• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

88 Silvers to go...

Use this, and this.
180 Silvers to go

giphy.gif

mo60

If you average three silver packs a night, that's a little under a month of grinding. Still a lot, sure, but not nearly as bad as it looks if you lay it out.

It's actually going to be more than that since 343i will add more rare and uncommon reqs in the Memories of Reach update which releases in early may most likely.

Haruko

You saw them live? Dope! What do the players do between matches?

Pistola was checking (Twitter?) between matches on his phone a lot and laughing a ton at whatever he was seeing. At one point he recognized a guy in the front row as the sender of a funny tweet, and held his phone up to show the guy he was Liking it.

Envyus as a whole looked to be in a good mood for most of the event. If they continue to gel I def. see them qualifying for the HPL.

Most teams talk to each other/coach between rounds. After their series ends they'd go backstage to review film, discuss upcoming matches, do interviews, etc.

lmfao

No lies detected

http://xboxclips.com/SaMuRaI+G0SU/d3ac0255-0830-437b-9a5d-f42b8b55cf1a
Here is fuking bronze play that enabed a ninja! this is the cream of the crop of " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?"
that nade tho,. LMFAO!! why did i do that? im seriously laughing at myself of how bad that clip is and why i even decided to record it.. LOL someone at 343 derank my slayer to bronze plzzzzzzzzz

This one is for all the bronze players placed in Diamond. I feel you bro. we shouldn't be placed there ='(
http://xboxclips.com/SaMuRaI+G0SU/6e4b8d55-e54c-4bd9-843a-ba3a448c38ee

nade hitting his head and getting me a clusterluck lulzzzz

I wish I was clever/funny enough for a tag. Congrats dude.

Be careful what you wish for. For every tag like Ozzy's, someone is also getting a tag like Bornstellar's.

Why can't we have this design as the Mark V armour on Halo 5? it looks way better than the current one we have on the game:

Add the ammo pouches and it's perfect :(

It'll never not fuck with me just how crazy the fanartists in the Halo community are. They even semi-included the space diaper while making it look alright and also got rid of the jankiness with the codpiece! Now I want undersuit space thongs for my Spartan for real :(

Since i've only started playing this month i'm going to ask a question that most of you probably think is dumb so bear with me:

I'm either a Silver 4 or 5 now in slayer and i was wondering if in May i'll be reset or i guess my question is how often are these things reset? Just feels like it took forever to get to this rank and i would be bummed if i had to start again.

Also, i have over 10 hours of Slayer played now and I just played Pegasus for the first time ever like 2 days ago. Didn't even know that map existed, i thought i had seen them all already lol

Trup1aya

Since i've only started playing this month i'm going to ask a question that most of you probably think is dumb so bear with me:

I'm either a Silver 4 or 5 now in slayer and i was wondering if in May i'll be reset or i guess my question is how often are these things reset? Just feels like it took forever to get to this rank and i would be bummed if i had to start again.

Also, i have over 10 hours of Slayer played now and I just played Pegasus for the first time ever like 2 days ago. Didn't even know that map existed, i thought i had seen them all already lol

The ranks reset at the start of each month. But you won't be starting from scratch. The system will consider your previous rank during your placement matches.

I'm either a Silver 4 or 5 now in slayer and i was wondering if May i'll be reset or i guess my question is how often are these things reset? Just feels like it took forever to get to this rank and i would be bummed if i had to start again.

No dumb question.

Seasons reset every month. So next month, you will have to play another 10 matches in whichever Arena playlist to rank again. Most common placements are lower than what you achieved in the previous season so you have to climb up again to that rank you ended at.

For example i always end up placing in Platinum 4-5 but always climb up to Diamond 1-3. I am never placed in Diamond 1-3 after my first initial 10 matches.

Pegasus can go to hades and lick a razor spiked ball hanging from the devils crotch.

The ranks reset at the start of each month. But you won't be starting from scratch. The system will consider your previous rank during your placement matches.

No dumb question.

Seasons reset every month. So next month, you will have to play another 10 matches in whichever Arena playlist to rank again. Most common placements are lower than what you achieved in the previous season so you have to climb up again to that rank you ended at.

For example i always end up placing in Platinum 4-5 but always climb up to Diamond 1-3. I am never placed in Diamond 1-3 after my first initial 10 matches.

