yay... lol for having a greater chance at unlocking legendary and mythic stuff, I haven't really noticed many good unlocks considering I'm completely done with silver, which includes the warzone bundle packs too. I'm itching to unlock some legendary weapon certs. 12 ultra rare certs to go before all legendary unlocks. I'm closing in! The game will probably go through all the ultra rares first.
IAmnuoU.png

BraXzy

2467 Promethean kills left to go
2305 Covenant kills left to go

Will we done before I wake up in the morning? I knew Firefight would solve the AI kills issue, but initially, I didn't think the beta alone would suffice.

That is insane! This is the difference the Firefight beta has caused:

Code:
[U][B]Commendation[/B][/U]                    [U][B]Pre-Firefight[/B][/U]          [U][B]Post-Firefight[/B][/U]

Promethean Kills to go:            37,634                    2467

Covenant Kills to go:              21,629                    2305

Code:
[U][B]Commendation[/B][/U]                    [U][B]Pre-Firefight[/B][/U]          [U][B]Post-Firefight[/B][/U]

We have like 3248923894983 Marines to go.

Add Marines to FF 343 tashiplz

Code:

It's like they had it planned that way or something :)

Welfare

Code:

Aw yissssss.

If everyone plays Warzone, we should get these done by Wednesday.

Madness

Some asshole hijacked a Phaeton and then took off and wouldn't destroy it during one of the rounds. So for 3 minutes we just chased him all over but with friendly fire off we could not do anything to it.

EYEL1NER

Some asshole hijacked a Phaeton and then took off and wouldn't destroy it during one of the rounds. So for 3 minutes we just chased him all over but with friendly fire off we could not do anything to it.
Haha. That is shitty that it could happen and happened to you guys. And I am not supportive of griefing, I can imagine how frustrating that would feel. But that is just such a monumental douche move that I cannot help but laugh at it and find it funny.

S.Holmes

Banned
I'm so addicted to Firefight even with its flaws (not enough rounds, horrible last round when it's eternal wardens).

Is there a chance they might extend this beta or release Firefight sooner ? I remember someone in here saying release date is scheduled for June ? Not sure. The wait is gonna kill me now that I've played it so much.

I'm so addicted to Firefight even with its flaws (not enough rounds, horrible last round when it's eternal wardens).

Is there a chance they might extend this beta or release Firefight sooner ? I remember someone in here saying release date is scheduled for June ? Not sure. The wait is gonna kill me now that I've played it so much.
Firefight is a mixed bag for me. The difficulty is all over the place depending on if people are willing to use good reqs or even have reqs to use toward the end of the match. I don't believe it's possible to kill the final bosses without vehicles and i've had at least a few if not more matches where that was the case. The garage phase is a bitch and even if players all try and stay inside or even use higher reqs, it's rarely finished from my experience.

Overall I enjoy it, but there is one thing that is more annoying than anything. I hate how you can put in the most damage and do the most work toward killing stuff, but the AI can randomly just finish you off with ultra accurate fire from distance, and then you can't respawn or get back to the fight in time to get credit for a kill before teammates finish a boss off. I hate that kind of AI, personally. It's basically akin to legendary settings in Halo: CE campaign. I've always felt heroic was by far the best balance in terms of enemy health and enemey weapon damage/accuracy. I always wanted legendary to have the same balance, but only double or more the enemies. Instead, legendary difficulty in the campaign is more enemies combined with utlra high weapon damage and accuracy.

So instead of being fun and rewarding, deaths can feel off as cheap to me. The same is true for a lot of the times I die in firefight. It never feels fair, but cheap. "Oh look even though all my teammates are closer to a bunch of enemies, for some reason the enemies all decided to use their ultra accuracy to target me out from way off in the distance and I'm dead instantly." seems legit. However, not sure the best way it could be balanced seeing as how a lot of people already think FF is super easy. And some people get off on that kind of challenge. To each their own lol.

The key to Firefight is the Warthog.

The key to everything is the Warthog.

Hog Wild is releasing soon.

Bring back the Wheelman Armor Mod.

Bring back Halo 1 physics for vehicles, or just the Hog, as a Custom Game setting.

Bring back indestructible vehicles as a Custom Game setting.

Allow us
me
to recreate Hog Wars, the true Hog Wars.

Include a server browser so people can search for Hog Wars.

343 what are you doing..

#SaveHalo​

S.Holmes

Banned
Firefight is a mixed bag for me. The difficulty is all over the place depending on if people are willing to use good reqs or even have reqs to use toward the end of the match. I don't believe it's possible to kill the final bosses without vehicles and i've had at least a few if not more matches where that was the case. The garage phase is a bitch and even if players all try and stay inside or even use higher reqs, it's rarely finished from my experience.

