• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

26+ Halo 5 maps, and 10+ new maps; hell, perhaps Halo 3 Anniversary's Multiplayer proponent will simply be a big Halo 5 map pack - include those as well.

I wouldn't mind if I got to retain all my neat stuff from Halo 5 into H3A multiplayer, as long as the Halo 3 rules were maintained, just like Halo Reach did for Halo CEA multiplayer. No sprinting, thrusters, or stabilizers. Only Halo 3 weaponry on the maps. No dual-wielding, though; that decision neutered the SMG, magnum and countless other weapons.

I'd play a schlode of that.

The second I start to do ok, I get this crap. But it was a close game! Fuck off with that shit. It wasn’t even a low level Champion either, dude was 15 and the Onyxes were +2000 going against Diamonds and unranked.

Screenshot-Original.png

Then the next game I get crap like this. Who made this matchmaking? Does it only work in extremes or something?

The second I start to do ok, I get this crap. But it was a close game! Fuck off with that shit. It wasn’t even a low level Champion either, dude was 15 and the Onyxes were +2000 going against Diamonds and unranked.

Then the next game I get crap like this. Who made this matchmaking? Does it only work in extremes or something?

I don't really need to go on my tirade about matchmaking again. Arena matchmaking is an embarrassment to the franchise as a whole, and needs to be worked on, big time.

I don't really need to go on my tirade about matchmaking again. Arena matchmaking is an embarrassment to the franchise as a whole, and needs to be worked on, big time.

That's not much better for me. I was like hey I'm going to play some WZA to get some vehicle coms and play around with the new pistols! The other team had two 150s and their lowest person was a 140, so it was quite obvious a party while my team was a bunch of ~50s. They purposely let us take the first two so they could just farm longer. They had like six banshees up at once.

Oh, they put the PC back on Riptide, that's nice.

It doesn't work at all, under any scenario.

It's very poorly implemented and has been since day 1.

That pc data mining was cool at first but now I'm a little saddened by it. The wasp was cool cause it was like a sneak peak (like when the brute plasma rifles were in the req store for a couple of minutes) but damn want those reveals as surprises (if they do become a full thing and please God do). Just seems like it's knowing full well want presents you will get for Christmas. It's still cool as hell but not as cool when you find out as soon as you open it.

Akai__

I'll join up

EDIT: you bastard, you edited it haha

Sorry. Hope you could still join others.

That pc data mining was cool at first but now I'm a little saddened by it. The wasp was cool cause it was like a sneak peak (like when the brute plasma rifles were in the req store for a couple of minutes) but damn want those reveals as surprises (if they do become a full thing and please God do). Just seems like it's knowing full well want presents you will get for Christmas. It's still cool as hell but not as cool when you find out as soon as you open it.

Data Miners will find this stuff if it's there. Gotta make sure you remove all of the code that isn't suited for the public yet.

I find it highly intereting what people have found in just 1 day, but I also do understand that it ruins the surprise for us and for 343i.

The Grunt Mech boss on Apex 7 is almost tolerable now. Almost. I actually had a team that was able to beat him and the Mythic Hunters that spawn after him today. First time I've managed that.

Data Miners will find this stuff if it's there. Gotta make sure you remove all of the code that isn't suited for the public yet.

I find it highly intereting what people have found in just 1 day, but I also do understand that it ruins the surprise for us and for 343i.

Yeah I understand and it's not really their fault for doing so. Just like you said it ruins the surprise and I would of preferred it if they would of kept all of it to their selfs. 343i works hard to create these things and I would think part of the pay off is finally releasing it and surprising fans.

Only thing I hope now from it is a type of brute themed map. also don't know how many slayer matches I've played but I have yet to get white cell or mercy.

Sanjuro

Figured I would mess with the controller settings for the first time since launch. Ended up putting the dead zones at 0%. Raised the accel acceleration a bit higher, and now I'm in that stage where I'm not sure if it's hurting or helping my play.

