• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

heckfu

Banned
So I don't know 90% of the people here anymore but if I do and I actually like you let me know. Someone should have the HaloGaf twitter account that'll take the time to keep it fresh.

Meant to do it a while ago but it's whatever honestly.

So I don't know 90% of the people here anymore but if I do and I actually like you let me know. Someone should have the HaloGaf twitter account that'll take the time to keep it fresh.

Pick me! I know you love me!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I got my last Warden, I'm so happy ;_;

It was on Stormbreak and we actually had 3 scorpions shooting at him. I paid attention to the firing rhythms of the others and held off near the end to swipe the killing shot lol.

Trup1aya

That's literally the reverse complaint of about everyone here.

What the heck are ya going for with 16 golds if it ain't some kick ass armour? :O

Lol I really don't care what my Spartan looks like... If Im looking at his his armor, that means I'm dead, waiting to respawn.

I want a fucking banshee ultra, a damn Hannibal mantis and a norfang certs, not a money 8 emblem, a pig emblem, some ugly weapon skins, and a bunch of armors that are minor variations of shit I already have.

I just don't think cosmetics should be RNG. They should be tied to commendations and/or unlocked individually. Most people will settle on a just a few cosmetic items. So making them collect hundreds is boring.

What kind of freshness we talking here sweets? Mangos? Strawberries? Coconuts? Blueberries?

"Throw me a freak'n bone here."

DrEvil.JPG

If you know G0SU then I feel sorry for you.

EYEL1NER

I just got my best Daily commendation pack so far, from a WZ Assault match: It contained a Legendary Urban Gauss Hog (my first Gauss Hog of any kind) and a Prophet's Bane! Now I have two Prophet's Banes!!! I might actually use one of them at some point!

Great, that's twice tonight that I've been kicked from games because the server dropped me. Can't I be banned for this crap? The worst part was the first game was a WZA match that was going pretty well (I even had a blue RP boost on), and I got kicked just before we capped the second base.

What the hell is going on tonight? All I want to do is play Halo, but I keep getting kicked. My connection is fine, I rebooted my console, yada yada.

Sorry, I only have a list of who not to give it to, and I'm on it.

BraXzy

Lol I really don't care what my Spartan looks like... If Im looking at his his armor, that means I'm dead, waiting to respawn.

I want a fucking banshee ultra, a damn Hannibal mantis and a norfang certs, not a money 8 emblem, a pig emblem, some ugly weapon skins, and a bunch of armors that are minor variations of shit I already have.

I just don't think cosmetics should be RNG. They should be tied to commendations and/or unlocked individually. Most people will settle on a just a few cosmetic items. So making them collect hundreds is boring.

Nah you've gotta look fresh for the outra screen after destroying the opposing team ;)

I agree with your point about them being earned. And I'd prefer having a more refined pool of armour too. Let's face it all the variants with painted stripes/hex patterns shouldnt be separate. There should be Helmets, Armour, maybe Shoulders separate too. And then potential paint jobs or something.

So the WZA match registered as a DNF, but not the Grifball match (even though I was kicked midway through). This is really, really odd. Some of the folks in our company got booted from their games and our party (but not all of us), so something wonky is going on.

Daily rant/gameplay video post incoming. Bear with me :)

Once again, thank you so much to the foreigners who bitched about search times and got region lock taken away/loosened. Played an FFA where this type of shit happened:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/16819341 (seriously WTF is this shit?)
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MyExWlFE/video/16819354 (same shit? Watch the radar)

Thankfully, I got two clutch kills in a row to win the game in butt-clenching style

Shout outs to my two randoms that went clutch to help us win a 3v4 in high-Onyx slayer after our other Diamond player quit (tell me why the game placed me in diamond again?):

And finally, the obligatory slew of Overkills and Cluster Lucks. All in a day's work:

Easy ass overkill

Splatter spree with busted ass ghost

Supercombine+Stick+Cluster Luck = Overkill

Another Overkill Cluster Luck?

So, I totally didn't know this hole existed until tonight, but Assassinations+1 for the company!

Trup1aya

Nah you've gotta look fresh for the outra screen after destroying the opposing team ;)

I agree with your point about them being earned. And I'd prefer having a more refined pool of armour too. Let's face it all the variants with painted stripes/hex patterns shouldnt be separate. There should be Helmets, Armour, maybe Shoulders separate too. And then potential paint jobs or something.

Haha, I care so little about how my guy looks, that the outtro's usually over before I can figure out which one is mine.

I am rocking the Achilles armor right now, but so are half the people I come across these days.

Detective

Another rant coming up.
Am so sick and tired of these servers. The fact that almost all my friend have quit playing halo because of these fucking servers says a lot. Me and maybe couple of frienda who still plays.

Sometimes and works great, and most of the time is just piece of garbage. And garbage is a generous word for it.

High latency and lag. This is killing me.

How the he'll can someone survive from a scatter shot so close in the face that you can smell their rusty armor. Not only that, followed by a second shot. Nothing.

Grenades does not help anymore. One guy takes two spnkr in the armory, cornered into a wall. FUCKING NOTHING. I end up dead instead.

I have spent more than 30 days of playing time here. Ups and down and mostly down. I just can't believe this will ever gets fixed.

And just because it works fine for some of you it does not mean it works for everyone. So take that " it works fine for me else where please"

343 needs to be reminded that they have shitty servers.

The game does not work properly for some of us. And it's unfair that it works for others.

Only 3 or 4 players our of 100 in the SC plays the game now.

Most of my friend have quit.
When this shitt happens in our playtime. The little that most of us have because of work or school or whatever , Our gathering, people just get sick of it and move on to other games so they can enjoy that time .

And am asking my self. Why am I playing this game and taking the time to rant about it?

Simple, am I halo fan since day one. And have never ever been sick of a halo game before like I am now with Halo 5 because of the server issue. Or any other game for that matter.

It's sad actually. When it works, the game is amazing and nothing like it. A dream game. So when I play it, am hoping it will run smooth. Guess I have high hopes and dreams lately.

But these things ruin so much for many if us.

I got it out of my chest now. Better than breaking something I guess.

I don't believe 343 Will ever fixed it. 7 months and counting. Who knows, stranger thing have happens.

Glass

Bravo mentioned no REQ reveal for this Fridays blog so adjust your hype levels accordingly. I'd settle for some more Reach armour screnshots humina humina

Strider

LOL I've been having some serious lag lately too.

Link to example: Laaaag

Netcode/servers in this game have improved since the worst time frame of them all of Feb/early March but connections are still nowhere near to how perfect they were at launch. Just wish they'd change it back to how it was then :/

Then again XBL constantly fucks up too so it could easily just be Azure problems... Idk the tech stuff behind networking/matchmaking/servers.

Hey guys,

Anyone need a Code for the beta? I finally recieved my code but someone in the thread was generous enough to lend me one couple days ago. I want to pay it forward. So, if you need a GEARS 4 beta code, just be the first person to quote me. I'll send it to you in a PM.

EDIT: GONE

Gratz The Real Napsta

Top Bottom