• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Trup1aya

Damn it, sounds like I missed a good match. Only just tuned in.

Interested to see how OpTic's new roster plays.

CLG won the series 3-1, but there were some close games that Optic could have taken with a bit better comms.

Fathom CTF 3-2 CLG
Eden Slayer 50-34 Optic
Rig Strongholds 100-33 CLG
Colesium CTF 2-2 Tie
Replay Colesium 3-0 CLG CTF

Optic probably would have taken the Fathom map, IMO, had they gotten off to a better start.

The first Colesium match might have been the most exciting H5 match I've seen yet. Optic fought back from being down 0-2.

It was good stuff.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not sure if the most OP weapon in SF is the Tartarus' Gavel or the Prophets' Bane.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
JIP onto a significantly-losing team feels like a real "fuck you" after a series of being the best player on losing teams.

The gavel. Upgraded shields.
But people can still see you and blow you up with the many explosive weapons. If you're smart with the PB it's awesome.

Community Update is coming real soon, it'll be worth it.

Finally got around to watching the Glamour video. Bonnie seems like such a great fit to head 343 - part of the reason I appreciate how she approaches the position is that she doesn't fall privy to over-specializing in one particular element that could otherwise anchor the franchise (e.g. focusing entirely on lore, or gameplay, or merch, etc. alone) and really does whatever she can to help sustain Halo's presence as a multimedia juggernaut. She feels a lot like Frankie in that regard in that she's pretty monolithic in terms of wearing her position with confidence, but at the same time comes across as extremely approachable and, thankfully, is willing to call out bullshit in the industry and the community mere months before the release of one of its premier titles.

She's not "pandering" to any one demographic or financial base in any sense of the word, she actually has a life outside of the game, and she's, like, actually a good person! And she's one of the biggest names in Microsoft in general! It's one of those situations where I'm actually really pleased with how nice the devs are in this case, considering how many people out there put out good content only to turn out to be total jerks (such as the dude who made the Brutal Doom mod). I think it's especially important that she embraces having a life outside of work / Halo, too, because I feel like that type of thing was one of the major pitfalls of Bungie when they were working on some of their entries, more specifically Halo 2. I have to imagine her understanding that people need to do things rather than just be Halo drones 24/7 does a number in terms of improving the atmosphere of the workplace, too.

Finally got around to watching the Glamour video. Bonnie seems like such a great fit to head 343 - part of the reason I appreciate how she approaches the position is that she doesn't fall privy to over-specializing in one particular element that could otherwise anchor the franchise (e.g. focusing entirely on lore, or gameplay, or merch, etc. alone) and really does whatever she can to help sustain Halo's presence as a multimedia juggernaut. She feels a lot like Frankie in that regard in that she's pretty monolithic in terms of wearing her position with confidence, but at the same time comes across as extremely approachable and, thankfully, is willing to call out bullshit in the industry and the community mere months before the release of one of its premier titles.

She's not "pandering" to any one demographic or financial base in any sense of the word, she actually has a life outside of the game, and she's, like, actually a good person! And she's one of the biggest names in Microsoft in general! It's one of those situations where I'm actually really pleased with how nice the devs are in this case, considering how many people out there put out good content only to turn out to be total jerks (such as the dude who made the Brutal Doom mod). I think it's especially important that she embraces having a life outside of work / Halo, too, because I feel like that type of thing was one of the major pitfalls of Bungie when they were working on some of their entries, more specifically Halo 2. I have to imagine her understanding that people need to do things rather than just be Halo drones 24/7 does a number in terms of improving the atmosphere of the workplace, too.

Yeah man bonnie is amazing. Always had good vibes from her in every video interview.

BraXzy

Is this you volunteering your spot?

Woah woah woah easy there tiger. G0SU actually said to me yesterday, and I quote:

"I would gladly give my spot in the company up without question for anyone better than I" *

Which equates to anything alive and playing Halo... So...

* Quote may not be entirely accurate.

Woah woah woah easy there tiger. G0SU actually said to me yesterday, and I quote:

"I would gladly give my spot in the company up without question for anyone better than I" *

Which equates to anything alive and playing Halo... So...

* Quote may not be entirely accurate.

I actually was going to say id do it. I mean he has history here with HaloGaf and i dont mind being cut to give glory to tashi.

It just means ill never get the helm lol its k. Ill do it.

Edit: tashi just confirmed the flood is back!!!!!!!
Jk im Just reading into his post too much haham

Nowise10

Still confused and disappointed we're getting a Torque remake in the "Memories of Reach" update

Noble teams armor is smexi as usual. Their is no Noble six helmet though :(

And why is the Sharktooth Grin Assault Rifle skin posted twice?

belushy

Banned
Other than the Reach armor this update is hardly a homage to Reach... The map isn't even a Reach map. Pretty disappointing.

Forge looks like it's getting some sweet updates though.

I'm trying to figure out what that weapon next to the brute plasma rifle is.

A rail gun maybe?

1 map this month, they're definitely not hitting the 15+ maps by June as previously stated

-Overgrowth
-Battle of Noctus
-Urban
-Riptide
-Torque
-Tyrant
-Skirmish at Darkstar
-Stasis

Are we going to see 7 maps in the next update? I doubt it.

Maybe the BTB maps?

Nowise10

1 map this month, they're definitely not hitting the 15+ maps by June as previously stated

-Overgrowth
-Battle of Noctus
-Urban
-Riptide
-Torque
-Tyrant
-Skirmish at Darkstar
-Stasis

Are we going to see 7 maps in the next update? I doubt it.

I am pretty sure they counted the forge maps in BTB towards that number

Top Bottom