Also, Haven is a pretty good Doubles map.

syko de4d

i like what i have played on pc but it is pretty hard to find players as a german/eu player :/

I hope the server browser is not to far away

Trup1aya

I'm the kid who always tried to figure out what I was getting for Christmas... It actually made me MORE excited for the big day... Probably upset my parents though...

That's probably how 343 feels...

Unless they assumed the mining would occur, and left crumbs.

They go too far we won't be seeing halo 6 on PC.

I can't see a little data mining and modding scaring them away from their initiative. It's to be expected when you are on PC.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Man I love killing enemies who are being assassinated, it really pisses off certain players, and they start trying to betray you

Can't install H5F on PC because my wireless connector (a Linksys USB dongle because the internal Wi-Fi is busted) isn't compatable with the Win. 10 Anniversary Update. Great way to start my day!

wwm0nkey

Yea there's no way I'm doing this even if I do want higher FoV.

I haven't gotten to actually play games on H5 PC yet tho :(

I only did it to see if it messed up smart scope like the filter did, thankfully it does not so it will probably be coming in the next update. I don't know nearly enough about cheat engine to do anything else with it so I removed it already.

You should join the Discord then
lots of games going on all the time

This is the most recent one on his channel. Mainly talks about the AA Wraith and the Hannibal Wasp but you can see some AI in there too.

https://youtu.be/xylShYyg4Vw

Why are we not talking about this instead? AA Wraith is back!!

Fuck yeah I agree Halo 5 needs to be the template for the future of multiplayer in the franchise, they seriously can't start all over again on Halo 6 they really can't do that.

really getting sick of the "lets gut everything and start over" mentality each Halo game has. they have a PERFECT engine and multiplayer now, fucking stick with it. everything here from now until Halo 5 sunsets should be all standard in the next halo game, no more re-implementing!

As long as they can improve the graphics(textures) and lighting, I'm all for using the same engine. Love me halo 5 60fps mp.

Mmmm so good .gif

NOKYARD

So Gamecheat posted a vid spawning basic AI in Forge and Tom French replied.

They were in the dev build i was using at 343i one year ago. It was a simple button combo which dropped them from the sky into Forge mode. No real AI though, they just stood there looking around but would light up your reticle when aimed at. Good for laying out sight-lines.

Fuchsdh

Man I love killing enemies who are being assassinated, it really pisses off certain players, and they start trying to betray you

If I want to kill them, I can't. If I don't mean to, I'll kill them without fail.

But really it seems like people pick the absolute worst times to try and go for style points. There are two other guys behind you I'm trying to shoot at, thanks.

BizzyBum

If it makes anyone feel better, Overwatch is another game where playing solo is terrible, probably even more so since people need to fill roles.

Mr. Sam

I'm back in Halo 5 after a long hiatus and man, it is rough! There's the odd game where I go +12 on K/D but otherwise it's been a slog, particularly due to being unused to maps and weapon placements. What's the easiest way to play with GAFers? It'd be nice to play with a team that actually co-ordinates.

I love doing this. Usually I will crouch dance after doing so. Usually the appropriate response is a solid melee hit.

Y-- you're a monster!

Apparently the new Brute weapons are very WIP. They don't have their own models yet (gattling gun is just a Hunter arm right now). Very interesting.

Ok, totally skipped Warzone and went for a game of BTB. First time playing BTB on Halo 5 mind you.

It was actually quite.. alright, somewhat fun even. Had a blast when I picked up the CE Pistol on the map and went to town with it.

Shame that BTB seems to continue with one of my biggest MP pet peeves, it's either forge or UNSC industrial based.

Sanjuro

I'm back in Halo 5 after a long hiatus and man, it is rough! There's the odd game where I go +12 on K/D but otherwise it's been a slog, particularly due to being unused to maps and weapon placements. What's the easiest way to play with GAFers? It'd be nice to play with a team that actually co-ordinates.

Y-- you're a monster!

I'm always having fun with the game. If it's a situation where the team is getting destroyed then I normally don't.

The real monsters are those "teammates" who open fire on you once your shields are down every time and finish you off for the enemy for the entire duration of the game.

Top Bottom