• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Nowise10

Just played against a team of Champions who took the flag outside the level in Breakout to score.

Like does 343 not play their game? The map has been in for months...

It may be the fact I have 15 years of experience in textual analysis and all my friends are philosophers and poets. I really don't find anything odd about being precise. I also don't see how you guys aren't just outright bullying.

Your issue isn't precision, it's clarity and brevity. You can be plenty precise without resorting to run-on sentences which are difficult to parse.

mo60

Just played against a team of Champions who took the flag outside the level in Breakout to score.

Like does 343 not play their game? The map has been in for months...

How are they able to get out of that map?

Anyway, for some weird reason I'm doing worse than I used to do in team slayer, I can still win matches but my k/d has slightly dropped lately.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Your issue isn't precision, it's clarity and brevity. You can be plenty precise without resorting to run-on sentences which are difficult to parse.
When you think about how a level works in design and resulting play, a lot of things come to mind at once, so it's a bit stream-of-consciousness to describe and run on sentences happen. It's just a forum post so I don't see why I would need to clean it up to publishing standards or why it's worth bugging about, unless you were just in the habit of looking for fault.

mo60

Also this was one great start to a warzone match. I got a killing frenzy in this match within the first five minutes of the match with only using my grenades, the carbine and two sentinel battle rifles variants.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/mo999999999/video/16883855

Theater mode decided to not show some of the kills I got in this video. This is my second killing frenzy in warzone. I also gotten two killing frenzy's in team slayer before.

Nowise10

How are they able to get out of that map?

Anyway, for some weird reason I'm doing worse than I used to do in team slayer, I can still win matches but my k/d has slightly dropped lately.

They just jump out using pieces of unnecessary geometry put by the map creator, then just walk outside the level. Map has zero effort to prevent people from exploiting it.
VMRes2k.gif

Ez3sWyj.gif

Trup1aya

lol i suppose any map will be awful once a team gets control of all 3 bases, but i feel like Escape from the ARC really pins you down. Whereas you could go around the island in the opposite direction on Apex, or exit the back of the base, the ARC affords no other options. You're literally stuck because of the bottle neck of the tunnel entrance and the base you'd have to go through to get out. Stormbreak and Noctus are probably equally worse in the same situation. Although I feel like Stormbreak still gives you a little breathing room, as the attacking team is equally exposed from outside the fortress. People have complained about getting pinned down on Noctus, but I've been fortunate not to have that happen yet.

You can get easily pinned on any map except Apex. But getting a trip-cap Arc is far and away the easiest.

Once a team caps the garage and an armory , it's way too easy to barrage the second armory.

You can get easily pinned on any map except Apex. But getting a trip-cap Arc is far and away the easiest.

Once a team caps the garage and an armory , it's way too easy to barrage the second armory.
yep. After the match I really wanted to break my controller, which made me want to get a lunar white controller. Only, I don't think my wife would approve right now. I'm biding my time lol.

Blueblur1

There is 1 rare DMR loadout that Nokyard and I can't unlock. Plus you have lots of rare emblems tied to commendations. Other than that, the new skins from the spartan armory packs are not obtainable until the next update in May - if I'm not mistaken. As soon as I got my first req point refund from a silver pack i switched to gold and everything has been ultra rare/legendary so far.

If they're emblems they're tied to commendations.

Thank you gentlemen. I guess that pretty much explains it. I'll move onto Gold packs then.

Ugh if I get one more legendary emblem im going to puke. Also got the end-game weapon cert. Is it any good? My last ultra-rare weapon cert I unlocked was the plasma caster... I'd like better weapon certs please.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yeah, I mean, like, you could always just write out your pauses and illustrate that you're, y'know, totally conscientious about your stream of consciousness rather than hiding it behind a veil of ironclad sentence structure. I mean, like, just, uh... just throw in some technobabble in addition to legitimate thoughts so that you're, you know, uh, getting people to... well, I mean, like, process your responses accordingly and Google "haptic attofractal heuristic buffer zones" to see if it's, y'know, an actual thing or not. Oh, that's a big one too - throw in italics to stress phrases so as to, like, literally illustrate emphasis.

m23

I've got a Mirrors Edge beta code too if anyone wants it. I'm too busy with the Gears 4 beta at the moment. Code is for Xbox One BTW.

TCKaos

I imagine that the main issue for 343 is that it seems like their pipeline doesn't allow for enough destructive playtesting.

I mean, Antifreeze is still in matchmaking. They took out Orion and Orion at least worked. Antifreeze is really bad AND is constantly plagued by simple but gamebreaking mistakes.

link1201

I'm really looking forward to the new control settings. This update will also have post game medals, right?

My biggest hope after that is to get a hornet or falcon added.

I imagine that the main issue for 343 is that it seems like their pipeline doesn't allow for enough destructive playtesting.

I mean, Antifreeze is still in matchmaking. They took out Orion and Orion at least worked. Antifreeze is really bad AND is constantly plagued by simple but gamebreaking mistakes.

I don't get why they were so quick to take out Orion which wasn't all that bad, but they won't get rid of Pegasus and Antifreeze after months of complaining.

BraXzy if you dont reply in 10 mins imma have to give the code to Garett, cause I am heading off rest of the evening.

Edit: Sorry BraXzy Homie. Garrett check your PMs

So after G0SU told me that he didn't even sign up to receive Mirror's Edge beta codes, I looked at my mail to see I have one too. So if anyone wants one please insult FATstronaut's Halo ability. There's a lot of material to go off of, shouldn't be that difficult.

We found each other randomly!

Oh are you in the cardboard tier with G0SU and FATs? See? Easy.

Top Bottom