• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Just wanted to come in here and say again that spawns are broken on Pegasus II. Playing snipers and sniping people as they spawn in at the old OS location from the ramp that was added to that carbine room is a great way to guarantee a victory. Just went 24-3 doing it. 2 overkills/exterminations because they just kept spawning right in front me as I'm scoped in.

Is anyone else getting crazy amounts of server issues lately?

I'm talking like minute plus times to delete a req, it'll get you to a matched game but kick you before you load into the map, AI teleports but players don't.

Yeah we've had oodles of problems getting stuck in the black load screen and getting dropped, splitting our party.

ay ya'll niggas remember halo 4?

image.php

Wil348

I just got an XB1 for Christmas along with Halo 5, but most of my Xbox friends from back in the 360 days have jumped ship to PS4, so I don't really have any Halo buds now. Would anyone be up for playing sometime? I just play casually, I'm not good at the game haha. Preferred modes so far are Slayer and Infection, but I'm happy to try anything. Forge is fun too.

Gamertag is ItZ WiLz XD (I've had this Gamertag for a long time and I hate it)

I just got an XB1 for Christmas along with Halo 5, but most of my Xbox friends from back in the 360 days have jumped ship to PS4, so I don't really have any Halo buds now. Would anyone be up for playing sometime? I just play casually, I'm not good at the game haha. Preferred modes so far are Slayer and Infection, but I'm happy to try anything. Forge is fun too.

I'll add ya. HaloGAF always has an opening. I'll invite you to the Club too so you can see when others are on.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
My new years resolution is to try and actually play with people rather than always lone wolfing it. If you see me online, send invites. Even if in the past ive ignored them. LoopOfHenle. Nutters, where you at?

Ill play with you.

op_ivy

Say whatever else you want

BTB was fun in H4.

H5 BTB :(

While h5 btb fucking blows, pistol starts for christ's sake, halo 4's wasnt exactly the series peak with its plasma pistol starts and infinity lameness.

Strider

While h5 btb fucking blows, pistol starts for christ's sake, halo 4's wasnt exactly the series peak with its plasma pistol starts and infinity lameness.

this is just my pleb opinion.

But BTB on those bigger maps with no sprint fuckin sucks. H4 was my favorite BTB.

Bu that's just me.

Carry on.

To be fair, it wasn't always custom loadouts/Infinity settings. They eventually restricted it to specific loadouts with just the different rifles.

Nowise10

Say whatever else you want

BTB was fun in H4.

H5 BTB :(

Vehicle combat (AKA BTB) was utter crap in Halo 4. Spawning with Plasma Pistols and plasma grenades and DMR's and having warthogs and vehicles being made of paper mache was terrible.

It's just the fact Halo 5 did not focus on BTB at all, a fundamental experience too Halo, while Halo 4 did throughout its life is what makes it better then Halo 5's.

H5 BTB is a few tweaks from greatness at this point, imo. Swap BR starts for pistol starts, up vehicle health a little bit, and tighten the quality controls on the maps (while simultaneously introducing the more high-quality community maps that're out there) and boom. Maybe not best-in-series, but very very good.

Oh, also, nerf the damn banshee. Take away the bomb at least, make it an air-superiority fighter first and foremost. Wasp should be filling the ground-attack role.

op_ivy

H5 BTB is a few tweaks from greatness at this point, imo. Swap BR starts for pistol starts, up vehicle health a little bit, and tighten the quality controls on the maps (while simultaneously introducing the more high-quality community maps that're out there) and boom. Maybe not best-in-series, but very very good.

Oh, also, nerf the damn banshee. Take away the bomb at least, make it an air-superiority fighter first and foremost. Wasp should be filling the ground-attack role.

Honestly think pistol starts alone would make it great

Strider

Honestly think pistol starts alone would make it great

Yep.

I mean IMO take out the banshees (because they gonna be OP as shit with just pistols) and then fix the framerate issues too then it's hands down better than H4 btb.
honestly just fuck banshees tho lol

but pistol starts alone would make it better than h4... Sad they wont change it :(

mo60

It took over a year.

But I finally got a damn perfection in this game.

Orion II is an ok map now guys

Congrats. The closest I ever came to a perfection in halo 5 was some random match in team slayer were my team won 50- -2. I got 19 kills in that match and died twice because I was not really playing risky and just aiming to finish that match as soon as possible. The enemy team was betraying each other like crazy in that match. I never came close to getting a perfection again after that match even though I played in a few matches were I got above 15 kills but died between 3 and 5 times.

jem0208

I haven't found social to be sweaty at all.

Then again because it's social I don't actually care about my win percentage...

Trup1aya

This. Not sure why people think Social means easy victories.

If you constantly play sweatily you'll end up with sweaty opponents.

If you want to relax, then relax.

op_ivy

Its so hot or cold. Some evenings im literally stomped on every match by teams for some of the worst halo. other nights its much more relaxed.

Trup1aya

Lol and here lies the problem.

People claim they want a mode where they can chill... but they go in expecting a 60%+ win percentage or better... then they get frustrated when they match up with people who have that same expectation.

