• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

Diamond 6 in Breakout, gotta get this to Onyx that's way too close. Keep matching Champs though and getting donged. Not many people queueing I guess xD

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Additional recommendation for FF: No magically appearing Covenant. They don't have that technology and it's cheap/lame for 4 elite to just appear behind you or one to appear in some safe place you intentionally ducked to in order to stay alive and recharge shields. A mode for "being tactical" should never irrationally suvbert real tactics used. I'm okay with the warning warp in animation the Prometheans have.

Additional recommendation for FF: No magically appearing Covenant. They don't have that technology and it's cheap/lame for 4 elite to just appear behind you or one to appear in some safe place you intentionally ducked to in order to stay alive and recharge shields. A mode for "being tactical" should never irrationally suvbert real tactics used. I'm okay with the warning warp in animation the Prometheans have.

simulation bro

Additionally, enemies feel a bit too lethal and accurate. It's one thing to have dangerous enemies, but even on Legendary I wasn't being killed this often.

Also, Soldiers shouldn't be able to bamf this often. It's really frustrating. One bamf per Soldier, please.

I'm way happier getting a barebones launch with a strong core base game with fluff filled out over time than a launch base game that's 98% preservatives which only yields "balanced" gametypes in the future that have to be barebones as fuck. Looking at you, Reach MLG.

I agree, more focused content and playlists over time has been far more enjoyable with a solid sandbox up front. It's helped with search times too.

Had a nice 9 kill streak to come back in this FFA. Ending with 3 of us tied at 24 and I couldn't find anyone to kill lol. The thirst for a kill was real.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/16776454
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/16776947

Inb4 the game places me in low Diamond again for no fucking reason:

jDZsy4y.jpg

Bah! I got up today after getting some sleep after my night shift. Thought I'd play a few more firefight games before work only to see the beta ended. That's a bloody awful time to kill the beta. Why not just wait until 10pm or 2am PDT like they normally do with content releases. Instead, I played a match of regular warzone and got to try out the new map for the first time. Which was nice, but I had no idea where I was going and couldn't find any watchers or covenant to kill. /Sad face

Played a game we went down 2-9, someone quits. Next guy quits a few seconds later. Third guy hanged in there for a few then quit. I went 10-30 because idc.

Oh I almost forgot. After the firefight match today i opened the daily win pack. I got a random whispered truth in it. Now I'm too afraid to use it. Gonna wait until I feel like my aim is really on and I'm on a map like Apex or Stormbreak in regular warzone. gotta hit level 5 for upgraded sensors and bust out active camo.

BraXzy

O_O

Whatchu get homie?

You failed to wait for Pascal tsk tsk

Couldn't wait! I waited for them to get announced at that event recently and they didn't so I said screw it, get a stop gap upgrade that'll do fine till pascal is out and drops a bit in price.

Picked up a 970 for £219.99

Couldn't wait! I waited for them to get announced at that event recently and they didn't so I said screw it, get a stop gap upgrade that'll do fine till pascal is out and drops a bit in price.

oh how much fun it would be to upgrade my computer. alas, i can no afford it right now. I'm still rolling with a gtx 570 from 2011.

The next game I did get a triple, but these guys were completely oblivious most of the time. I’m sure I could have got the over if the other guy was in the room. After the game I see their ranks and they are Plat 1s and Diamond 1s.

One of us! One of us!

I love my 970. Switched from a 660 and have been able to fulfill my 1080p60HIGH settings dream without issue. I'll be upgrading to 16GB-DDR4/i5-KabyLake/Pascal-rev.2 next year on my PC's 5th birthday.

meh, this game is frustrating
Why did you edit? It's a complaint many people still share and have in the back of their minds.

Halo 5's aiming is clunky compared to the smoothness of most Halo games before it, and including the DOOM beta. Anyone who disagrees should go back and play some games of Halo 4; you can immediately tell the difference.

Strider

Yea I feel ya Zeez... When I play halo 5 and only Halo 5 the aiming feels fine. Whenever I go play another game then come back though the aiming feels absolutely terrible until I adjust again. Aiming settings have helped sure but it still doesn't feel right.

The aiming definitely feels off at times. This is the only game where I struggle to aim at times and it's not because the lack of aim assist.

BraXzy

oh how much fun it would be to upgrade my computer. alas, i can no afford it right now. I'm still rolling with a gtx 570 from 2011.

One of us! One of us!

I love my 970. Switched from a 660 and have been able to fulfill my 1080p60HIGH settings dream without issue. I'll be upgrading to 16GB-DDR4/i5-KabyLake/Pascal-rev.2 next year on my PC's 5th birthday.

Yeah it was time. I'm upgrading from a GTX 670. I was sick of having to do a bunch of tweaks and still only hit like 40FPS with dips on high. Couldn't wait for pascal anymore and I doubted I could immediately afford it.

Will feel good to get juicy frames again. Halo knows where it's at.