Pegasus can go to hades and lick a razor spiked ball hanging from the devils crotch.

thanks for the quick responses! I guess that's not so bad at all then. It's like a soft reset of sorts.

BraXzy

Pistola was checking (Twitter?) between matches on his phone a lot and laughing a ton at whatever he was seeing. At one point he recognized a guy in the front row as the sender of a funny tweet, and held his phone up to show the guy he was Liking it.

Envyus as a whole looked to be in a good mood for most of the event. If they continue to gel I def. see them qualifying for the HPL.

Most teams talk to each other/coach between rounds. After their series ends they'd go backstage to review film, discuss upcoming matches, do interviews, etc.

That's really cool, would be great to watch a competitive event like that live. Especially with the big money on the line.

Hey Sik, how's the new montage coming?

Right?! What're we even paying for smh.
How it actually going? :)

Trup1aya

I just saw a group of Aussies on Reddit praising the removal of region lock....

So many people hate it, but there are quite a few who love it

Such a F'd up situation, that MM option will hopefully remedy.

Strider

Hopefully the MM option not only will let me choose to only be on US servers but also gives me the ability to block playing against people in other regions too.

It sucks being put on servers outside your region but it also sucks having people teleporting, lagging out, etc.

2 - Priority (skill) (speed)

Skill as a choice is never gonna happen. The most you'll see here is connection or speed and ultimately that would probably only tell MM to consider servers outside your region or not. More regions considered = faster MM

BraXzy

I just saw a group of Aussies on Reddit praising the removal of region lock....

So many people hate it, but there are quite a few who love it

Such a F'd up situation, that MM option will hopefully remedy.

I really hope they just give us the damn option to pick servers, so if we want to, we can opt in to a longer wait time but better connection.

Matchmaking options

Literally just do what Rocket League does, have a ticklist of server locations, pick the regions you're willing to connect to. Done ;)

Hopefully the MM option not only will let me choose to only be on US servers but also gives me the ability to block playing against people in other regions too.

It sucks being put on servers outside your region but it also sucks having people teleporting, lagging out, etc.

Skill as a choice is never gonna happen. The most you'll see here is connection or speed and ultimately that would probably only tell MM to consider servers outside your region or not.

People complain about being matched up against people not in their tier of skill. I see them catering to it even if it really does nothing behind the scenes.

I think region lock takes care of the connection issue. Next up with be a preference of priority. Do you want to match up against people as quickly as possible regardless if they are a bit higher or lower in level/skill? OR do you want to wait a little longer to match you against people with smililar skill.

So i broke it down to two little sliders. Default from 343 would be no region lock and priority of speed. Casuals just want topick up and play, they dont want to fiddle with more settings. Just like the controller settings. not everyone will want to change from default.

I really hope they just give us the damn option to pick servers, so if we want to, we can opt in to a longer wait time but better connection.

Literally just do what Rocket League does, have a ticklist of server locations, pick the regions you're willing to connect to. Done ;)

Let's be real here. This is 343 that could take ideas from A LOT of other games that have amazing capabilities in ranking, match making, cosmetics, and etc.

KevinHartSeriousStare.jpg

Leyasu

Banned
As others have said 343 will never jeopardize speed for match quality. Sometimes they are so fucking clueless and stubborn.

I can't go back to it at the moment. I'll probably pick up the witcher to keep me busy until they..... I don't know what. They will never sort things out I feel

TCKaos

BLAZE OF GLORY

As others have said 343 will never jeopardize speed for match quality. Sometimes they are so fucking clueless and stubborn.

I can't go back to it at the moment. I'll probably pick up the witcher to keep me busy until they..... I don't know what. They will never sort things out I feel

The issue is that the places connecting with us now are literally unable to find matches on their own. I don't know if it's a regional server issue, or if there just aren't enough people to adequately match players, or what-have-you.

Glass

Great video by Psycho Duck on why Magnum starts > BR starts in H5 BTB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3EjjDo4VT8

For example, the red reticule for BR's is double the area for the warthog gun i.e to have a warthog gunner you need to give up two BR wielding players, its clearly not worth it and the only Arena mode with warthogs renders them useless.

Top Bottom