• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Madness

We finished the Promethean enemy commendation, are about to finish thr Covenant one. Though I think because the Warden commendations are glitched and not counting our boss commendations have slowed to a crawl. Otherwise all of us should be getting 3+ easily a match if you help kill the bosses.

BraXzy

Pretty much like Warzone (the Gears gametype, not Halo warzone), where it's round based with no respawns. Difference is you can get back into the game if your teammate gets a kill and stays alive for 5 seconds after that. So you can be the only one left, but if you get kills you can bring your whole team back.

Yup, it's exciting. It allows for some epic comebacks because if it's 5v1, get a kill and it becomes 4v2. Get another and it becomes 3v3, etc. and so forth.

Some great tug of war matches going on.

That does sound really cool, if I get into the beta I'll have to give that a go!

We finished the Promethean enemy commendation, are about to finish thr Covenant one. Though I think because the Warden commendations are glitched and not counting our boss commendations have slowed to a crawl. Otherwise all of us should be getting 3+ easily a match if you help kill the bosses.
Stinks that the beta has ended. I was making really good progress on enemy commendations. Now I'll have to wait until June?

Cant wait for Firefight to come. Playing Arena when you are tied and not very good doesn't go well.
It's gotten to the point where even though I have a bunch of rare to ultra rare rp arena boosts, I don't want to play arena because it's too frustrating of an experience. Someday somehow, maybe 343 will implement a solo playlist.

Yup, it's exciting. It allows for some epic comebacks because if it's 5v1, get a kill and it becomes 4v2. Get another and it becomes 3v3, etc. and so forth.

Some great tug of war matches going on.

This would be a nice variant in Breakout.

Also last night my tank got boarded, melee'd and then saved from certain death by the round bell LOL:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/5b65de5f-3f94-412d-ae77-307ac2b0a7b4

By the way a massive thank you to the 343 team, the content and connection quality recently in the live game and FF beta has been a true delight. FF also brought friends back to play in full parties, hugely. What bribes would help shift FF to an earlier access pass? :)
no seriously, killer wait

Trup1aya

Fuuuuck... So I thought I would be done with silvers after three packs... 6 packs later, I'm still not done! Why? Fucking emblems of course. Who thought it would be enjoyable to stick emblems in the req system? I'd be happier if they replaced them all with certs for gungoose variants.

I've got 57 rare emblems. I knew for sure at least 29 of them came from Reqs... Smh

Fuuuuck... So I thought I would be done with silvers after three packs... 6 packs later, I'm still not done! Why? Fucking emblems of course. Who thought it would be enjoyable to stick emblems in the req system? I'd be happier if they replaced them all with certs for gungoose variants.

I've got 57 rare emblems. I knew for sure at least 29 of them came from Reqs... Smh

You sure? Most of the emblems that are rare or higher tend to be commendation ones.

BraXzy

Emblems in the REQ system are less about being fun and more about being another thing to collect and pad the loot pool. There's a lot of emblems tied to commendations though so don't worry if you see a massive amount still to unlock they aren't all from Req packs.

I'm watching Optic scrim against RNG. Optic is showing some promise. Still have a lot of chemistry to develop though.

EDIT: adding to that, their slayer team work is solid, but they have some work to do in objective gametypes.

Yeah I had the same reaction the other day when I thought I was done with silvers. Should only be 6 to 8 emblems tops though to finish. Agree that I don't like emblems being in the req system.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No worse feeling than pulling out a good REQ only to show up 2 seconds late to the Warden kill when it's the last one you need. It's all I care about right now because I only need just one even though I've actually gotten dozens more and it's just one guaranteed opportunity every 20 minute match now so it is really discouraging to even bother. There is too much annoying shit that comes in the way with crouching camping fuckers who pop out to assassinate you .2 seconds before your team kills them for no productive reason for their team, just to to rob you of your chance. Maybe I'll just play Saint's Row 4 or something because I've been grinding at this too hard and it has become too one-track so it pisses me off. The easy going high-variety come-and-go experience of BTB continues to prove itself the only truly unshakable quality part of this game, even though it has no REQs or bosses, or maybe BECAUSE it doesn't. Time-tested goodness, even if sometimes you get a team that is just clueless af about how strongholds or CTF works.

I'm watching Optic scrim against RNG. Optic is showing some promise. Still have a lot of chemistry to develop though.

EDIT: adding to that, their slayer team work is solid, but they have some work to do in objective gametypes.

