• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Opened my final two arena bundle packs. Got 3 helms and 3 assassinations... notables being the scanner helmet which I think is hideous and Emile's Regard, eyebiter, and lawn dart assassinations.

BraXzy

They'll probably come once 343i starts focusing on arena content, and stops focusing on REQs as a revenue stream with cosmetics and power weapons.

FTFY

BraXzy

I wonder what the average age is in that crowd, hard to judge.

Also I've woken up to a tag today. Classic, thanks mods.

Grats! Not the worst tag in the world either! Still waiting on mine ;)

One day... one day :'(
Back home from PAX East. Will get back on the grind tomorrow. Some fun times watching the invitational Qualifier

You saw them live? Dope! What do the players do between matches?

It's not really a meme, well maybe it is a meme? People just want black undersuits back, they look much much better and contrast the armour pieces better.

I'm sure there are better examples but this is the only one I found from a quick Google.

OMG It looks so much better!

That tag isn’t bad, it’s better than most. I really wouldn’t want one since most have some type of negative connotation linked to it. Why would I want something that pretty much says, Hey I’m a dumbass and I don’t know what I’m talking about, so don’t listen to me!

That tag isn’t bad, it’s better than most. I really wouldn’t want one since most have some type of negative connotation linked to it. Why would I want something that pretty much says, Hey I’m a dumbass and I don’t know what I’m talking about, so don’t listen to me!

Given some of my post history, or reception of, I'm kind of surprised to not have a negative tag.

Back to Halo, here is my son's first non-verbal teabag communication. LOL.

sOEu27x.gif

My trend of calling in REQs to only get REQd before using them continues:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/6babd4b5-ee1a-435d-b6db-0872720068c2

BraXzy

Forerunner
I’m a dumbass and I don’t know what I’m talking about
(Today, 05:02 AM)

Why can't we have this design as the Mark V armour on Halo 5? it looks way better than the current one we have on the game:

Add the ammo pouches and it-s perfect:(

That's so good. 343 fix your shit.

At least Mk Iv is great, but I'd like to go back and forth with a good Mk V. At least we're getting Grenadier next month, I do like that helmet.

Why can't we have this design as the Mark V armour on Halo 5? it looks way better than the current one we have on the game:

The version we have in-game is Mark V Alpha. You know, like how Noble 6's armor was Mark V Beta. We don't actually have Mark V yet.

ATOMICJORGE said:
Add the ammo pouches and it-s perfect:(

I hated that frivolous crap. The armor contains storage for those resources; why clutter the outside with bandoliers and ammo belts? That's what I disliked most about Reach; everyone's Spartan in the higher ranks looked like a Rob Liefeld character.

EYEL1NER

I accidentally just played a game of Team Arena and did alright: 13-8, which is pretty good for me. I was somehow the best person on my team. So I thought 'Hmmm, all those guys and my opponents were golds, maybe I'll do the qualifiers real quick and see where I end up.' So I try another match. Someone quit as soon as the game started, so we were down one for all 50 deaths. I went 6-16. I'll tough these remaining 8 out though and see what it gets me.

BraXzy

I rarely step outside of Halo or Hockey threads so I'll probably never have a tag. Mods never go into either of those things. :p

Haha that's a very good point, when was the last time a mod posted in here? I feel like the only mod I've ever known to be involved with Halo is Ghaleon and I've not seen him around for a long while.

We're probably checked up on to make sure whatever happened to the old gods, doesn't happen to the new.

Sorry, GoT hype is on my mind.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't claim that. Your writing in those posts was atrocious.

Bad writing is especially annoying in this context since this is an online discussion board, where nearly all communication takes place through writing. In order to have a worthwhile discussion, everyone has to take some time to make sure their ideas are communicated well. If people can't figure out what you're saying, then there is no point in posting, and you are essentially disrespecting the other members of the community by wasting their time.

And to go back to your original posts, I didn't even disagree much with your basic points, once I figured out what they were (though they weren't terribly novel). ARC has bad pathing (which is intimately tied to the lack of good cover), but this is how you write posts about that:
While the post wasn't elegant, I fail to see how it was in any way dysfunctional so that a person would have difficulty immediately understanding it.

nillapuddin

I love Super Fiesta, its been alot of fun, and I feel like I pretty fairly get a random chance at having alot of good loadouts, but the game I just played, was miserable for me

BR/pistol
needler/BR
suppressor/LR
needler/sword
railgun/sniper
boltshot/hydra
needler/hammer
boltshot/storm rifle
AR/DMR
SMG/suppressor
needler/suppressor
boltshot/sword
sword/sniper

I died 13 times and 9 of the 13 were to Rockets/Incin/FRG. I did my best to scavenge dead bodies of course, but I was never alive very long, I got poo poo'ed on hard. I get kills with loadout weapons all the time, but that match seemed like thats all I got, and all they had were explosion makers.

there have been some games though were it seems like I have nothing but spnkrs and incins and then I go 2:1 and crush the other team, now I will feel bad for them since Ive experienced the loadout weapon

this playlist better not leave, we need the levity

Dice

How is this word suppose to work? I don't see it.
Nitpicking easily understood things is fun, eh?

