• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Strider

Saw this clip on reddit this morning. All it did was make me think how it wasn't actually a sick overkill and instead made me roll me eyes at the stupid sniper magnetism in this game...

Here's a link to the clip: Link

That first shot you can clearly see didn't hit and went straight past the enemy lol The second sniper kill the reticle wasn't on the enemy when fired either he just kept swiping across screen so it gave the kill.

But yea in this game you can be pegging shots into people repeatedly and they will still snapshot you with no issues.... Happens waaaaay too often. Annoying tbh.

Ramirez

Here's hoping I don't get banned for self-promotion on this, but I just put up a video under the ReclaimerHub banner regarding the #HaloX stuff that's been going on. It's definitely applicable beyond the HaloX "movement", though, and it's mainly a PSA to avoid people trying to somehow weaponize the premise of "be a good person in the halo community".

You act as if the Halo community is the only one that's hostile. That's just the internet in general.

Saw this clip on reddit this morning. All it did was make me think how it wasn't actually a sick overkill and instead made me roll me eyes at the stupid sniper magnetism in this game...

Here's a link to the clip: Link

That first shot you can clearly see didn't hit and went straight past the enemy lol The second sniper kill the reticle wasn't on the enemy when fired either he just kept swiping across screen so it gave the kill.

But yea in this game you can be pegging shots into people repeatedly and they will still snapshot you with no issues.... Happens waaaaay too often. Annoying tbh.

lmao that first shot was completely off.

BraXzy

Here's hoping I don't get banned for self-promotion on this, but I just put up a video under the ReclaimerHub banner regarding the #HaloX stuff that's been going on. It's definitely applicable beyond the HaloX "movement", though, and it's mainly a PSA to avoid people trying to somehow weaponize the premise of "be a good person in the halo community".

Is the "movement" even that significant? All I'm seeing is a guy saying "Halo games ain't as good, whare's tha community? Spam #HaloX everywhere" and then a few videos with that same title.

The guy doesn't even go in depth with his views/opinions in the video. Fair play to you for making a comprehensive video detailing why you disagree.

Trup1aya

Same here. Might have an options for
1 - Quick matching, but may pair you with servers in other regions.
2 - Region-lock, will pair you with closest server. Waiting time may vary and become longer than usual.

pysch i have no idea how alogrythms work yo.

They also need an option to never play with people who are out of region. I don't want this cheeky Europeans invading my matchmaking servers. I'm 'Merican and I won't stand for it.

They should add bonus req point for finishing successive games without quitting. Gears does this and we need to detour bad kids like SmartWaffles from quitting.

1v1s are too easy, I only accept 1v2 or higher.

BraXzy

If it was swat, that would be onyx gameplay. so that means all your swat clips are below me too. :p

thats what she said

Jesus christ lmao. For realz tho when are you having the 1v1 against me? Streamed for the whole world to see?
(dany and maybe like Fata1 will actually watch total).

Jesus christ lmao. For realz tho when are you having the 1v1 against me? Streamed for the whole world to see?
(dany and maybe like Fata1 will actually watch total).

Rember, there is a line and Sir Dany is still preparing his weak knees for his 1v1 loss he will mark on his kitten calander.

:p

Rember, there is a line and Sir Dany is still preparing his weak knees for his 1v1 loss he will mark on his kitten calander.

:p

When this line starts going it's going to be the day when G0SU really contemplates the idea of quitting halo. But really he's not quitting at all because this halo isn't halo just feels like halo.

But somewhere it that line I'm in there so anyone before me don't req him too hard.

I dont want to beat old men ;)

thats what he didnt say

When this line starts going it's going to be the day when G0SU really contemplates the idea of quitting halo. But really he's not quitting at all because this halo isn't halo just feels like halo.

But somewhere it that line I'm in there so anyone before me don't req him too hard.

if i were forerunner id take all the guys at once!
emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28.png

Defect

The one thing I hate about being high onyx/champion is if you play like shit one match, you might get a message from someone telling you to kill yourself or quit Halo.

Halo 5 is actually the one game I never got hate mail from. I have almost 1200 games in arena and never got anything. Guess I'm not good or bad enough for it.

Ryde3

The one thing I hate about being high onyx/champion is if you play like shit one match, you might get a message from someone telling you to kill yourself or quit Halo.

haha yea - I always see people here posting box scores, complaining about their 'shitty platinum/diamond/onyx/champion tier' teammate that should've played better, like they've never had an off game. smh.

Fun fact: just like Speed Boosts, you can use up to 3 damage boosts at once and still have their properties stack. If you have 3 damage boosts and a Twin Jewels of Maethrillian, you can one-shot Scorpions with it.

haha yea - I always see people here posting box scores, complaining about their 'shitty platinum/diamond/onyx/champion tier' teammate that should've played better, like they've never had an off game. smh.

There's a difference between having an off game and going 2-18. If you're ending with a horrendous score you obviously don't belong there. Without the ability to derank, they either continue to suck and bring their team down because they don't learn from their mistakes or they actually learn and get better overtime. Hopefully it's the latter.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got my Gears 4 code. Just in time as FF ends! Maybe I should just leave the last Warden to happen whenever it happens in regular WZ.

Also got a code for a car in Fallout 4 (which I don't have) because I have Forza 6... ookkkaaayyy. I wonder if that one was an oldie that wasn't sent before because my messages were closed off.

BraXzy

Damn, I guess some people are taking the game crazy serious at Champ level but death threat type messages are just wrong. Joke or not.

Halo 5 is actually the one game I never got hate mail from. I have almost 1200 games in arena and never got anything. Guess I'm not good or bad enough for it.

You know, now that you mention it, I don't think I have had anything either. Maybe one I'm not sure.

There's a difference between having an off game and going 2-18. If you're ending with a horrendous score you obviously don't belong there. Without the ability to derank, they either continue to suck and bring their team down because they don't learn from their mistakes or they actually learn and get better overtime. Hopefully it's the latter.

Like how i shouldn't be in Diamond but yet i climb the ladder and get there somehow. :(

LEAVE ME IN THE SILVERS BRUH, SO I CAN DONG LIKE CISCO'S THONG SONG!

Like how i shouldn't be in Diamond but yet i climb the ladder and get there somehow. :(

LEAVE ME IN THE SILVERS BRUH, SO I CAN DONG LIKE CISCO'S THONG SONG!

If you climb the ladder then you should be there. There is nothing wrong with playing badly or doing bad, it's how you learn and get better. However, if you're not learning and are constantly doing bad then yes you don't belong in that skill group.

If you climb the ladder then you should be there. There is nothing wrong with playing badly or doing bad, it's how you learn and get better. However, if you're not learning and are constantly doing bad then yes you don't belong in that skill group.

sometimes i feel like i do very poorly and there is something wrong with my skills. Until i see that the people im going against are 4-5 teirs higher than me including onyx and champions.

Could be both though; bad game vs better people equals REALLY bad stats. T_T...

Might try arena and see what i can place there. lol haven't touched that mode the past couple seasons. lol

Ramirez

Not really, I've dropped plenty of stinkers like that in this game. Playing by yourself and no mic is rough if you run into a good team.

Top Bottom