• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

BraXzy

Here's a talk I did yesterday at a marketing conference. It's not about weapon balance.

https://youtu.be/bJtya1kWzj8?t=29118

Fantastic talk, some really interesting topics you brought up I hadn't even thought of regarding AI (Not really thought much into it) but it is definitely coming, and coming quicker than most of us are anticipating.

The teaching/persona discussion in particular was great, something that sounds incredibly generic Sci Fi which actually could and will happen to everyone's benefit. Definitely a topic I'm going to pay closer attention to than I have been doing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
YAWN

Now when you do a talk about what really goes into Irn Bru

Call me

6n8wACB.jpg

I really fucking hate playing against passive players. I understand there are times to being passive, while there are other times to be dynamic. However, I'm talking about that players that are just constantly passive. I have terrible aim and can't win any fight, so I'm going to crouch in this corner with an auto. What is worse is when you play a full team like that. Ugh, sorry I just hate that type of player in Halo. If I wanted to go play some passive ass game I'd go to CSGO.

Madness

Here's a talk I did yesterday at a marketing conference. It's not about weapon balance.

Good talk. I wonder if those in attendance knew the direction that Cortana went in with regards to Halo 5 especially with how you mentioned AI are somewhat seen as the creation of omnipotent and all powerful and all knowing. I would hate though for advertisers and marketers to use AI to market things and subversively suggest things.

How would you guys feel about a Zanzibar re-make? It's a map that works in both BTB and 4v4 (especially now with in the incorporation of sprint). Halo could also use more symmetric maps that would serve eventual one-sided game types. I don't anyone has gotten the wheel working on a forged variant, so that's why I call for a full developer re-make.

How would you guys feel about a Zanzibar re-make? It's a map that works in both BTB and 4v4 (especially now with in the incorporation of sprint). Halo could also use more symmetric maps that would serve eventual one-sided game types. I don't anyone has gotten the wheel working on a forged variant, so that's why I call for a full developer re-make.

If it returns one sided OBJ then hell yes.

About 10 years ago, I met a group of guys while playing Halo. For many, many years, we'd hop on Xbox every day after school and play Halo together. And we still do regularly.
They became some of my best friends; I know their siblings, parents, friends.

I'm sitting in an airport about to fly to Boston to meet them for the first time and go to PAX together.

I'm pretty excited, I can't wait to stop by the Halo stands. I'm hoping I can meet some more of the Halo community and say hi to some 343 folks!
Anyone here going to be at PAX this weekend?

Great talk! Are you going to be making the trip to PAX East?

Strider

Hate Zanzibar in H2... Zanzibar with SMG starts and no sprint suuuuuuucks. That came up way too much for me in MCC.

But it'd prolly be fun in Halo 5 so I'd be cool with it.

Trup1aya

Hate Zanzibar in H2... Zanzibar with SMG starts and no sprint suuuuuuucks. That came up way too much for me in MCC.

But it'd prolly be fun in Halo 5 so I'd be cool with it.

It was SOOO good for assault though... Proximity voice... The lost Spartan ability

About 10 years ago, I met a group of guys while playing Halo. For many, many years, we'd hop on Xbox every day after school and play Halo together. And we still do regularly.

I'm sitting in an airport about to fly to Boston to meet them for the first time and go to PAX together.

I'm pretty excited, I can't wait to stop by the Halo stands. I'm hoping I can meet some more of the Halo community and say hi to some 343 folks!
Anyone here going to be at PAX this weekend?

Great talk! Are you going to be making the trip to PAX East?

Good times. Two weekends ago I had my annual LAN party at my place, great friends for over a decade. If our group with a similar background to yours is anything to go by get ready for an eclectic bunch. Our ranges from 17-44 across 4 states. Annual paintball was a great addition for our gaming group, can recommend for Halo meet ups. They go hand in hand, as does a LAN/bar afterwards for war stories.

