• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

singhr1

When did they do the teases of the Memories of Reach content update during the PAX East qualifiers? I just finished watching the archive and didn't see it..

Trup1aya

There are major league baseball players in their 40's, and those who still play hardball in private leagues well over that. Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in any sport, and it should be humanly impossible, yet here we are.

Buncha babbies around here son.

D7QG1WW.jpg

Goes right along with the idea that working to stay sharp, CAN slow the effects of aging.

On the otherside of that coin , though, you have people whose batting skills tank long before they hit their 40's.

I don't think the Falcon would work too well in WZ anyways. With the addition of all the new weapons and variations, it would just be an easy triple kill. You have to think about the limited weaponry in Reach compared to that in H5's WZ.

Trup1aya

I don't think the Falcon would work too well in WZ anyways. With the addition of all the new weapons and variations, it would just be an easy triple kill. You have to think about the limited weaponry in Reach compared to that in H5's WZ.

Need a falcon 2.0 then. Fitted with some Promethean tech or something. UNSC needs to put those Engineers to work...come up with a vehicle that can withstand some BRs

Need a falcon 2.0 then. Fitted with some Promethean tech or something. UNSC needs to put those Engineers to work...come up with a vehicle that can withstand some BRs

It definitely would need something. If you look at the current air vehicles they can survive because they have different traits that help.

Banshee: Constantly moving so it’s a harder target and it has rolls. Plus there are different variations of them.

Phaeton: It’s an easy target, yet it has the firepower to make up for it. Plus it has its warp for evasion.

The Falcon on the other hand has nothing. It’s just this slow hovering target. Even in Reach they were pretty easy to kill. So they need to overhaul it. Give it a fuck ton of armor, ONI turrets for the gunners, you could also make it so you can’t lock on to it. Nevertheless, it’s going to need something so it’s not a sitting duck.

I don’t know if the grenade launcher will come back, HaloGAF is the only one that seems to care about it.

The GL is beloved at /r/halo. They talk about it whenever MoR is brought up.

Give it a hard light shield on cooldown, like Halo 4's HLS. The boost meter already exists for the Banshee, so just use that for the UI.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if folks who "excersized" more often than normal wouldn't atleast be more likely to delay the effects aging has on ones choice reflexes.
But I'm sure the influence is always there. Then there are other, unmeasurable factors like genetics.

Gotta have the Chief/Halsey genetic markers to go pro :)

Yeah, but the ONI Falcon would have integrated CIWS to shoot down rockets, and be painted black, which as everyone knows adds +2000 to HP.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if folks who "excersized" more often than normal wouldn't atleast be more likely to delay the effects aging has on ones choice reflexes.
But I'm sure the influence is always there. Then there are other, unmeasurable factors like genetics.

I don't know, I've been playing Halo since I was 13 and I've always been shitty

jem0208

That's one thing I don't like about Ninja, he always has an excuse when someone tries to correct him. He could be completely wrong, but he ignores any type of construct criticism.
You don't watch Ninja enough then.

Recently he's quite often accepting criticism and owning up to his mistakes.

I like Ninja, Snip3down and Lethul to watch. Wish there were more pro's who streamed consistently though.

Last time I tuned into Snipedown, he was farming ppl in wz. It was like 400-200 and they had a three cap and were in their core farming until 1000 lol.

I saw Lethul a few times, I'll generally watch him if Ninja isn't streaming. He pretty chill and doesn't really give a fuck.

Strider

Used to like Ninja but he's been hard to watch recently to me...

Everytime I turn on his stream he is solo queueing Arena and just flaming his random teammates lol But I guess some people like that soooo

The lack of one definitely sticks out sorely in Warzone. As much as I've preferred the other UNSC air vehicles the Falcon would definitely have the most unique role.

I want the Hawk from Halo Wars in my opinion it would be perfect to counter attack the Phaeton

latest

But any UNSC ship would do the work

Used to like Ninja but he's been hard to watch recently to me...

Everytime I turn on his stream he is solo queueing Arena and just flaming his random teammates lol But I guess some people like that soooo

I never got that because he never communicates with them. I mean yeah, you're a good player but don't get mad at them if you're not giving callouts or anything to them.

Stackboy

Did the patch the game to allow easier access to online games? The last few months I've only been able to get into Team Arena games. Now I can get into all the playlists. Good stuff!

Strider

So Optic picked up Str8Sick instead of Cloud. Interesting choice.