I don't go into social to pub stomp. I don't care about win% or k/d. I go in to warm up my shot and play without pressure. And i'm always able to do so.

Everyone who complains about social being sweaty IS THE CAUSE of the sweatiness.

op_ivy

People claim they want a mode where they can chill... but they go in expecting a 60%+ win percentage or better... then they get frustrated when they match up with people who have that same expectation.

I don't go into social to pub stomp. I don't care about win% or k/d. I go in to warm up my shot and play without pressure. And i'm always able to do so.

Everyone who complains about social being sweaty IS THE CAUSE of the sweatiness.

You had me till that last statement. The cause of sweatiness continues to be the lack of solo players matching solo players and teams matching teams.

hehehehehehehehe

Well so far, even when i play with a dgaf attitude, here are my findings;

Randoms match up and stomp opposing team - yay not sweaty!
Randoms match up and have a close game - well, that was a bit sweaty, i had to play a little harder for the win. GGs
Randoms match up and we get obliterated - ugh, why am i being matched up with people way out of my league! that wasn't fun and it was way to sweaty.

a vicious cycle

With my personal play-style, the only playlist i actually play and don't care at all is WZ/BTB/WZ FF (depending on the boost i am using)

XNarte

Finally playing a bit again since I took a break from Halo in the spring. I'm sad to say that I still can't find a 100% comfortable aiming scheme. I tweak and test so many options and I feel the most comfortable with the inner deadzone at 0% and outer deadzone at 15% (which is what I found when they first gave the ability to tweak parameters), but i still struggle with my tighter, smaller aiming, especially when scoped, like when trying to land each shot as a head shot. And forget sniper rifle in this game, I can't even manage.

I know the older Halos had very forgiving auto aim, but it's upsetting that this is the first Halo where I just can't seem to keep a bead on opponents' heads. The amount of times I've been perfect killed when I am strafing, ducking and all the usual tactics while I can barely land 2 or 3 head shots is crazy. I love what they've done with 5 but as a Halo Player from day 1, I just can't seem to get a grasp on the finer aiming, which is the keystone that crumbles the entire experience every time I play. :( I host halo LAN parties a few times a year and still kick ass in all the past games, so I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone sometimes.

Karl2177

hehehehehehehehe

Randoms match up and have a close game - well, that was a bit sweaty, i had to play a little harder for the win. GGs
Randoms match up and we get obliterated - ugh, why am i being matched up with people way out of my league! that wasn't fun and it was way to sweaty.

a vicious cycle

With my personal play-style, the only playlist i actually play and don't care at all is WZ/BTB/WZ FF (depending on the boost i am using)
I think some of this is because the outcome of Arena matches are more important than the outcome of Warzone matches. A player has more of an impact on these matches and the idea of pulling your weight is reflected in the score more. So I think quite a few people want social to be something where they can play shitty and still pull out a win. When I play social, I just go for kills. Winning is nice, but I pretty much expect my teammates to be the type of people that have 27 thumbs and no right hand.

Trup1aya

You had me till that last statement. The cause of sweatiness continues to be the lack of solo players matching solo players and teams matching teams.

Well yeah that too.

But if you are playing to stomp, you're gonna frequently get matched with other players who are playing too stomp. And rather than a stomping, you'll get a competive match

hehehehehehehehe

a vicious cycle

Isn't that how is supposed to be? Sometimes your random team will destroy, sometimes it'll be close, sometimes you'll get destroyed. That's the nature of having looser mmr restrictions.

It seems that people have this sentiment that social should mean they'll go in an dominate most of the time. If that were the case, then for other people social would mean getting dominated all the time and that wouldn't be fun for them. It really ought to be a mixed experience, and if people actually relaxed their expectations, it would be.

Fuchsdh

It took over a year.

But I finally got a damn perfection in this game.

Orion II is an ok map now guys
Haha almost had a perfection while playing with GAF but while everyone was stomping the other team the one competent player snuck up behind me and took me out.

Still only have a single career perfection from camping the shit out of the sniper in a Hemorrage game in Reach.

op_ivy

While i have no recollection of it, halo tracker shows me with a perfection :D

You know ... after all this time i still cannot pin my customization to something i absolutely like.

I thought i would be in love with WRATH or Shinobi, but now that i look at them.... i don't even want them equipped anymore.

i'm constantly trying to switch between each match to something i think looks cool. i gave up on the armor so i went with NIGHTFALL because a big majority of people wont have it. So now im in this forever quest of swapping out my helm ...

didn't someone say they outsourced these customized pieces to third parties? I miss some of that bungie art man.... made me feel good about choosing an armor piece!

Trup1aya

You know ... after all this time i still cannot pin my customization to something i absolutely like.

I thought i would be in love with WRATH or Shinobi, but now that i look at them.... i don't even want them equipped anymore.

i'm constantly trying to switch between each match to something i think looks cool. i gave up on the armor so i went with NIGHTFALL because a big majority of people wont have it. So now im in this forever quest of swapping out my helm ...

didn't someone say they outsourced these customized pieces to third parties? I miss some of that bungie art man.... made me feel good about choosing an armor piece!

They did, and they should have kept the receipts

Top Bottom