• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

I was gonna calculate how many silvers I still needed. I cried when I saw how little Rares I'd actually unlocked.

Probably won't play until Firefight is out for real now, though.

It's extremely deflating... If the intention is to incentivize people to play more or play more, It's counter productive, at least in my case.

I was so taken aback, that I had to stop and look at my playing tendencies: in my quest to reach gold, I've spent the last 6 months selling nearly every Req card I get. This meant almost exclusively using loadout weapons. My statistics show that this hasn't put me at a disadvantage.

So why even do it any more? I don't NEED the Reqs to succeed. and while I may WANT them, I'm not really interested the months of dissapointing pack openings it will take to get them.

I guess this is where the pressure to spend $ is supposed to come in. But why pay for the chance to be dissapointed, when I've already proven to my self that I can perform without these items.

They really need to tie customization items to commendations, and keep the RNG just for weapons, vehicles and powerups.

The irony of it is, if there was less filler, I'd probably be making it rain. But now I'm like "I'm good with my BR and pistol thanks.

It's extremely deflating... If the intention is to incentivize people to play more or play more, It's counter productive, at least in my case.

I was so taken aback, that I had to stop and look at my playing tendencies: in my quest to reach gold, I've spent the last 6 months selling nearly every Req card I get. This meant almost exclusively using loadout weapons. My statistics show that this hasn't put me at a disadvantage.

So why even do it any more? I don't NEED the Reqs to succeed. and while I may WANT them, I'm not really interested the months of dissapointing pack openings it will take to get them.

I guess this is where the pressure to spend $ is supposed to come in. But why pay for the chance to be dissapointed, when I've already proven to my self that I can perform without these items.

They really need to tie customization items to commendations, and keep the RNG just for weapons, vehicles and powerups.

The irony of it is, if there was less filler, I'd probably be making it rain. But now I'm like "I'm good with my BR and pistol thanks.
I only want armor, really. Still haven't unlocked the Noble Helmet.

Yeah I find myself in precisely the same boat, I've managed to get my average kills per game in warzone up to 32, and I often don't need anything other than my br and smg to do it. I'm still a sucker for unlocking customization options, but with countless of hours in the silver grind I also found myself with little in the way of genuinely interesting weapons or vehicles to call in that I mostly remained on foot.

I have actually managed to get every silver unlock, but it's ironic that now that it is nothing but golds ahead I feel no really motivation to farm for req packs anymore when the rewards are guaranteed to be pretty good.

Trup1aya

I only want armor, really. Still haven't unlocked the Noble Helmet.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a set objective that would unlock that armor for you? Or to be able to spend Req points on exactly what you want.

Yeah I find myself in precisely the same boat, I've managed to get my average kills per game in warzone up to 32, and I often don't need anything other than my br and smg to do it. I'm still a sucker for unlocking customization options, but with countless of hours in the silver grind I also found myself with little in the way of genuinely interesting weapons or vehicles to call in that I mostly remained on foot.

I have actually managed to get every silver unlock, but it's ironic that now that it is nothing but golds ahead I feel no really motivation to farm for req packs anymore when the rewards are guaranteed to be pretty good.

Yeah, that's how I feel. I'm almost always in the top 3 in Warzone, despite always being on foot, and using only Loadouts, or whatever I find on the ground.

Maybe the data shows otherwise, but I think making a system tedious in hopes of enticing people to play longer, or spend more $ is counter productive.

I bet they'd maximize their earning potential and player retention by 1) allowing customization items to be unlocked through commendations, achievements, and purchases w/ real or in-game currency. 2) ensuring that Req packs aren't deflating, by having them only include items for Warzone.

Karl2177

I know this isn't Halo 5 specifically, but is there any good way to get clips from your GameDVR to your computer. I've tried using the download all button on xboxdvr, but that thing is horribly idiotic and tries to open 168 filestreams at once. I then tried using JDownloader and it has issues because they don't rename their pages based on the serialized file name. I then tried xboxclips, but they don't give all the files on one page. Am I overlooking another site or method that does this?

I know this isn't Halo 5 specifically, but is there any good way to get clips from your GameDVR to your computer. I've tried using the download all button on xboxdvr, but that thing is horribly idiotic and tries to open 168 filestreams at once. I then tried using JDownloader and it has issues because they don't rename their pages based on the serialized file name. I then tried xboxclips, but they don't give all the files on one page. Am I overlooking another site or method that does this?

I use the Xbox W10 app, works reasonably well.

Karl2177

Xboxdvr should just download one file. Maybe its a bug.
You can upload the files to OneDrive and then download them on pc.
I can download all of the individual files one at a time, but that's a lot of time and effort that I don't want to put in. I want as little input on my end as possible.

I use the Xbox W10 app, works reasonably well.
That's fine for just viewing files, but I want them downloaded.

JDB

Banned
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Karl2177/video/16805127
Download button at the bottom.

I can download all of the individual files one at a time, but that's a lot of time and effort that I don't want to put in. I want as little input on my end as possible.

I misread what you are trying to do.
I don't what know another way of doing what you want.

EWytipp.jpg

Download option is right there.

EYEL1NER

I GOT A JOB OFFER! A good one! Today is a good day :D

RIP pro Halo career dream.
Congrats!
It's been about two months since I left my last job and I don't plan to start looking for another one for maybe three more months or so but I'm hoping I can get picked up for something quick once I am done bumming around.