Trup1aya

Yea I feel ya Zeez... When I play halo 5 and only Halo 5 the aiming feels fine. Whenever I go play another game then come back though the aiming feels absolutely terrible until I adjust again. Aiming settings have helped sure but it still doesn't feel just right.

The problem is you shouldn't be playing other games

Yeah it was time. I'm upgrading from a GTX 670. I was sick of having to do a bunch of tweaks and still only hit like 40FPS with dips on high. Couldn't wait for pascal anymore and I doubted I could immediately afford it.

Will feel good to get juicy frames again. Halo knows where it's at.
If I ever got back into computer gaming I'd probably just go back to world of warcraft, which doesn't exactly need a super powerful card. Im good for now, but would love to upgrade to a 970. I'll go into Hazaro's PC thread and just stare at all the recommended builds. It's like crack cocaine in there.

I'm way happier getting a barebones launch with a strong core base game with fluff filled out over time than a launch base game that's 98% preservatives which only yields "balanced" gametypes in the future that have to be barebones as fuck. Looking at you, Reach MLG.

Ideally I'd have both but yeah, strong core > lots of content (at launch) when the developer is as committed to post-launch support as 343 has been for H5. The first two months were rough content-wise IMO but since then things have been getting much better and it's still fun to play since the core actually is solid for once.

Trup1aya

Too many good games coming out breh

Stellaris
Total War: WarHammer
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
No Man's Sky

Halo 5 has to go on the back burner.

Never!

JK no I get it. I had to put Halo on hold to complete quantum break. Then is on to the Gears Beta. Gotta get Dark Souls 3 too. My friends have been begging me to get The Division, but I guess I missed that boat
or did I
I'm still not convinced by NMS or Mirrors Edge, but I'm certainly interested.

BraXzy

The problem is you shouldn't be playing other games

Hehe a true Halo player, this is how it should be.
I've played 32+ games so far this year.

If I ever got back into computer gaming I'd probably just go back to world of warcraft, which doesn't exactly need a super powerful card. Im good for now, but would love to upgrade to a 970. I'll go into Hazaro's PC thread and just stare at all the recommended builds. It's like crack cocaine in there.

Hehe PC parts can be hella sexy. I want to do a major rig upgrade at some point, maybe when I get pascal. Mines getting close to being 4 years old. It was a beast when I got it so the parts still hold up like.

As for games, silky smooth 60FPS Dark Souls III is gonna be the first game I start. And I've still got TW3 to finish.

Trup1aya

Trying to decide between finishing entering my employees payroll, or grinding these last three silver packs...

I know what my employees would say...
go get those packs boss!

Never!

JK no I get it. I had to put Halo on hold to complete quantum break. Then is on to the Gears Beta. Gotta get Dark Souls 3 too. My friends have been begging me to get The Division, but I guess I missed that boat
or did I
I'm still not convinced by NMS or Mirrors Edge, but I'm certainly interested.

The Division is ok. I mainly just do the dailies and that's it. The pvp kind of sucks. However, they have me playing for the dailies, so it can't be all that bad.

BraXzy

Jeez I forgot how sweaty Halo can get, just had so many intense matches. Love me some Breakout. I got to 1600 something and calling it a day.

Nowise10

Jeez I forgot how sweaty Halo can get, just had so many intense matches. Love me some Breakout. I got to 1600 something and calling it a day.

I need to do my placement matches and get Onyx is Breakout still. If you don't have a team we should play it together this weekend

BraXzy

I need to do my placement matches and get Onyx is Breakout still. If you don't have a team we should play it together this weekend

If you catch me on throw me an invite, I'll be down. I was solo queueing till I partied up with someone who I played with, then they got two peeps in and we 4 stacked it. 4 stacks are always great, but half of them were Champs so I was struggling against the folks we matched with xD

This game is going to make me unlock all the ultra-rare skins before giving me the boomco stuff. Almost as if on purpose, I unlocked all the ruptive skins in order. Only have 2 prestige skins to go and all that is left of the ultra rare stuff is the boomco skins, excluding the spartan armory req skins which will be released later in May.

This is the sword clip that took forever to upload last night, nothing special but it felt good to pull off. Shame it wasn't a bulltrue though :(

http://i.imgur.com/SNxhKq0.webm
a no scope like that has gotta feel nice, especially when it came at the expense of someone sprinting around with the sword :)

m23

How does it work exactly? Sounds interesting.

Pretty much like Warzone (the Gears gametype, not Halo warzone), where it's round based with no respawns. Difference is you can get back into the game if your teammate gets a kill and stays alive for 5 seconds after that. So you can be the only one left, but if you get kills you can bring your whole team back.

How does it work exactly? Sounds interesting.

Pretty much like Warzone (the Gears gametype, not Halo warzone), where it's round based with no respawns. Difference is you can get back into the game if your teammate gets a kill and stays alive for 5 seconds after that. So you can be the only one left, but if you get kills you can bring your whole team back.
Yup, it's exciting. It allows for some epic comebacks because if it's 5v1, get a kill and it becomes 4v2. Get another and it becomes 3v3, etc. and so forth.

Some great tug of war matches going on.

Top Bottom