Language communicates ideas. That is the function. If a post composed of language is not easily understood, something in the way it uses language to communicate ideas is dysfunctional.

Dice

You're being rather vague. I only highlighted a minor imperfection in your post because your criticism of my use of the word "dysfunctional" seemed to be a pure nitpick rather than genuine confusion. I think both of our posts were perfectly understandable, unless you're not fluent in English.

EYEL1NER

I've been getting stomped but one more match and I'll have placed. Looks like it will be Strongholds Eden.
EDIT: So much for that. Match lasted 4:09 and the enemy team won 100-0. They shut us out and were only Silver 2 at the highest. Damn... Anyway, Silver 1 in Team Arena. Better than my Bronze in Breakout this month I guess.

You're being rather vague. I only highlighted a minor imperfection in your post because your criticism of my use of the word "dysfunctional" seemed to be a pure nitpick rather than genuine confusion. I think both of our posts were perfectly understandable, unless you're not fluent in English.

I think this is when I use an avatar quote, but nah.

Sandtrap forge map is shite. Ugh.

Like, you missed the joke.

Dice

Like, you missed the joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95kNwZw8YY

The other day I was playing on Noctus and some dude was on top of the monument. There hadn't been any Banshees or anything.

Also for some reason, only in Super Fiesta, sometimes lag causes my trigger to be a punch. Not the standard melee move but just a punch with the free arm. I even checked the recording to make sure I had ammo and I did.

Dice

Good movie. Not an opinion though. You literally missed the joke and you're imagining hostility where there is none.
In the film that was his reply to a threat. Not exactly fitting as a response is part of the fun. So much for lightening the mood.

Edit: That said, there has only been one other time online or offline that I can remember having had such communicative incongruity with others, and it was another thread on GAF last year. I really think whatever it is that apparently makes me misunderstand some of you and some of you to have trouble understanding me is some sort of subcultural separation. Aside from that other time on GAF I have never had anywhere close to this level of misunderstanding between parties before, and I have been a part of many different sorts of groups.

wasn't a thread either, soooooooo
I know his post wasn't a threat. The point was simply taking whatever was said and meeting it with that silly reply.

"social" playlist

It starts out fine for the first few games then the hidden matchmaking takes over and all you get a parties and sweaty ass games.

EYEL1NER

Finally got a Wraith license. Firefight needs to hurry up and come back, now that I have got all these Heavy Vehicles.

Has there been any word from anyone on if they are looking into the loss of sound issue? I guess it isn't a huge deal, it doesn't impact much. Still a minor annoyance though.

Dice

Just fyi Eugn and ExWife you both are just as annoying as Dice these last weeks.
Sorry for my part. I'll try to ignore all the "jokes" and pointless stuff that seems to be coming out of some kind of cultural or personality difference and only engage with people who talk about the game and keep it about the game. If part of the annoyance is just my views on the game, I suppose that will still just be what it is.

Finally got a Wraith license. Firefight needs to hurry up and come back, now that I have got all these Heavy Vehicles.
Nice, although you may still not get many. I have Wraith and Banshee but the game has only given me Scorpions. The others have come out from Random Vehicle cards, though. Wraiths are really good for taking out Serpent Hunters.

EYEL1NER

Nice, although you may still not get many. I have Wraith and Banshee but the game has only given me Scorpions. The others have come out from Random Vehicle cards, though. Wraiths are really good for taking out Serpent Hunters.
The three it gave me are three more than I would get from a random REQ anytime soon. The first time I was playing the game back in December, I had more than a couple Wraiths and Scoprions from random REQs but lately all I can pull are Gungeese or Ghost variants (of which I have plenty of already) with the occasional Banshee (and usually when I really don't care to have a Banshee and am hoping for something better). My luck with the random REQs got used up back then, I guess.
There was a point in time where I was getting a ton of Banshee REQs and I had built up a nice supply of them. Then I started burning through them like crazy on matches on Raid. Once they were gone, I went Banshee-dry for quite a while.

Top Bottom