It was SOOO good for assault though... Proximity voice... The lost Spartan ability

Dust in my eyes. I love H5 campaign and multiplayer but your quoted part of Halo is the penultimate for me and has been missing in H4 and H5. Enters cryotube...wake me when proximity assault is live. The rub is H4/5 maps are perfectly suited for 4v4 or BTB or WZ one sided. I still can't find games in WZ assault in Aus, all other playlists are fine these days.

BraXzy

Good luck on the trip! Hope you have fun :D

Ramirez

Considering there's no one side objective, pass. That map is fucking terrible as a slayer map, which is what it shows up as 90% of the time.

BraXzy

Something here doesn't quite belong...

Haha what. You're right, you got given Diamond?! Kappa.

How the hell did a Gold get put on your team? If anything.. Idk put him with the Onyx's to weirdly balance it out. His CSR boost would've been healthy.

Strider

Haha what. You're right, you got given Diamond?! Kappa.

How the hell did a Gold get put on your team? If anything.. Idk put him with the Onyx's to weirdly balance it out. His CSR boost would've been healthy.

but.... why?

Peep da score dood.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Few things are more frustrating when you are having a great round in Warzone an get disconnected from the server. Takes a lot of willpower not to throw the controller.

Playlist update for arena playlists that house 4v4 suggestion:

When a solo player queues in arena they have a parameter set for match making;

Pair up with other solo queue players or a party that is not greater than 3.

-----------

When a team of 4 queue in arena they also have a parameter set for match making;

Pair up with other groups/parties that are equal in size of 4. Will not pair with any solo queue person but can pair against two parties of 2.

I had a game where a full team went vs randoms. Tired of going against full teams... If i wanted to challenge a full team id create my own team and perform dominating tatics with high level communication.

Anyway end rant and poor suggestion...

BraXzy

but.... why?

Peep da score dood.

If the two Onyx's on a normal day are actually at the correct CSR and the same goes for the gold, there's no way with that pool of players that the teams should stack up like that for balancing.

That bottom Onyx might've been boosted/carried and has a background MMR which matches the gold but at face value of the ranks, c'mon?

BradC00

I take a break for the last few weeks to play gears and now I can't finish kills D: I always have tons of damage but can't finish shit. D:

Strider

If the two Onyx's on a normal day are actually at the correct CSR and the same goes for the gold, there's no way with that pool of players that the teams should stack up like that for balancing.

That bottom Onyx might've been boosted/carried and has a background MMR which matches the gold but at face value of the ranks, c'mon?

People being boosted or carried to ranks they don't deserve is an entirely different issue and one that I would absolutely agree on..IMO players should have individual ranks and party ranks just like in Dota 2...

But suggesting the team balancing should have been different in a game that finished as close as it possibly can....... that's a reach. Focusing on the quality of the match is always more important than focusing on the on-the-surface ranks of the individual players.

In your attempt to "weirdly balance out" these teams you would have gotten a match that wasn't as competitive as the one that actually took place.

Also dood holy shit what time is it where you live go to sleep fps lol

Nowise10

So even 6 months after launch people can still cheat in Breakout and get on top of levels?
Good shit 343.

I hate when developers make you feel helpless. I know it will never be fixed, and I'll get matched with people in the future who'll exploit it and the only thing I can do is deal with it. or I could never play Breakout again once I hit Onyx.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just don't understand why you would matchmake a bunch of SR120+ players against a bunch of SR40-70 players. How does that make any sense? This is what I really want answers for with the future of Warzone. I mean, does it create two completely separate lobbies of 12 people each then slam them together? Shouldn't it just collect 24 people and then sort them out in a balanced manner?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When it's clear the Warzone gods just want you to be totally fucked in horribly unbalanced teams for however many games to make up for past streaks, it's best to take it in assault so you can get it over with quickly and bank the RP.

Edit: Hell yes, finally spartan laser cert. Fuck you, Banshees.

Top Bottom