• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I might actually get time to try the mode now xD

You're dead to me.

Good. They should just keep it as a playlist. Very ridiculous and definition of casual/social fun. Plus it gives people the ability to use weapons they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Highlights some of the ingenuity behind their weapon designs.

They should have it playable on BTB maps too. Gimmie gimmie!

Plz Frankie.
Plz Tashi.
Plz Cortana.

BTB pistol starts first!

I know you're reading this Frankie!

BELIEVE IT

Dattebayo!

narutothumbsup.jpg

I'm thinking of going out to that Toronto gaming convention (EGLx) tomorrow where the Halo tourney is cause my friend has extra tickets or something.

Hopefully I can see Walshy's smile in real life <3

I'm trying to think of what else they could add for Reach that would be new. Grenade Launcher, Falcon, Needle Rifle(Blood of Suban exists), Plasma Launcher(Hydra exists), Focus Rifle(Binary exists), Concussion Rifle

Asymmetrical gametypes?

My experiment was a success. I got banned after quitting one match in Halo 5. I hadn't quit a single match in over a week, and played over 100 games. GG.

Chances are it keeps a universal track record. Did you just quit for the hell of it? If you're jumping out of games completely arbitrarily like that, I don't doubt it's going to give you the boot if you have a history of it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
They must make a distinction between quitting and losing connection becuse I have lost connection more times than that in a 100 games and was never banned?

30 minute ban for one quit seems fine to me.

Well then you are dumb.

What if I have an emergency and must leave the house?
What if the other team are employing glitches such as hiding out the map with a flag while the team I'm on is spawn locked?

Quiting has it's place, punishing repeat offences if fine. Punishing one quit for 30 mins is dumb as shit.

JDB

Banned
Well then you are dumb.

What if the other team are employing glitches such as hiding out the map with a flag while the team I'm on is spawn locked?

Quiting has it's place, punishing repeat offences if fine. Punishing one quit for 30 mins is dumb as shit.
If you have an emergency and you need to leave the house you really won't have to play another Halo game in the next 30 minutes. I definitely think stuff like being able to surrender (especially when a teammate quits) should be a thing along with being able to rejoin if you accidentally disconnect, but a 30 minute ban for one quit is pretty standard for a lot of online games.

Nowise10

Asymmetrical gametypes?

Chances are it keeps a universal track record. Did you just quit for the hell of it? If you're jumping out of games completely arbitrarily like that, I don't doubt it's going to give you the boot if you have a history of it.

I really just want to get 343's attention that its a rubbish tactic to deal with quitters. I play this game a lot, its the main multiplayer game I play, and my quits are pretty damn light. I've had friends get off the game because they'll have quit a match out of the 20 they played, because the game is 7 - 35, or its 2 v 5. It is not just an issue with me getting banned. I see people post on Reddit and Twitter getting banned after one match too.

I played this match last night and would have gotten banned if I had quit it.
It is ridiculous. People should not be banned unless they are *excessively* quitting. Take away 500 req points from someone for quitting a match. Don't revoke their access to the damn game. You're just gonna hurt the games population doing that. And really, in most cases an option to forfeit would solve the quitting issue.

Wait, what was the actual experiment again?

That players can and will get banned after one match, not matter how much games they have played prior. And to show it is a lame system.

Trup1aya

My experiment was a success. I got banned after quitting one match in Halo 5. I hadn't quit a single match in over a week, and played over 100 games. GG.

Need more context on tour experiment. Did you quit a shit ton of matches before your hundred game spree. Were you trying to test how many games you have to play in order to be forgiven? Do you know how many quits it takes to get banned?

I ask because I quit when emergencies come up at work, or if my baby needs me while I'm playing...either of those things CAN happen several times a week, I try to plan my playtime around possible interurruptions, but I haven't gotten it down to a science. ... That's said I have only gotten banned once since launch, for just a few min.

Well then you are dumb.

Stalker quit penalties: for those times you have to drive your niece to the ER, but know you can make it back in under 30 minutes

BraXzy

I feel like the length of an average match is appropriate for a first ban. So it reinforces that if you quit, you're still gonna have to wait for it to finish, why not stay in?

Escalate from there for repeats.

Nowise10

Need more context on tour experiment. Did you quit a shit ton of matches before your hundred game spree. Were you trying to test how many games you have to play in order to be forgiven? Do you know how many quits it takes to get banned?

I ask because I quit when emergencies come up at work, or if my baby needs me while I'm playing...either of those things CAN happen several times a week, I try to plan my playtime around possible interurruptions, but I haven't gotten it down to a science. ... That's said I have only gotten banned once since launch, for just a few min.

Nope, The quit before I started "game 1" , I had probably like 30 games prior to my last quit(and it was because I actually puked during a social fiesta matched and got kicked for being AFK..bleh)

Punishing people for quitting by keeping them from playing isn't going to solve anything. Quitters are going to quit whether you penalize them for it or not.

The better question should be this: why isn't there an option to rejoin a game I disconnected from, intentionally or not? I can't tell you guys how many RP boosts I've had stolen away from me by unstable servers and lag spikes, but I know that I'd love to be able to reconnect to a WZ game my team was winning 600-250.

The fact that I can't, and yet I'm still penalized for that disconnect (with no way to avoid penalty if the servers shit their pants and boot me), is complete and utter bullshit. Hold the slot for like a minute or two so I can rejoin within that brief time frame. League of Legends popularized the quitting penalty in competitive games, and they've had the ability to rejoin games for years.

Moreover, if we can join a game in progress in Arena, I should be able to rejoin it if the server boots me there, too. And this "cumulative quitting" thing that tracks people over the course of several days, monitoring their quits? That's shitty too, and only serves to piss people off and make them not want to play the game.

Quitting is a problem, but the system as is doesn't help anyone, because it's not getting at the real issue: quitters aren't going to be stopped by a 30-minute ban. They're going to quit regardless.

Inside info. My uncle works for 343 :cool:

It's also featuring the Spartan Ability that revolutionized Halo for ever and increased the pace of the game, Armor Lock. Furthermore, everyone's fan favorite weapon is back, the M392 DMR, this weapon includes bloom which was added to Halo Reach in order to increase the skill gap and to add a more enjoyable experience for all players.

Top Bottom