• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Because it wasn't ready. You can see that it's a very basic model and not really finished. It's probably missing animations, sounds and everything there else is that makes the weapons work.

Edit: Gamecheat just said "It's pretty much finished aside from HUD".

Oh well, at least we should eventually get it. Hopefully.

Imagine getting the Grenade Launcher in a future update, but losing it in Halo 6? With these new additions, Halo 6 cannot start over. It just can't.

Ya hear me Stinkles?!
Figure. It. Out.

Cranster

Banned
Imagine getting the Grenade Launcher in a future update, but losing it in Halo 6? With these new additions, Halo 6 cannot start over. It just can't.

Ya hear me Stinkles?!
Figure. It. Out.
Agreed.

The excuse for the lack of content at launch was that alot of time was spent remaking the engine, now that 343 Industries has got it running on current gen hardware there should be no excuses to have a barebones game content wise at launch since optimization of the current engine should take much less work than rebuilding one from scratch.

Ya hear me Stinkles?!
Figure. It. Out.

Fuck yeah I agree Halo 5 needs to be the template for the future of multiplayer in the franchise, they seriously can't start all over again on Halo 6 they really can't do that.

-Ryn

Banned
Where does good fall on the perfect or complete shit scale? Tell me more about this good.
It hemorrhages fun with a hint of shit. So while it's great at parties, be sure to bring protection.

This dude get it |
V

When you're not dealing with armor lock, absolutely. Love me some Reach. It also had my favorite OST, and prior to Halo 5, my favorite campaign levels. It's also really good at communicating a consistent "mood".

I think it's like... an 8.8. Or something. I thought all games were either awful, which is a 7 or 8, decent, which is a 9, or perfect, which is a 10.

All games I like deserve a 10.
Armor lock was hilarious in a lot of situations. Unfortunately the hilarity tended to give way to frustration when things got competitive. Which happens a lot. Halo.

Right there with ya on the soundtrack too. My biggest criticisms of Reach would probably go to the campaign. It hit some nice notes but fell flat on a lot of others. Like the
deaths

Well hush my mouth. Thanks for the clarification ExWife.

that xb1 backwards compatibility slideshow framerate tho
Try playing a match online and it's lovely friend "Input Lag" joins in on the fun.

And here it is:
Cr8z7ZuWIAA1edo.jpg:large
tumblr_lqe9q5iZjT1qafrh6.jpg

Xbox or PC?

PC?

I'm down.

[DrDecoy]

Speaking of armor lock, I kind of hope they bring back armor abilities (minus camo obviously) but as power pick ups only (no loadout bullshit). I miss using Reach's jetpack and evade.

Also because we can then replicate this beauty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROYevjLS7-I

invite me moose!!!

just send me an invite, i'll be playing team arena til it's setup

Sorry, PC.

We have 3 people right now, I'll start at 3v3.

Magwik

Banned
I sure hope Reach gets bundled with Halo 3 anniversary if that happens. That's the one game that I don't think would really benefit at all from a remaster. Just bump the res and fps really.

Reach is a good game
Man when Foege launched the other day I was in group of people who said they wanted loadouts from halo 4 back. I'll take Reach over that any day :p

The Grenade Launcher is the best brand new weapon in Halo since the original magnum. That and the Sentinel Beam are going to be huge assets to the 2v2 sandbox.

Ouch, first game of vs Warzone I've played in a while and we got farmed big time. Is this a regular occurrence now? Or was this just bad luck?

Game ended 1000 - 182

Game really needs a "vote to concede" option.

If I'm in 4v4 and 3 of my team mates drop out, I'd like to just concede. If we're playing Warzone and other team refuse to destroy our core, let me concede. Because I won't quit out of some strange sense of principle about dropping out of online games. But honourable defeat isn't something I have a problem with.

Game really needs a "vote to concede" option.

If I'm in 4v4 and 3 of my team mates drop out, I'd like to just concede. If we're playing Warzone and other team refuse to destroy our core, let me concede. Because I won't quit out of some strange sense of principle about dropping out of online games. But honourable defeat isn't something I have a problem with.

this, this, THIS.

been plagued with quitters in team arena recently, really effed over my placement matches.

a concede option would help fix a lot of my issues with matchmaking.

Who'd have thought that mouse aim would've made me more likely to get shot in the head by Moose?

Seriously though, I could've sworn Empire was deliberately spawning him behind me. I was spawn killed at least four times.

Finally was able to get my pc updated to anniversary and im downloading the halo 5 forge app now. lol....

oh what a long day.

noone would invite me anyway..... =(

So I thought UWP was suppose to make stuff like this pretty hard? Could this lead to actual decent mods, I'd love to be able to spawn AI and stuff.

So I thought UWP was suppose to make stuff like this pretty hard? Could this lead to actual decent mods, I'd love to be able to spawn AI and stuff.

Came here to ask just this. Read something that may be relevent to it here. It's gibberish to me, but hopefully it means something on that front.

Ya hear me Stinkles?!
Figure. It. Out.

Halo 5 has what, 26 maps now (including canvasses)? 343i should just bring it all forward.

26+ Halo 5 maps, and 10+ new maps; hell, perhaps Halo 3 Anniversary's Multiplayer proponent will simply be a big Halo 5 map pack - include those as well.

Halo 6 could be damn chock-full with content. The potential is there for 343i to provide a downright silly amount of content, with well over 35 (perhaps even 40) maps.

343N

Neo Member
apparently the gamemodes are coded in lua and aren't checked or compiled or anything so mabye CUSTOM GAMETYPES?

Top Bottom