Overall I enjoy it, but there is one thing that is more annoying than anything. I hate how you can put in the most damage and do the most work toward killing stuff, but the AI can randomly just finish you off with ultra accurate fire from distance, and then you can't respawn or get back to the fight in time to get credit for a kill before teammates finish a boss off. I hate that kind of AI, personally. It's basically akin to legendary settings in Halo: CE campaign. I've always felt heroic was by far the best balance in terms of enemy health and enemey weapon damage/accuracy. I always wanted legendary to have the same balance, but only double or more the enemies. Instead, legendary difficulty in the campaign is more enemies combined with utlra high weapon damage and accuracy.

So instead of being fun and rewarding, it just comes off as cheap to me. The same is true for a lot of the times I die in firefight. It never feels fair, but cheap. "Oh look even though all my teammates are closer to a bunch of enemies, for some reason the enemies all decided to use their ultra accuracy to target me out from way off in the distance and I'm dead instantly." seems legit. However, not sure the best way it could be balanced seeing as how a lot of people already think FF is super easy. And some people get off on that kind of challenge. To each their own lol.

I agree with the last round and eternal wardens. No way is that possible, no matter how good you are, with just basic weapons within that time limit. No way. So you have to use reqs. And I have no scorpion or wraith despite opening some packs. And I don't want to have to use them as I am having fun with the pistol and battle rifle.

Disagree about ''defend station'' round. My fav round by far. I love when there's chaos on the battlefield in one spot makes it so much fun even if I lose now and then. That's what I loved about Reach FF. Chaos = fun.

About the dying part. Dunno never felt that way. I always assume it's my own fault.
I always think ''let's wait another millisecond I can get away with it'' and often I can't lol but that's the fun. I'm really hoping that they make it really hard. It should feel rewarding when you win. Now I win every 8/10 match I play. I'd rather win 1/10 but have much more fun and craziness.

And lastly...why are certain gamers so disrespectful these days ? I mean whenever I go to the req station to ready up they annoy you by punching you away so you have to go back and do it again and they keep repeating this. Or how they'll deliberately run you over with their vehicles. The point of Firefight is to play TOGETHER. Seeing gamers like that really annoys me.

Trup1aya

So instead of being fun and rewarding, deaths can feel off as cheap to me. The same is true for a lot of the times I die in firefight. It never feels fair, but cheap. "Oh look even though all my teammates are closer to a bunch of enemies, for some reason the enemies all decided to use their ultra accuracy to target me out from way off in the distance and I'm dead instantly." seems legit. However, not sure the best way it could be balanced seeing as how a lot of people already think FF is super easy. And some people get off on that kind of challenge. To each their own lol.

Hmm, I never use Reqs and finish top three just about every time. Just like every other Warzone mode, you don't have to use Reqs to be effective. Enemies drop all sorts of power weapons.

I guess if a team of 8 all decided to use no Reqs at all, beating the 3 wardens might be tougher than the cake walk it is now. But I doubt it would be impossible.

As far as the garage, I think I had a fail rate a 50% on the first few days, but today it was 100%. Didn't even come close to losing. It seems people have come to terms with the. Need to push into the garage.

The AI is super accurate in the later rounds. I've been killed by crawlers and soldiers who can shoot me without even facing me!

Madness

Warden commendations aren't going up for me anymore either. But yeah they need to be looking at the way people are griefing. That phaeton hijack pissed me off.

Someone broke 10k CSR this weekend, time for a ranking change. You should only get 2 MAX CSR as a champ beating people if your over like 400+ CSR above them, the losing team should get -2 CSR MAX

Madness

I'm really liking Warzone Firefight. I think once it releases for all maps, it will be a blast if they can iron out some of the kinks, change up some AI behavior.

belushy

Banned
You can shoot those friendly phaetons with plasma pistols. Could be used to knock them off the map if they're close to the edge.

Warzone Firefight is so fun though. I want old firefight too, but this is a serviceable replacement for now. I hope the other maps play as good.

Three losses in a row in which we have a commanding lead and randons decide to feed. :|

You can shoot those friendly phaetons with plasma pistols. Could be used to knock them off the map if they're close to the edge.

Warzone Firefight is so fun though. I want old firefight too, but this is a serviceable replacement for now. I hope the other maps play as good.
Some should play better the aspire is very much a Firefight setting.

mo60

Someone broke 10k CSR this weekend, time for a ranking change. You should only get 2 MAX CSR as a champ beating people if your over like 400+ CSR above them, the losing team should get -2 CSR MAX

Is it the same dude that was mentioned in this thread before because I remember he was at 8k for CSR when he was first brought up in this thread

BraXzy

Daaaaaaaaaamn, the SWAT guy? What did they change to make the CSR cap go so high?

Top Bottom