• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
As far as the garage, I think I had a fail rate a 50% on the first few days, but today it was 100%. Didn't even come close to losing. It seems people have come to terms with the. Need to push into the garage.

Would you believe me if I told you the success rate for that objective actually dropped as the beta went on?

klaus

I'm really liking Warzone Firefight. I think once it releases for all maps, it will be a blast if they can iron out some of the kinks, change up some AI behavior.
I had so much fun with just that one map - it will be awesome to play FF on all the other maps for sure!
Plus of course I want limited respawns & revives for good measure.

Madness

Would you believe me if I told you the success rate for that objective actually dropped as the beta went on?

Yes. Because I went from beating it everytime to losing twice because of that round. Only other losses came from Warden at back of map where it is difficult to get clear vehicle shots and a shit ton of Watchers. If you're not careful it is an instsnt reheal of a Mythic Warden and just no time to take his health down again.

Esque7

I had this over the weekend, my first matchmaking ban. I have quit exactly 2 games in 3 weeks. When I loaded up Waypoint I could see 2 extra matches, that worked normally in game, listed me as DNF on Waypoint. It's not a perfect system but I was only put out for a short temp ban.

Perhaps it was the same for your ban.

I got my first ban a couple days ago. Got on to play WZFF but decided to play some Grifball to get my Arena daily. The matches were laggy as fuck and I wasn't doing so hot. Anyway, I was playing a match and had accidentally killed someone twice at the most, but I was positive that it was only once. They were typical Grifball betrayals though: bringing a hammer down on someone you are chasing right as a teammate Spartan charges into view from out of nowhere, or a hammer attack on the goal trying to clear out a massive clusterfuck. Anyway, another innocuous betrayal happens and I am immediately booted. I rarely get the option to kick someone in Grifball and never do because it is rarely intentional and being down a man sucks. I immediately said "Welp, I hope those guys get fucking destroyed." Joined another one and the match went really well, we win, and rather than seeing a results screen, I get a message saying I am banned for two minutes due to griefing.
I just switched to WZFF but I was still incredibly annoyed that it happened.
Yea I imagine I had the same issue. I only quit because I was in a slayer match and there was only one person left on the other team, wasn't going to wait around for a laggy match to finish against 1 player.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fact: People aren't even trying with the garage anymore.

Proof: I have mastered the art of jumping on the roof and using a borrowed plasma pistol to hijack a Phaeton and blow the everliving shit out of nearly everything in the garage. All my team has to do is run in and clean up like 4 enemies that manage to hide from me. We don't lose the garage, but they still can't even manage to clean them up fast enough to get more waves to spawn and get to 100 kills in time. Absolutely pathetic.

TCKaos

I believe it. People are getting pretty ballsy in their plays, and that comes out poorly. I've found that the ideal strat is to have three-ish guys on the top floor and then have the other five dying over and over again on the ground floor and outside taking out mobs so that the number that go upstairs is a trickle and not a flood.

I'm really enjoying Firefight. It's not the hardcore survival experience that ODST was, but a proper evolution of the arcadey Firefight from Reach. It's an interesting and well designed take on it. I'm just eager to see more objectives and enemy types. Non-standard bosses and stuff.

"Take out the Phantom!"
"Enemy Locust inbound. Take it out!"
"Drop pods inbound! Prepare for Elite Ultras!"
"A Covenant Spec-Ops team is patrolling the Fortress. Take them out and prevent the Fortress from being captured!"

Y'know. Shit like that. Throw Elites with Jackal Shields at me. Fuel Rod Jackals. Blood of Suban Elites. I really wish that the Storm Elites had proper analogues to the ranks we got in Reach. Minors, Officers, Generals, EVAs and Spec-Ops are there. What about UItras, Zealots, Field Marshals and other stuff? New Ranks? Throw a Kaidon Mythic Boss at us. A beefy as fuck Elite in ornate armor with the Prophet's Bane in one hand and the Blissful Slumber in the other. Just throw in a demon from Doom or some shit. Something that isn't "This NPC you've fought a thousand times with higher shields, a faster rate of fire that does increased damage."

The key to Firefight is the Warthog.

The key to everything is the Warthog.

Hog Wild is releasing soon.

Bring back the Wheelman Armor Mod.

Bring back Halo 1 physics for vehicles, or just the Hog, as a Custom Game setting.

Bring back indestructible vehicles as a Custom Game setting.

Allow us
me
to recreate Hog Wars, the true Hog Wars.

Include a server browser so people can search for Hog Wars.

343 what are you doing..

#SaveHalo​
In the last round of firefight, when the bosses are in the core base, I'll spawn a gauss hog at the entrance to where I can shoot through the small gap in the wall of the back of the base. Works perfectly, but I inevitably get some goofball who thinks he needs to hop into the driver seat and drive into the base. Which usually ends up in death.
I agree with the last round and eternal wardens. No way is that possible, no matter how good you are, with just basic weapons within that time limit. No way. So you have to use reqs. And I have no scorpion or wraith despite opening some packs. And I don't want to have to use them as I am having fun with the pistol and battle rifle.

Disagree about ''defend station'' round. My fav round by far. I love when there's chaos on the battlefield in one spot makes it so much fun even if I lose now and then. That's what I loved about Reach FF. Chaos = fun.

About the dying part. Dunno never felt that way. I always assume it's my own fault.
I always think ''let's wait another millisecond I can get away with it'' and often I can't lol but that's the fun. I'm really hoping that they make it really hard. It should feel rewarding when you win. Now I win every 8/10 match I play. I'd rather win 1/10 but have much more fun and craziness.

