• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dear 343,

If you're going to rob me of my Diamond or Onyx by giving me shit games to start and end my ranking process (including the servers shitting out and not recording two wins and also having quitters vs full teams, leading to multiple 1v4 situations) please have the common decency to match me with Platinums afterwards instead of taunting me with Diamond and Onyx opponents.

Sincerely,
TCKaos

And teaming me with plat and gold teammates. It's amazing how much better my experience is when I'm placed diamond as opposed to platinum. I still get suit on by teams of 4 from time to time, but I don't find I get as many clueless teammates which is the biggest source of my halo frustrations.

As long as we're complaining, I have to inform 343i, that in my expert judgment as a Geographer (MS '16., Ph.D. in progress), Mexico is not near Pennsylvania. It is in fact very far away.

Sanjuro

The entire game has awful spawns, your talking about Halo 5 right?

Single player?

I said lol because I legit thought there was a chance you were joking.

I think 'different strokes for different folks' will mean that each map is liked by someone. But I never thought I'd see someone claim the Molten is "great" when it's been pretty much panned by everyone I've come in contact with.

Opposite here. This is the first I've been hearing about it.

I like the variety on the separate platforms.

Tawpgun

Tashi/Frankie can you reset my MMR?

I got goosed in doubles, it's not very fun. I can't hang with the players I used to be able to at launch anymore.

Help.

Ryde3

Aiming with a mouse is a chore right now so controller is probably better, or at least less frustrating.

I'm having some serious adjustment issues!

sidenote: It is fun having skins and armor when it seems so many others don't atm on PC, I've consistency been the highest SR in lobbies.

Sanjuro

I need to play doubles more. It seems to be the gametype with the highest chance to have someone on a mic. I'm always paired with a little kid or someone who gives full play by play commentary.

-Ryn

Banned
What dark magic do I need to perform to play on some of these fancy new maps?? I played for hours last night and only came across launch maps.

My exact settings too.

Inner 0
Outer 3

*slow clap
9kLtRse.gif

...who are you
Oh sweet I thought you were dead or something

What happened?

Well either way more people playing Halo are Mexican or huge fans of Mexican culture than was previously known, or Halo 5 has a very loose idea of what constitutes a good connection

EDIT: I used to live in New Mexico, so playing with people from Mexico was pretty normal. But now I'm in Pennsylvania and playing with obvious Mexicans more than I ever did in when I was <100 miles from Cuidad Juarez.

We got a lot of Mexico servers last night. Like, a LOT. Laggy and just plain bad.

Well either way more people playing Halo are Mexican or huge fans of Mexican culture than was previously known, or Halo 5 has a very loose idea of what constitutes a good connection

EDIT: I used to live in New Mexico, so playing with people from Mexico was pretty normal. But now I'm in Pennsylvania and playing with obvious Mexicans more than I ever did in when I was <100 miles from Cuidad Juarez.

Weird well Halo it's one of the biggest and most popular gaming IPs here on Mexico so it's not strange to see a lot of Mexican Halo gamers, and regarding the internet connection yeah I have 41 MB for my upload and download speed which is a very good speed but not everyone here has that.

Weird well Halo it's one of the biggest and most popular gaming IPs here on Mexico so it's not strange to see a lot of Mexican Halo gamers, and regarding the internet connection yeah I have 41 MB for my upload and download speed which is a very good speed but not everyone here has that.

They were playing on Mexican Dedis, that was the problem..

Sai

I'm way up in Michigan, almost always use the Focused matchmaking preference, and I seem to run across players from Mexico a lot as well; especially Spartan Companies in Warzone.

I rarely experience any lag while playing with them though, so I can't really complain.

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:

Cr5AFzxVYAEhjvG.jpg:large

The dream. :O

Found by Gamecheat appareantly.
Ooh, nice!

I wonder if they're considering adding a Brute faction in Warzone Firefight.

It's just that to have such a large proportions of my games include people from Mexico when I'm surrounded by major US population centers (and more you have to go through to get to Mexico) is goddamn ridiculous. I should not be playing with people that far away that often.

I'm honestly wondering if my trip back home over the summer messed up location as far as Halo/Live knows.

Fuchsdh

I know, and that's really cool, but to have such a large proportions of my games include people from Mexico when I'm surrounded by major US population centers (and more you have to go through to get to Mexico) is goddamn ridiculous.

I'm honestly wondering if my trip back home over the summer messed up location as far as Halo/Live knows.

Come play Dota 2, and Peruvians will make you forget all about matching with Europeans or Mexicans.

