• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

nillapuddin

hopefully I can get back down to a true "1" sensitivity

turn it all the wayyyyy dooowwwnnnn

Also

came across this bookmark on chrome of a figure I never bought, another subtle reminder that

oldchief-3.jpg

the helmet known as "Mk V" in Halo 5 is fucking garbage tier nonsense that only shares a named title with past Mk V iterations

Also

came across this bookmark on chrome of a figure I never bought, another subtle reminder that

http://store.kotous.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/l/oldchief-3.jpg[IMG]

the helmet known as "Mk V" in Halo 5 is fucking garbage tier nonsense that only shares a named title with past Mk V iterations[/QUOTE]
Seriously. The Mark V helmets that were put in Halo 5 look like MC's head was mutated, then the proportions were reversed, and then the final monstrosity was put through a lego filter. They're embarrassingly bad.

EDIT:
I had some of the worst warzone games of my life earlier today. I kept telling myself things would get better the next game, but it just got worse... and worse... and worse. I wanted to stick my controller into the garbage disposal but it wouldn't fit. And Escape from the A.R.C. is one of the most awful maps ever made. You literally can't do shit if the other team somehow manages to cap all 3 bases and traps you in the core base. You can either try and get through the closest base and fail, or run into the tunnel, which is equally bad since the whole of the other team can literally just sit there in vehicles or kill you from distance with long range weapons.

lol i suppose any map will be awful once a team gets control of all 3 bases, but i feel like Escape from the ARC really pins you down. Whereas you could go around the island in the opposite direction on Apex, or exit the back of the base, the ARC affords no other options. You're literally stuck because of the bottle neck of the tunnel entrance and the base you'd have to go through to get out. Stormbreak and Noctus are probably equally worse in the same situation. Although I feel like Stormbreak still gives you a little breathing room, as the attacking team is equally exposed from outside the fortress. People have complained about getting pinned down on Noctus, but I've been fortunate not to have that happen yet.

TCKaos

The huge issue with ARC is that the only ways out of the base and armory and into the main playing area are easily covered by sight-lines provided by the garage. If you've got one base and the garage then there's literally only two places that the enemy team could be coming from, and the only reason you wouldn't be watching that area at all times is to take out bosses.

The huge issue with ARC is that the only ways out of the base and armory and into the main playing area are easily covered by sight-lines provided by the garage. If you've got one base and the garage then there's literally only two places that the enemy team could be coming from, and the only reason you wouldn't be watching that area at all times is to take out bosses.
Yep. And if the other team has 2 bases and garage then RIP lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The main problem with ARC is how straight-shooting it is. Everything flows in a really linear way so all troop movement is really predictable and controllable, so you are always hindered. Exits from main bases totally suck as described already, and it is incredibly flat and open compared to other levels, amplifying how shitty it is that everyone knows the troop flow already since there is hardly any way to mix it up. Even Noctus which is also very flat (but has a nice round hill) has plenty of cover and big walls so traveling around on the highway is generally safe from the main action that's going on. ARC isn't like that. There is usually only 2 paths you can take and they are completely covered by long range rifles and very little proper cover to anywhere. The place with the most options is the garage but it also has the most directions to be attacked from and will be since it is often the focus of attention. It's just really, really, really annoying to play on, even if you're winning.

Apex is 100x better with its mix of different paths and cover and elevation and complex areas and open areas. Wonderful balance and all weapons find plenty of contexts for use on it. Stormbreak is pretty directionally straightforward but has more viable pathways and the verticality and structures allow better cover than ARC. Darkstar is very complex in layout and with lots of cover, but requiring good awareness as fire can come from a lot of places. Fortress usually gives nice view advantage over the open spaces for approach on half the bosses, but not too dominant because you often have to get out there yourself, which is about right.

Madness

Maps like Escape from ARC are just far too overdesigned. 75% of the map is wasted eye candy that serves no utility purpose for what Warzone is. They tried to rectify this a lot with Firefight Warzone rounds taking place all over the map but basic Warzone it plays bad. I wonder if they'll ever release heatmaps for Warzone maps, Arena. See where people get killed the most.

Dice

Bullets, as being necessary for firepower, are often required to be kept track of by the player, with their mind.
No need to be patronizing. I'm not just talking about crossfire. I mean people wander all over that map and have a lot of different viewpoints from every angle high and low. There doesn't seem to be too many favored spots or set directions like with ARC or Stormbreak but it doesn't have as clean of flow as Apex, so you could always get spotted and surprised from a few different angles other than the ones you chose your cover for due to some group of people elsewhere. It makes the map a bit more paranoid for everyone but the way the bosses pop scattered all around forces them to travel about regardless, which makes it more dynamic.