I don't think it's a great pickup or anything but they def won't be worse with him than they were with FS. I feel like they'll qualify for Pro League but there is a lot of talented teams tho so it'll be easy to miss out given the structure of the qualifiers...

I'm a fan of Str8sick tho he seems really chill and likable whenever I turn on his stream.

Watershed Division's recovery and marked iteration upon UNSC schematics thought to be lost to long-dead worlds has allowed for frightening applications of antemateriel units in Created airspace. Upgraded Falcon with improved armor, strafe capability, pilot-operated "River of Light" high-volume antimatter projector and side-mounted Armor Piercing High Explosive (APHE) railgun turrets.

mo60

Got an Ultra Rare RP Mission Victory from my Arena win today, and decided to use it in Big Team Battle. And here is a clip from that match. Pay close attention to the score board.

http://xboxclips.com/Nowise10/c04b7e15-11d1-46ee-83af-a1d1e5e774b5

Why are Mission Victories like a guaranteed brutal loss with brainless teammates

Reminds me of that one slayer match were my team was close to losing because one of my teammates kept on trying to betray me and his other two teammates.

Did the patch the game to allow easier access to online games? The last few months I've only been able to get into Team Arena games. Now I can get into all the playlists. Good stuff!

Yes they did some region and playlist searching updates. I've found similar too. I can now even find some BTB games a few times a week :)

Trup1aya

I don't think it's a great pickup or anything but they def won't be worse with him than they were with FS. I feel like they'll qualify for Pro League but there is a lot of talented teams tho so it'll be easy to miss out given the structure of the qualifiers...

I'm a fan of Str8sick tho he seems really chill and likable whenever I turn on his stream.

I feel like if they Do make pro league, they'll consistently rest at the bottom, facing elimination.

IHaveIce

Banned
Kinda surprised how many on here are younger than me, thought I was pretty young with being in my midtweens.

Probably because Exwife, Ramirez, Squid etc all seemed so super old #Kappa

Formal is playing with lethul, playing quite well too.
Really nice shot, just lacks the tricks like boost jumping and shit like that... He also tends to challenge with low shield too.

He could easily be pro level of he wanted imo.

It definitely would need something. If you look at the current air vehicles they can survive because they have different traits that help.

Banshee: Constantly moving so it’s a harder target and it has rolls. Plus there are different variations of them.

Phaeton: It’s an easy target, yet it has the firepower to make up for it. Plus it has its warp for evasion.

The Falcon on the other hand has nothing. It’s just this slow hovering target. Even in Reach they were pretty easy to kill. So they need to overhaul it. Give it a fuck ton of armor, ONI turrets for the gunners, you could also make it so you can’t lock on to it. Nevertheless, it’s going to need something so it’s not a sitting duck.

Hawks?

LAZORS + mobility.

Trup1aya

Man, I wish more Halo Esports info and footage was made available in game.... I guess that's what Halo Channel is supposed to be for, but I think requiring people to go outside of the game to access content really limits the potential reach. CS:GO, before it morphed into a massive success, saw a nice boost when big tourneys became spectatable in-client.

Misc

Well I think that, as it is in reach, the falcon could fit the sandbox very well as a low level req. Think of if as a mid-game flying warthog. Common or uncommon rarity, req level 2 or 3

EYEL1NER

I like some of the Falcon ideas that have been posted. Whatever they do with it though, it needs to come back. The lack of a UNSC air vehicle sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Ramirez

Kinda surprised how many on here are younger than me, thought I was pretty young with being in my midtweens.

Probably because Exwife, Ramirez, Squid etc all seemed so super old #Kappa

I'm old, but not super yet.

The crazy thing is that I've been posting here about Halo for over a decade.

I usually watch Roy, Towey (gives commentary during scrims), Snakebite, and Frosty. Frosty is a fantastic decision maker and I think anyone here could learn a lot from him.

Can never really watch somebody play competitive halo unless it's something big because when I am watching I usually cut it off and just play the game instead. That and probably just haven't found the right competitive halo player to watch.

side note: I need my fix of new halo update info, really cant wait to see all of the new stuff and such. if they add the falcon I will lose my cool and in a perfect world they would add the revenant because I always secretly liked the vehicle.

also sorry if anyone saw my post before i was done, accidentally posted it. (now you know my secret of not being able to spell for shit)

Top Bottom