Yeah I had the same reaction the other day when I thought I was done with silvers. Should only be 6 to 8 emblems tops though to finish. Agree that I don't like emblems being in the req system.

Can't you just ignore the left emblems and move on to gold immediately? For the same 10k req points most of the time at the worst you get two rare/legendary unlocks and one emblem, compared to maximum of 4 emblems. No way a gold pack would give you three emblems unless you are so, so unlucky.

Can't you just ignore the left emblems and move on to gold immediately? For the same 10k req points most of the time at the worst you get two rare/legendary unlocks and one emblem, compared to maximum of 4 emblems. No way a gold pack would give you three emblems unless you are so, so unlucky.
You could, but it's not too rough to just finish the rare emblems. It would just be nice if 343 could make a way to easily distinguish between the emblems you can unlock through req packs versus the rest which are unlocked through commendations/achievements. That way you aren't left thinking you're done when you're not.

Trup1aya

You sure? Most of the emblems that are rare or higher tend to be commendation ones.

Yeah I'm sure. The last few packs I opened only contained emblems. So fewer than 29 of the 57 rare emblems I have must be from the req system.

Emblems in the REQ system are less about being fun and more about being another thing to collect and pad the loot pool. There's a lot of emblems tied to commendations though so don't worry if you see a massive amount still to unlock they aren't all from Req packs.

Yeah, I'm aware they are all about padding, which is fine in and of itself. I just think the system would be more gripping if it was padded with things someone might be excited to see, or atleast have the ability to sell. It shouldn't be deflating. The idea that im going to be opening gold packs and getting visors and emblems is sickening really.

It's actually making me not want to spend $ on gold, which was my original plan.

Are you saying gold packs give you 3 unlocks? Waypoint says its 2.

Lren

Having Firefight withdrawals, despite what was there, it was absolutely enjoyable to play. Something I noticed too, it really helped me get a lot of the systems down pat, as in I went to regular Warzone and actually did decently well compared to before. Got Halo on the mind pretty bad now as well.

Might get one of those 3d prints of my Spartan if I don't find anything that really jumps out at me at PAX.

BraXzy

Was thinking of picking this up but damn that's pricier than I expected :(

Don't think it's available in the UK yet either.

wbFhHdR.jpg

Loomba

That's a great idea but lord it's expensive. Can't even imagine what the price would be in the UK.

Looks like it doesn't even come with long paddles either.

Trup1aya

Apparently it was set to launch at $30 in US, then GameStop bought Exclusive retail rights and jacked up the price.

Good 'ole capitalism at its finest

BraXzy

That's a great idea but lord it's expensive. Can't even imagine what the price would be in the UK.

Looks like it doesn't even come with long paddles either.

Apparently it was set to launch at $30 in US, then GameStop bought Exclusive retail rights and jacked up the price.

Good 'ole capitalism at its finest

Ah that sucks, I've looked but don't see it anywhere in the UK yet. GAME would probably end up doing the same though, ahh well.

I heard the impressions on those peices are REALLY not worth the price. Maybe if they were $15, they would sell like corndogs that come with a side of ketchup and mustard.

I was gonna calculate how many silvers I still needed. I cried when I saw how little Rares I'd actually unlocked.

Probably won't play until Firefight is out for real now, though.

Rolled into some Halo today after not playing in a little bit and man, I was rusty as hell.

Shaking off the cobwebs when you take a hiatus from this game is brutal.

TCKaos

Had a nice 9 kill streak to come back in this FFA. Ending with 3 of us tied at 24 and I couldn't find anyone to kill lol. The thirst for a kill was real.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/16776454
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/16776947

Inb4 the game places me in low Diamond again for no fucking reason:

jDZsy4y.jpg

I ended up getting a Running Riot and ended with a 17 kill streak for this. Granted, there aren't any Champions or anything, but I still did way better than I thought I was gonna.

K94xLmg.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'd guess it's less common, but that happened to me twice last night and 3 times Saturday I think. People need to learn to take the L and grow a spine. The only way you get better is by playing the game.

My brother and I were ranting about quitters and cheaters, etc. last night. Most gamers are shit heads in our opinion.

Ryde3

I really wanted it but for 50$ American, it's way too much. I also want the Power A Elite charging stand, but neither of them are sold in Canada.

Gamestop will ship to Canada but that additional cost is just too much, a shame really.

Top Bottom