• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I'm really starting to think I play better alone, when I partied up with other people tonight I started to suck, go back to solo and I did quite well.

You and your damn performance anxiety.

ITmAf1W.gif

Never playing this late/early again, constant foreign servers. One to4 we match 5 times, we steaked them 3 times (american server) and they steaked us twice (aus or maybe europe server?)

Loomba

Never playing this late/early again, constant foreign servers. One to4 we match 5 times, we steaked them 3 times (american server) and they steaked us twice (aus or maybe europe server?)

I can play 2 pm on a Sunday and still get American players.

Yesterday I was playing from 6-10pm and every game had Americans in.

Akai__

I really wish they would revert on that Railgun Hitscan decision.

That thing was alread OP enough, but now you can't even Thruster Dodge it anymore. That thing is free kills for days, with next to no skill involved. It's so painful to watch Pro Players trying to evade it, only to get hit no matter what. It's like your Player Model stands in position for 1 second, after you Thrust arround a corner to evade it.

The matchmaking preferences can't come soon enough. I hope they actually work and are not a placebo, like they were in Reach.

Trup1aya

I really wish they would revert on that Railgun Hitscan decision.

That thing was alread OP enough, but now you can't even Thruster Dodge it anymore. That thing is free kills for days, with next to no skill involved. It's so painful to watch Pro Players trying to evade it, only to get hit no matter what. It's like your Player Model stands in position for 1 second, after you Thrust arround a corner to evade it.

The matchmaking preferences can't come soon enough. I hope they actually work and are not a placebo, like they were in Reach.

Yeah it definitely needs to return to being projectile. As it stands it feels like it's as easy to kill someone with a Railgun as it it to land a single shot with the BR.

Leyasu

Banned

What is this? Are they finally going to let us choose where we play?? I have pretty much dropped this now that they have removed the region lock .... Is there a link anywhere??

Trup1aya

What is this? Are they finally going to let us choose where we play?? I have pretty much dropped this now that they have removed the region lock .... Is there a link anywhere??

They haven't gone into specifics, but it the last community update they said

In addition, teams across the studio are hard at work on a variety of updates, including many that come straight from feedback you’ve given us. Modes and playlists like Infection, matchmaking preference options, more Forge goodness, UI updates and post-game medals, Campaign balance updates (more on that in just a bit), and lots more that I can’t talk about just yet is in the works. Many of these will be landing with Memories of Reach, which is currently slated for an early May release.

I seen someone get into the top of the tree in Overgrowth. Where there is the 3 part intersection hallway in mid. I was so confused on who was shooting me. lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Welp taking care of my sick daughter back to health ends up with me getting sick now.

Yaaaayyy -_- ......

I've had a cold for seven years, basically.

If I wasn't bald I'd probably have had that Kindergarten lice.

BTW apparently lice is just a thing now, whereas when I was child in Scotland if a kid had lice we'd send him to the North. beyond the wall. A sacrifice to the white walkers.

Except Scotland is beyond the wall to begin with.

WINTER IS COMING

BTW apparently lice is just a thing now, whereas when I was child in Scotland if a kid had lice we'd send him to the North. beyond the wall. A sacrifice to the white walkers.

WINTER IS COMING

Haha!

Don't you try and bring the Game of Thrones hype into this thread good sir!!! Cause im already on that train and ready!!!

HypeDragonTrainRidingBehindDaenerys.jpg

But seriously, being sick that long is worrysome =/. Are you taking your vitamins? lol

Haha!

Don't you try and bring the Game of Thrones hype into this thread good sir!!! Cause im already on that train and ready!!!

HypeDragonTrainRidingBehindDaenerys.jpg

But seriously, being sick that long is worrysome =/. Are you taking your vitamins? lol
Colds commonly last 3 weeks or longer. Nothing to be worried about.

The worst thing about Overgrowth is blue team has an advantage on Camo and Railgun at the start of the match. Well, that's not the worst thing about the map, though still pretty bad. I'd like to see the win% on that map per team.

The worst thing about Pegasus is everything.

I just really hate corridor maps because either you have the people that just shoulder charge everything since it's easier to pull off on a map like that, or you have the crouch auto guys in every corner.

I just really hate corridor maps because either you have the people that just shoulder charge everything since it's easier to pull off on a map like that, or you have the crouch auto guys in every corner.
Yup, they need to avoid designing corridor maps like Overgrowth. I usually spend my time Spartan charging on that map unless I have rail gun or camo.

Yeah i notice people spartan charging the side hallways in Tyrant, Although its nice when they try, you thrust away, and they fall off the map. GG PLEB.

BraXzy

WINTER IS COMING

I've visited Scotland a fair few times and its a lot more beautiful and a lot less white walkery than I expected. Lies of.. Plain fields and not a lot else in between though. Makes for a sleepy drive.

Yeah i notice people spartan charging the side hallways in Tyrant, Although its nice when they try, you thrust away, and they fall off the map. GG PLEB.

Tyrant is a lot more opened than Overgrowth. There are also no autos (besides the starting AR) on Tyrant and that makes a huge difference. It's not that I hate autos, they just seem too forgiving in this game at times.

I don't hate the AR, I'm glad it's actually useful for a change, but at times I do think it's too forgiving of a weapon. Personally, I blame that on the ability to ADS and reduce the spread on it.

I feel like the range shouldn't be that far and accurate. Idk maybe i just need to git gud and enable my flying wings to fly away from AR whores.

Glass

How are the new rumoured consoles supposed to work, will playing H5 on the Xbox 1.5 make it crispier? Or will only games developed with the new hardware in mind benefit. Would love to play this game without all the jaggies and comprimises made for 60 fps (which was totes the right call) but hopefully new consoles = whynotboth

Akai__

There is a very weird issue with JiP. The Radar jumps to a 40m radius sometimes.

I noticed this once when joining BTB and actually thought that would be standard at first, but just now I re-joined a Custom Game, where I was very very confused on Empire, because the Radar didn't make any sense. I looked at the Radar and it said 40m.

Solution: Remove Radar completely.

How are the new rumoured consoles supposed to work, will playing H5 on the Xbox 1.5 make it crispier? Or will only games developed with the new hardware in mind benefit. Would love to play this game without all the jaggies and comprimises made for 60 fps (which was totes the right call) but hopefully new consoles = whynotboth

From what im gathering, the new xbox this year will only be a slimmer version with 4k capability for video UHD bluray playback and 4k streaming services.

I don't think we will get a new xbox with upgraded components that devs may take advantage of. Maybe next year they will release a substantialy upgraded xbox that will include a day 1 patch for halo 5, their flagship title. just a guess on that part though.

Top Bottom