• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Not trying to be that guy, but the brute files could just be work-in-progress things that may not even be in a future update.

Grenade launcher, Sentinal, and Hannibal wasp are pretty much guaranteed since the models are done, and they even have smart scope animations finished

For the first time ever I have a massive backlog of high quality anticipated games: doom, alien isolation, deus ex, and mirrors edge. all because halo 5 is still do damn good. I just can't get enough of this. Anytime I have to game I'd rather play this than anything else. Kudos 343.

Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Bayonetta, Nuka World (which isn't even that good)...

And then there's Rise of Iron next week, Gears 4 three weeks after that, and then it's just a nightmare for my wallet.

But I'll just play more Halo 5.

They brought us the Gravity Hammer and the Brute Plasma Rifle
(quite interesting that it was the Brute variant now that we know this, isn't it?)
, so far. They don't neccessarily need Brute AI for Warzone, although A LOT people would probably love that. Adding Brutes will certainly be a complex task for 343i, if they ever decide to add them, since they never had them in their games.

I'm a little scared of how 343i's Brutes will look like anyways. After seeing what they have done to Grunts/Jackals, I can't feel otherwise. Whatever they do, I hope Brutes aren't reskinned Elites gameplay-wise, as Brutes should behave and feel differently.

Your post was okay until the very last part with MCC v2.0. It's dead and it probably won't be touched ever again. You got to ask yourself these questions:

- Will 343i/MS Studios waste ressources again on a project that is pretty much an unsalvageable mess?
- Would releasing a MCC v2.0 make sense for both 343i and MS Studios from a business perspective?
- Will they hire an other dev to do that? Since it would be a 2017 release and Halo 6 will most likely release in 2018.
- What dev wants to be associated with the MCC, after all that happened?

MCC is Halos legacy. They better damn fix that fucking game

MCC is Halos legacy. They better damn fix that fucking game

I doubt they are going to fix it. We are coming up on year two now.

I like how the released one new map for it. lmao

latest

Chittagong

Gold Member

And then there's Rise of Iron next week, Gears 4 three weeks after that, and then it's just a nightmare for my wallet.

The thing is, Slayer is so damn good that after 240h of game time I haven't tried Warzone even once. Not one time.

Should I...?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Yup. The only game that took some time away from halo was dirt rally. What a game. I'll get back into that someday :)

Battlefield 4 came out same year these consoles did, broken as fuck, still getting updates to this day.

Yeah, but that is DICE. They actually fixed their game and it became great. However, they also had a season pass. So they kind of had to fix it or the backlash would have been insane.

When it comes to MCC, I don't think they really know how to fix it or it's not worth the effort.

Yeah, but that is DICE. They actually fixed their game and it became great. However, they also had a season pass. So they kind of had to fix it or the backlash would have been insane.

When it comes to MCC, I don't think they really know how to fix it or it's not worth the effort.

So they built a game that they then we're unsure how to fix? Promising future.

Trup1aya

I think Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 might FINALLY pry me away from Halo 5...

I have a long backlog of Current Gen and back compat titles that I'll probably never get around to thanks to 343.

So they built a game that they then we're unsure how to fix? Promising future.

They released a number of updates and it really never got fixed. It got better, but it's still bad, so there is probably something fundamentally wrong with the game. They probably could fix it with enough time and effort. However, they just pretty much moved on to H5. I'd love for them to fix MCC, H2A was such wasted potential.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I think Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 might FINALLY pry me away from Halo 5...

I don't have a long backlog of Current Gen and back compat titles that I'll probably never get around to thanks to 343.

I'll play horizon 3 between bouts of halo. It'll complement it till I get tired of it. Then back to halo full stop. All hail our created overlords

They released a number of updates and it really never got fixed. It got better, but it's still bad, so there is probably something fundamentally wrong with the game. They probably could fix it with enough time and effort. However, they just pretty much moved on to H5. I'd love for them to fix MCC, H2A was such wasted potential.

Well to me, that is the difference between a good developer and a great developer. These guys are far from great. Releasing a broken game and then giving up on it is an insult to its fans.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
As far as the campaign goes the MCC delivered for me so it was far from the worst release in history. I've played E.T..

Did they fix the Spawns tho?

On another note, today is the first day I reported someone on my team. They did nothing but Spartan charge us and throw grenades where we were going.