There is no Dedis on Mexico?
My bad.

I play with Mexicans in Warzone too.. And Im from Portugal lol
Rip Europe

jNhdr0D.png

You connect to the US servers but yeah the latency becomes a problem, no problem my friend

I know, and that's really cool, but to have such a large proportions of my games include people from Mexico when I'm surrounded by major US population centers (and more you have to go through to get to Mexico) is goddamn ridiculous.

Yeah I understand don't worry

jNhdr0D.png

You connect to the US servers but yeah the latency becomes a problem, no problem my friend

Yeah I understand don't worry

Yeah, I was thinking there was one in DC/New York, just because that would actually make sense and be smart and stuff.

I'm guessing the games where the Power of Mexico is strong is probably when I'm hitting the South Central US server.

Hadn't played Halo 5 since last december I guess..

Tried one round of Warzone today. You'd have to fucking pay me if I were to ever play a game of Halo 5 multiplayer again. What the fuck happened to this game? Got dumped against what seemed to be a fully stacked team, got spawncamped from beginning till the end and they wouldn't even bother to take the core.

What in the living fuck are you supposed to do when you're against a stacked team (4 guys in their team had 40+ kills in no time) who insta spawnkill your ass with the most ridiculous weapons.

One round of Warzone had me more frustrated than the entirety of the BF1 beta. Man, what a shitshow. The game even stuttered as all hell too, what good does 60fps even do if the game jitters like a freaking madman and fucks up your aim the entire time.

Tried one round of Warzone today. You'd have to fucking pay me if I were to ever play a game of Halo 5 multiplayer again. What the fuck happened to this game? Got dumped against what seemed to be a fully stacked team, got spawncamped from beginning till the end and they wouldn't even bother to take the core.

What in the living fuck are you supposed to do when you're against a stacked team (4 guys in their team had 40+ kills in no time) who insta spawnkill your ass with the most ridiculous weapons.

One round of Warzone had me more frustrated than the entirety of the BF1 beta. Man, what a shitshow. The game even stuttered as all hell too, what good does 60fps even do if the game jitters like a freaking madman and fucks up your aim the entire time.

You missed out 8 months of content thus 8 months worth of REQ weapons, if I were you I'm not going to expect me doing that well against obviously experienced older players. But you do have a point in matchmaking being a huge mess matching solo players vs Teams. Also firefight is a thing, play that for warzone, Arena for PvP.

BTB pistol starts.

BradC00

warzone is trash. going up against a team of 4 in arena is hard enough, doing it against a team of 12 is trash tier match making. i instantly sell my warzone reqs since i'll never play that crap. if they ever do a duo queue like thing i might go back.

BizzyBum

Welcome back to Halo 5. If you're solo and face a team be prepared to have an awful time. Even Firefight is bad when you have an awful team.

BF1 was great so i dont agree with you. Needs gun balancing but overall, great game. Warzone i think we all agree needs work. Theyve clearly never made a big battle type game a la BF1 before other than maybe BTB which was brilliant before and they managed to completely fuck up now.

And whats worse is that they dont say shit about it. They act as if this is fun how it is. Ive been playing since launch and i still get wrecked 80% of the time. Im always on the shit team.

But hey, they make money off people buying packs so it must be working correctly, right??

Welcome back to Halo 5. If you're solo and face a team be prepared to have an awful time. Even Firefight is bad when you have an awful team.

Yup, solo. Wasn't that bad on release, but it was downright awful just now. So bad that it soured me on the prospect of even booting it up again in its entirety. I think it took the entirety of the opening 2 minutes for us to get pushed back into one base and get spawncamped for 15 min straight and I would have backed out on the spot if I didn't have a boost going on.

What a disaster.

BF1 was great so i dont agree with you. Needs gun balancing but overall, great game. Warzone i think we all agree needs work. Theyve clearly never made a big battle type game a la BF1 before other than maybe BTB which was brilliant before and they managed to completely fuck up now.

And whats worse is that they dont say shit about it. They act as if this is fun how it is. Ive been playing since launch and i still get wrecked 80% of the time. Im always on the shit team.

But hey, they make moeny off people buying packs so it must be working correctly, right??

I loved BF1. If they fix the memory leak, I am going to be picking it up for sure. Even if my team blew chunks at times, you could still get shit done on that game and even if that wasn't the case, at least it was pretty to look at. I mean, dying in (and I am not even kidding) a span of 5-10 seconds every single time without fail while nobody says a word in chat and the other team is obviously fully stacked, no thanks, not ever again.

Top Bottom