There's no excuse having Pegasus in MM when there are good forged arena maps out there, that map is complete garbage and the spawns are broken.

Also, there's a new trend of camping in blue room on riptide for the entirety of that match which is really annoying on either side, they need to remove the storm rifle from the map to detour people from doing that.

Who is this guy?

We lost, no surprise there as that's all I've been doing lately. Yay...

I just realized almost all the Arena maps they added are kind of bad.

Overgrowth lol
Riptide isn't that bad, but people just camp that one room and you can't really do anything about it.
I'm really starting to dislike Torque.
Tyrant is actually pretty good and I don't mind it.

I just realized almost all the Arena maps they added are kind of bad.

Overgrowth lol
Riptide isn't that bad, but people just camp that one room and you can't really do anything about it.
I'm really starting to dislike Torque.
Tyrant is actually pretty good and I don't mind it.
Tyrant is fun, Tourque is fine but the lighting needs fixed. Riptide needs different weapons and maybe that will help. Overgrowth is bad because I can just Spartan charge for the entire game, also blue team has an advantage for camo and Rail gun.

giphy.gif

Today is the end of an era RIP Xbox 360 I have a ton of amazing memories with that console it had such an incredible amount of games, Halo 3, CoD 4, GTA IV, Gears of War, Xbox Live, XBLA etc I will always remember it as one of the greatest consoles of all time, I had a blast playing with all my Xbox Live friends

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

Today is the end of an era RIP Xbox 360 I have a ton of amazing memories with that console it had such an incredible amount of games, Halo 3, CoD 4, GTA IV, Gears of War, Xbox Live, XBLA etc I will always remember it as one of the greatest consoles of all time, I had a blast playing with all my Xbox Live friends

I've owned pretty much every console at some point and the 360 is the GOAT

braxzy gonna lose his number 1 spot as the top poster to some pleb.

most likely me >=D ....

Xbox 360 was great. So many amazing games i played through it.... ahhh.. yeah... :)

Trup1aya

I feel like the Halo community is a lot less toxic than say Reach was.

I didn't play much Halo Reach, but Halo2's community was THE shitty community to rule them all. The racism, the homophobia, the griefing, the cheating, the harrassment... It knew no bounds. But I was willing to fight through it all in the name of proximity voice. So good. RIP

Halo 3 was only less shitty, thanks to the party system. But that screwed the community in other ways.

I don't see why H5 needs a movement. Things seem tame compared to back then. I think I've only been called a n*****r once or twice... Which is good for online game these days... One guy actually apologized after realizing I was black... 🤔

Yup, the 360 is my favorite console. I still remember getting it and just playing nothing but Geo Wars for hours. I have so many good memories on that console. Reach is probably one of my favorite Halos, I put so many days into that game despite all the flaws it had.

Now we have Xbox One...

It's not bad, but coming from a 360 it had a lot to live up to.

singhr1

360 was amazing but I arguably had better memories with the Gamecube (Nintendo still is the best pick up and play system) or PC. Most friends were Playstation guys and the Xbox was just my Halo box. I slowly discovered the wide breadth of titles available and wish I did sooner but I wouldn't trade my memories of playing a lot of terribly good JRPGs and MMOs

RIP First Gen Xbox 360. I won't miss your jet engine or that one time you Red Ringed, but a lot of Halo, Gears, and Fifa was played on you and I love you for all your flaws.

BraXzy

GRATZ!!!

Dang i was just writing up the invitation to my new gaming operations that would house the new era G0SU's. Welp, time to shred it.

Sorry that I can't help you start a world dominating org, but it simply wouldn't have been fair for the rest ;)

#343BraXzy

Hehe, not yet but maybe one day!

Your free time to play Halo is dad.

Welcome to the real world.
Congrats!

Congrats BraxZy!
What will you do? :p

Congratulations!

Nice. I have had a hard time finding a full time job since getting laid off.

Congrats!
It's been about two months since I left my last job and I don't plan to start looking for another one for maybe three more months or so but I'm hoping I can get picked up for something quick once I am done bumming around.

Thanks folks <3

Exciting times! It certainly is a hard time getting there but it'll happen. This is me right now though, gonna have to get that gaming time in while I can!

Nw1JxlB.gif

Gwyn

So question to the pros of HaloGaf
Any of you that have elite controller and binded right stick (zoom in/ ADS) to one of the paddles?

Sometimes i feel like i miss shots when i ADS because it's not really "easy" to click right stick, doesn't feel "snappy"
My aim goes off when i go for sniper quick scope kills.

Or is it a matter of "git gud".
Do HCS pros zoom in / ADS with right stick?

Thanks!

BraXzy

So question to the pros of HaloGaf
Any of you that have elite controller and binded right stick (zoom in/ ADS) to one of the paddles?

Sometimes i feel like i miss shots when i ADS because it's not really "easy" to click right stick, doesn't feel "snappy" and sometimes my aim goes off when i go for sniper quick scope kills.

I'm a default scrub so I use the left trigger to scope. Jump and Thrust are on the ole' paddles.

Oh wait you asked for a pro opinion, is G0SU about?

Top Bottom