And lastly...why are certain gamers so disrespectful these days ? I mean whenever I go to the req station to ready up they annoy you by punching you away so you have to go back and do it again and they keep repeating this. Or how they'll deliberately run you over with their vehicles. The point of Firefight is to play TOGETHER. Seeing gamers like that really annoys me.
Oh I like mass chaos too. I like the garage part, but was just noting how often I seem to get through it when it comes up.

To an extent dying is always going to be the player's fault, but the choice is either to hide permanently and never kill anything or step out into the open far enough to put shots into something. And the soldiers are the worst. They could at least have a limited number of teleports or some kind of a cooldown on the the teleporting, but they just do whatever the flip they want and as often as they want. Love chasing one down for 15 to 30 seconds to finally get a kill or finally die since anything of that time length surely means your shields are completely gone.
Hmm, I never use Reqs and finish top three just about every time. Just like every other Warzone mode, you don't have to use Reqs to be effective. Enemies drop all sorts of power weapons.

I guess if a team of 8 all decided to use no Reqs at all, beating the 3 wardens might be tougher than the cake walk it is now. But I doubt it would be impossible.

As far as the garage, I think I had a fail rate a 50% on the first few days, but today it was 100%. Didn't even come close to losing. It seems people have come to terms with the. Need to push into the garage.

The AI is super accurate in the later rounds. I've been killed by crawlers and soldiers who can shoot me without even facing me!
I never pay attention to how many players are still in the game at the end, but I suspect a lot of the time the difficulty of finishing the bosses also has to do with quitters.

Karl2177

For fucks sake, I seem to be getting shit on by MM tonight. Rig, Torque, Altar, and Antifreeze. The only map I had that wasn't shit was Plaza, and even then it's only decent.

Dice

Kill all Wardens with tank, get one Warden credit. Make sure to use AFD and FRC next round to get last hits, get no Warden credits. If this is a bug, they really need to fix it before the real release of FF.

Edit: Looks like last hit with damage boosted IC also doesn't get you a warden credit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hi, TJ Ram kicked me out of the HaloGAF Spartan Company. Please revolt against him.

Thanks,

Tashi

Lost those game in a row, dropped to Diamond 3 then proceeded to win and I got back to where I was at the start of the night, diamond 5 with a 1 win cushion.

When you're looking at your warzone stats and you realize that your headshots are leet.
vpkwPdD.png

Dice

Literally stayed up all night just trying to get a single fucking warden kill to finish my commendations. I have probably killed dozens, many times with an incredibly fast machine gun or very large explosion. These last two were actually with a tank machine gun at full roll. Apparently somehow didn't get it, though. Maybe it only allows you one per day or something. Fucking bullshit.

In lighter news, a stylin splatter finish: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/dicetrain/video/16755017

I also stood on the garage and plasma pistol shot a banshee raider which fell into the hole in the roof, then it couldn't figure out how to get out; kept going back and forth like a bird trapped in a house. Maybe I'll make a video of that when I'm not tired and pissed off.

Trup1aya

Would Breakout be better recieved if it incorporated Gears of War 4's "Dodgeball" revive system.

I know it wouldn't work on these particular breakout maps, but would the concept work?

lol solo arena sucks, playing on US dedis sucks, this game sucks.

For straight losses against diamonds, and one last game on Plaza with no teammates even trying to rush for the sniper or OS, quit at 2-7 and straight to FF.

Daily: Rant about Halo 5: 1/1

Ramirez

For straight losses against diamonds, and one last game on Plaza with no teammates even trying to rush for the sniper or OS, quit at 2-7 and straight to FF.

Complain about teammates, quit on them 9 kills into a match. Solid.

People do tend to quit really easily. One thing I noticed if you can jump to a quick 7-0 or 8-2 lead, someone will probably quit. One time we were down 12-24 and we came back to win. That's why I love Halo, it's easy to switch the tempo of the match. There have been games we been up 16-8 and we ended up losing or it's a really close game at the end.

IHaveIce

Banned

Last week I've won a match where we were down 23-3, we won 50-49 .. why would you quit so fast.

One of Halo's greatest pillars is the Reversal. The reversal of a game and the reversal from outplaying your opponent in a 1v1. it's even better when the odds are against you(2v1 or losing by a good margin) and you pull that reversal and shove it up their dingleberry darknesss!!!!!

Because I just want to get out of this miserable Arena for the night and go straight for FF, I got truck ton of silvers to finish. I played big comebacks before, I stayed with 10-50 games before. I stopped giving a shit to that one ~0.5s lag game because I have not been in any fun game in Arena for about a month. I would be extremely lucky if I can get into a game without been disconnected for once every night. I don't have time for those. You have no idea how miserable it is like to be a Halo fan in Asia, in China.

Trup1aya

Region lock needs putting back in ASAP.

Lol everytime they change positions, there's scorn and cheers from the opposing camps.

What we need is some opt-in/out settings. Hopefully this is what they meant when they hinted at upcoming matchmaking options.

Lol everytime they change positions, there's scorn and cheers from the opposing camps.

What we need is some opt-in/out settings. Hopefully this is what they meant when they hinted at upcoming matchmaking options.

Same here. Might have an options for
1 - Quick matching, but may pair you with servers in other regions.
2 - Region-lock, will pair you with closest server. Waiting time may vary and become longer than usual.

pysch i have no idea how alogrythms work yo.

Top Bottom