• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Any suggestions on a layout for this?

Also - need 6 (I think Karl is coming on) to test some community Forge maps tonight (in about 6/7 hours)

WHAT

IS THAT FORGE?!

WHAT

I REALLY do hope they update some playlists with more of these amazing Forge creations... They only did that with Breakout - the failed playlist of all time.

Hey! There are dozens of us who enjoy Breakout. DOZENS!

Fuchsdh

Love to help you guys test out maps but for the next month I'm probably going to be focused on real-world business.

Still haven't really gotten time to deep-dive into Forge myself and get the controls down. So much else going on. Grr.

You young-in's in here better appreciate that you have so much free time to game.

Trup1aya

Strider

So I was doing my usual thing when I see an enemy at a req station... Waiting until they call in their req to kill them

Well today I hit the motherload and he called in a Nornfang for me. Really nice guy!

E Z Rampage

You know he mad

So I was doing my usual thing when I see an enemy at a req station... Waiting until they call in their req to kill them lol

Well today I hit the motherload and he called in a Nornfang for me. Really nice guy!

E Z Rampage

You know he mad

Fucking savage.

I approve.

EGLX

Also Sik where is our montage :eek:

2Tx9xG0.gif

Welp! looks like i should also be banned because i can't spell!!!

edit:

Sik - that map looks REALLY nice.

Awww, thanks. Only about an hour in so far...but it's just a concept. This is a finished map. (Ethereal ALPHA)

Let's Forge Antifreeze Part 1

I'm possibly starting a series and I want feedback on the first part. Thanks.

Will watch. :)

Well that depends, how's my very own section in the montage going?

Who are you again?

EGLX

Also Sik where is our montage :eek:

It's coming, I promise to have an update with an ETA....

soon.

ish.

<3

Also, please come and help me and Karl playtest some shit tonight. (Tonight for us is about 5 hours from now)

Trup1aya

Hmmmmm...

1. Online portion of the first big pro league qualifier
2. Team Beyond 4v4
3. ?????

Lol I had just posted this:

Looks like it's gonna be a busy weakend for competitive halo.

There's this 10k LAN, Walshy is hosting:

Then there's this 1k, which has a lot of the usual suspects registered:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/tournaments/standings/25-astro-spartans-1000-halo-5-4v4-429/

And of course there is the online qualifier

Akai__

Awesome response time you've got there mate. Titanfall at launch had Aussie servers down as low 18-25ms. Customs in H5 feel like that for the most part.

One word of warning I've found that ping Azure test website to be a bit higher than in game. The reason is Azure is configured as a web service by default and hops many ISPs for traffic etc. During internet browsing the difference between 100ms-200ms response isn't much given downloads videos etc. Gaming is quite different in its priority routing of direct XBL games traffic for example. Even my Aussie Vic Azure says 98-110ms on that site. In customs or when we actually get that dedis close to me in game it's more like 20-50ms. If people want it next week I can open up some networking tools and do a how to guide to actually test some things around Azure and dedis for your latency/traffic etc. Just remember when you're using terms like Azure you're talking web apps/sites for the most part, not gaming.

I really don't understand MS or 343 not giving us dedis choice or world wide match as a toggle. It's a simple toggle and selection list, Azure devs could code the crap out of that quite quickly IMO. It's by design/development from MS or 343 to not give that to us. The weird part to me is say they responded with it's to keep population pools across playlists globally, that doesn't fly with me. Perhaps initially on game launch but my gut tells me you give players the default setting and the toggle to select DCs, their in game experience is going to be that much better when they try toggles. If the casuals or those who don't care to try settings in games don't change it MS/343 haven't lost anything really. Surely the faster higher quality gameplay is what retains players. Titanfall still matches games today with an even smaller population than H4/5.

To address the quote snip above 343 or other game devs don't add servers to Azure. It's completely run by MS and they have containers of expansion with servers ready to deploy, have spare space in the datacentre they build etc. It's a massive network to rival any cloud provider. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is comparable to Azure for example, less worldwide regional presence than Azure. I don't know of another DC solutions company with such regional spread e.g. Australia has 2 Azure DCs and only 1 AWS. Same goes for the next closest competitor.

March was the best MP experience I probably ever had in a MP game, because of the Region Lock on EU servers. Since they reverted, I get horrible teleports and even game freezes in Arena/Warzone (not sure if related). You just have to look at my stats. I reached 1700 Onyx in Slayer last Season, but I was struggling so hard to even get to Onyx this Season. Pro players have to deal with the same issue, though. Teleporting everywhere, since the last patch and Season.

Let's Forge Antifreeze Part 1

I'm possibly starting a series and I want feedback on the first part. Thanks.

You are such a
troll.
10/10 would watch again.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I really need to figure out what's going on with my internet, occasionally I'll get super high packet loss and get booted from a game..super frustrating.

Trup1aya

Oh my B lol

Sometimes I just click the thread and start typing and don't catch up on recent posts (obv).

I realize that is a bad practice

It's all good man, so long as everyone gets to learn about this weekends nonstop halo goodness...

Apparently though, a number of top pro teams were planning on doing Eglx, but the announcement of The online qualifier AND astro's has shifted some of the interest.

Fuchsdh

With my start date looming I'm fully appreciative of my recent free time and look forward to completing one game a year haha.

I got my very first console (an Xbox 360) right at the end of college, and for four months after graduation I only had part-time contract jobs before I started up full-time. It was a glorious period.

Can't wait until I'm retired and the distinction between weekends and weekdays becomes meaningless. Only fifty more years...

Strider

So APG, Spartan, Stellur, Unlegit are now officially the new Team Liquid.Team is really good on paper...

Sparty also had a montage released which I think is H2A and Halo 5 stuff. Haven't watched it yet but supposedly is really good.

Link

BraXzy

So APG, Spartan, Stellur, Unlegit are now officially the new Team Liquid.Team is really good on paper...

Sparty also had a montage released which I think is H2A and Halo 5 stuff. Haven't watched it yet but supposedly is really good.

Link

Jesus it's nearly 20 minutes long :|

What happened to good concise 5 minute 'tages!

This isn’t really Halo 5 related, but Halo 2 Anniversary. I hate how that game was wasted potential. H2A was easily the best thing about MCC. The campaign looked great and still played great, plus the cutscenes are gorgeous. Running through H2A on Legendary was one of the best experiences I had with my XBO. The multiplayer was also great and yet it’s pretty much dead. They only released one other map for it and that’s it. 343 just let a great game die; it’s like MCC was so much of a clusterfuck that they just said fuck it and moved on to H5.

The idea of MCC was nice in all, but H2A should have been its own release with all the maps remade.

IHaveIce

Banned

Link

Lmao at the Credits Song.

Glad to see he really had kind words for Ninja

Hhhnnmnnngggg

I need to finish my silvers soon.

haha...

it's an even deeper ocean. Alan Wake Style.

Out of the 7+2free pack, i had only 1 item i thought i would use. It was a Visor color...... But as you can see, i don't use a helm at this moment with a visor hahahaha...

ha.... ha......h....

='(

Akai__

Link

Way too many cuts and color "correction" going on there for my liking. Such a shame, because the actual clips were pretty damn good.

EYEL1NER

So I was doing my usual thing when I see an enemy at a req station... Waiting until they call in their req to kill them

E Z Rampage

You know he mad
Haha, That had to have felt great.
When I see an enemy at a REQ station, I can't hold back from killing them right away because I assume that if I give it a second to see what they are getting, they'll probably disappear and a second later I'll hear vehicle doors from some other part of the map as a Scorpion or something enters the battlefield and starts fucking up my teammates.

Top Bottom