So I'm getting to req refunds from silver packs even though I have 1 skin and like 50 rare REQs left. Is that a known issue?
There is 1 rare DMR loadout that Nokyard and I can't unlock. Plus you have lots of rare emblems tied to commendations. Other than that, the new skins from the spartan armory packs are not obtainable until the next update in May - if I'm not mistaken. As soon as I got my first req point refund from a silver pack i switched to gold and everything has been ultra rare/legendary so far.

I did it Gaf, I did it...

Getting Champion in SWAT or FFA just requires you to play a lot. Easy playlist for Champions
Very nice. Time is a huge problem for me. If I could spend a whole day grinding out ranks I think i'd actually progress further. But I have to hop on in short increments (usually) and it's just not a proper length to warm up and do well before having to quit and start over again the next day.

Karl2177

So for tomorrow morning's Warzone Saturday, I'm stealing it to be a ForgeGAF custom session. I know we have quite a few maps that are in a playable state. Depending on the amount of people, we can do some BTB maps, but for the most part the maps are 4v4 sized.

BraXzy

I did it Gaf, I did it...

Getting Champion in SWAT or FFA just requires you to play a lot. Easy playlist for Champions

Wow congrats bud! That's my end goal for Halo one of these seasons. The closest I got was all but one in Onyx but I didn't manage a full sweep. One day!

EYEL1NER

Playing Breakout in April 16, gross.
Legitimate question from me, because I wasn't around when the game came out: What is with the dislike towards Breakout? I have fun playing it even when losing, so long as the loss isn't due to people quitting or being afk.

Played the new Fiesta variant twice and had some fun. First match was on Torque and I went 10-9, we won. Second match I didn't do so hot on but I got to try out some cool weapons regardless.

I'm watching Lethul's stream and he is a douchebag extraordinaire lol. He claims that he's not cocky but dude thinks he's God lol. Good for him i guess.

Dice

Getting a really weird lag thing in Super Fiesta. My character starts punching instead of firing. Wha?

Madness

Fuck I finally get to use the CE Magnum. What a beast. Can't wait till I get it for Warzone eventually. I know they put one of Recurve but I never played a match on it since the change.

Defect

Their is a way to get outside the level on a certain map, and every single time I played on it the enemy team exploited it, which was about 5 times.
The map where you can thrust on the pyramid to the very top?

Swat is definitely the easiest champion but god damn does it get sweaty.

EYEL1NER

Damn, running into server problems now. Just got dropped from a match and couldn't connect while it said it was still searching for players at the top of all menus. Lost an XP boost too and WZ XP boosts are something I haven't had in a while.
Rebooted and things are looking a tad better. WZ Assault on Array is starting now.

No need to be patronizing. I'm not just talking about crossfire. I mean people wander all over that map and have a lot of different viewpoints from every angle high and low. There doesn't seem to be too many favored spots or set directions like with ARC or Stormbreak but it doesn't have as clean of flow as Apex, so you could always get spotted and surprised from a few different angles other than the ones you chose your cover for due to some group of people elsewhere. It makes the map a bit more paranoid for everyone but the way the bosses pop scattered all around forces them to travel about regardless, which makes it more dynamic.

It was more of a comment on your writing style. It's like you're trying to hit a specific flesch-kincaid grade level by making longer sentences that have way too many clauses.

Dice

It was more of a comment on your writing style. It's like you're trying to hit a specific flesch-kincaid grade level by making longer sentences that have way too many clauses.
I was just trying to be specific because level design and the gameplay that manifests from it is a complex thing to be describing.

Interesting double kills, all skill luck.

Super Fiesta is so much fun though. This is probably one of my favorite playlist yet.
Yeah, it's totally crazy. Even with lag it's as casual as can be. If you get crappy weapons you can probably pick up something nicer off the ground. I was walking around terrified with a measly-for-this-mode saw and made this fun play. I think I clambered over my own teammate after I caught a glimpse of them to the side, lol.

Edit: Got a Kinetic Sentinel BR. This will be useful for banshees.

Glass

I'm loving the updated Arena maps for Infection, Plaza especially looks so good, liking the colours. I'm wondering if the more corridor and segmented maps like Overgrowth and Riptide are a more natural fit Infection? Can't wait to for this update.

banner3-50369b434a3a45a18b1810a91d27f003.jpg

That's sexy

Dice

It may be the fact I have 15 years of experience in textual analysis and all my friends are philosophers and poets. I really don't find anything odd about being precise. I also don't see how you guys aren't just outright bullying.

Madness

It may be the fact I have 15 years of experience in textual analysis and all my friends are philosophers and poets. I really don't find anything odd about being precise. I also don't see how you guys aren't just outright bullying.

Who?

Dice

The two on this page finding ways to mock how I write. I know for a fact that a handful like to waste their time talking shit about me on voice chat and they can go ahead and do that if they want to feel nice and cliquish, but I'd rather at least keep up of a facade of respect and stick to talking about Halo in the thread.

Top Bottom