Seen so much green on my screen, I just had to. Eff that guy.

I report and block everyone that quits. lol

For the first time ever I have a massive backlog of high quality anticipated games: doom, alien isolation, deus ex, and mirrors edge. all because halo 5 is still do damn good. I just can't get enough of this. Anytime I have to game I'd rather play this than anything else. Kudos 343.

yup.

TF1 on PC did this to me for over a year, then H5 came out and it's caused a huge backlog to develop.

properly addicted to this shit.

Trup1aya

Haha Found this on reddit. Suddenly the change in artstyle between Bungie and 343i doesn't bother me as much.

Edit:

Lol more data mines goodness. seriously, how could they have planned to use this line?

First time playing H5 in a while. So good.

Started on a loss too. Just like always :D

Strider RIP

Hearthstone skill doesn't carry over to Halo.
Neither does OW.

However, I’m glad I hit Onyx because now I don’t give a fuck. Lose, bad matchmaking, or whatever. I’ll never get to Champion so there is no since in worrying about that. And I don’t care if I’m a 1500 or 1800; it makes no difference to me. Now I can just focus on enjoying the gameplay, which is why I continue to play this game so much.

Haha Found this on reddit. Suddenly the change in artstyle between Bungie and 343i doesn't bother me as much.

Edit:

Lol more data mines goodness. seriously, how could they have planned to use this line?

That's dialogue from Dimkee Hotay, a Grunt sitting next to an Elite on one of those non-combat levels. It's already in the game, but whether you hear it or not is entirely dependent on whether or not you have the patience to wait for it. Dimkee has a lot of dialogue.

Strider

Neither does OW.

However, I’m glad I hit Onyx because now I don’t give a fuck. Lose, bad matchmaking, or whatever. I’ll never get to Champion so there is no since in worrying about that. And I don’t care if I’m a 1500 or 1800; it makes no difference to me. Now I can just focus on enjoying the gameplay, which is why I continue to play this game so much.

Hearthstone skill? That's a thing??!?

And yea I'm just joking around about losing lol

So happy I'm playing H5 again tho. I'm gonna be using the discord a good bit I think. Thanks for the link wwm0nkey

Neither does OW.

Congrats bro!! Teach meeeeeeeeee!!!

Nice detailing, but needs more color.

Idk it looks perfectly fine and from a gameplay perspective makes characters stand out. One of my problems with some of the colors of halo is that characters blend into the map or are harder to notice. It's the worst with torque and that's my main problem with that map. Torque looks amazing but is way too bright still and blue I feel like has an advantage, especially in swat.

Overwatch has been the only game to pry me from Halo 5, and much of that is because I prefer to play on PC.

Halo 6 on PC though... God damn... Going to invest so much of my life in it.

Overwatch has been the only game to pry me from Halo 5, and much of that is because I prefer to play on PC.

Halo 6 on PC though... God damn... Going to invest so much of my life in it.

I’m actually kind of over OW now. It’s too team based for me. Like Halo is pretty team based, however one person can carry and change the game. Not so much in OW, it’s too dependent on your team. Even if you’re an amazing player you can’t really “carry.” So it actually frustrates me more than Halo. In Halo if we are losing, I can generally look at myself and know I need to step it up. In OW you could play perfectly and still lose because it’s so team ordinated.

mcrommert

Banned
I doubt they are going to fix it. We are coming up on year two now.

I like how the released one new map for it. lmao

latest

They have refused to say they are only doing playlist updates. I will continue to believe they aren't stupid enough to leave it as is. Hopefully I'm not the stupid one.

Cranster

Banned
So is the Warden Slayer commendation glitched? I killed a bunch of Wardens in Firefight today but for some reason the Commendation isn't progressing.

So is the Warden Slayer commendation glitched? I killed a bunch of Wardens in Firefight today but for some reason the Commendation isn't progressing.

You have to get the final shot. Participating in killing him gets you the medal, but not the credit. It is the most frustrating thing in the world, especially since Warden slays are all I have left for Enemy commendations.

Kibbles

Finally got some actual games in on PC and I'm convinced controller on PC feels better than on Xbone, same settings :S I wish Matchmaking Warzone was on here, would love to just keep playing on PC lol

Top Bottom