• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Strider

"Champions" queueing with bronze smurfs...

That's just sad man.

Bujt it does point out the biggest flaw in the ranking system IMO. I'vce said since day 1 they should go the dota 2 route and people should have a different rank for solo and party queue.

It's about damn time

KxhmfiT.png

Welcome to the other side, friend

I..... I don't know what's worse:
Posting a game against nublords to prove "carrying"
OR​
Busting out the johns over said game lmao​
HaloGAF, folks.

What's worse?

Can't do good against nublords?
I found Nutter's response funny lol. I looked at your post, saw the 50-20 and thought, "Nutter doesn't even have to explain that one lol. I would've been playing with my toes if I matched against those players too."

But then his response was essentially, "Well, I did better earlier!"
So I guess you were carrying after all.

Nutter

I found Nutter's response funny lol. I looked at your post, saw the 50-20 and thought, "Nutter doesn't even have to explain that one lol. I would've been playing with my toes if I matched against those players too."

But then his response was essentially, "Well, I did better earlier!"
So I guess you were carrying after all.
Eh you got me.

People often complain that social is still full of try hard when 95% of our games last night could have been played with my feet and still we would have won.

I just wanted to make fun of FAT.

Eh you got me.

People often complain that social is still full of try hard when 95% of our games last night could have been played with my feet and still we would have won.

I just wanted to make fun of FAT.

I think the issue that's triggering folks is that (with a few exceptions) they're used to playing mostly people at their middle to low skill barrier, then go to social to relax or whatever and they match people with higher skills because the matching is looser, so from that perspective there's *even more* sweaty matches.

The flip side, of course, is that onyx-y types are matching folks at their skill level often too, so it often feels no different than ranked matches.

To your point, though, I think there was maybe 1 match last night where I even was concentrating.

any map with frame rate issues should be removed imo, it not acceptable.
It's not like Pegasus and Orion are great maps, quite the opposite... so just remove them!

jem0208

Yo. Just got into multiplayer in this game. Is unlocking helmets and stuff for my character all random or what?
Pretty much.

There is an optimal system though, start with bronze packs until you finish common stuff then move onto silvers until you finish rares and then start golds.

Akai__

Yo. Just got into multiplayer in this game. Is unlocking helmets and stuff for my character all random or what?

Everything is random, except for a coupple Emblems that you unlock through Commendations. You should buy only Silver packs, because they will guarantee you 2 permament unlocks every time + the chance of an Emblem in the 3rd slot. Do that until you are getting REQ points back from Silver packs, instead of unlocks. Then you can move on to Gold packs. It will be a very long grind, considering that they added much REQ stuff since release. Also, you can keep track of your progress on https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/requisitions/categories/customization?ownedOnly=False

You can also get additional REQ packs from:

- Daily Log-In packs
- winning an Arena and Warzone match every day
- playing/completing a coupple of Warzone Firefight matches

J-Roderton

Everything is random, except for a coupple Emblems that you unlock through Commendations. You should buy only Silver packs, because they will guarantee you 2 permament unlocks every time + the chance of an Emblem in the 3rd slot. Do that until you are getting REQ points back from Silver packs, instead of unlocks. Then you can move on to Gold packs. It will be a very long grind, considering that they added much REQ stuff since release. Also, you can keep track of your progress on Halowaypoint.com

You can also get additional REQ packs from:

- Daily Log-In packs
- winning an Arena and Warzone match every day
- playing/completing a coupple of Warzone Firefight matches

Perfect. Thanks.

Unless the change to add emblems as the third slot doesn't apply to Bronze packs, you should stick with the path of Bronze -> Silver -> Gold to maximize RP. Some may note how they frequently received packs without unlocks in Bronze packs, but that appears to be the minority from what I've seen others claim. A majority of my Bronze packs had two unlocks (they later updated packs to guarantee three unlocks: first two slots being weapons/armor/vehicles with the third reserved for emblems), so once I finished with the Commons and received RP back in Bronze, I then moved on to Silver.

So if that still holds true, without a doubt Bronze -> Silver -> Gold is your best bet imo. Do the math, it makes sense. Why waste RP on Silvers for Commons when you can clean those out with packs for 1/4th the price with Bronze? Say even worst case scenario where you don't receive any unlocks from a single Bronze pack, you can sell everything and almost earn enough RP to buy back that Bronze pack, whereas Silvers are 4 times the price.

I hope that made sense lol.
I won't get duplicates for armor, visors, etc?

The one less offensive thing in H5's unlock system, at least compared to Gears 4 lol.

Ade

Anyone getting randomly booted from games online? I just lost connection to local network or something.... and got booted to the menu

Frequently recently yes. Having a hard time working out if it's me or them though as everything works fine seconds later

Frequently recently yes. Having a hard time working out if it's me or them though as everything works fine seconds later

I dunno, ive never had this problem before. Only thing i changed was going from wireless to wired. Good ports are open too. This is the only game that this happens to me too.

Trup1aya

While there is a slight chance that the silver>gold route will be cheaper, the safest bet is to go bronze>silver>gold

Inevitably, you'll get a bunch of silver packs that only get you bronze level unlocks...this wasting your RP.

Has everyone seen this map?me thinks, I'd play the hell out of BTB if this was in heavy rotation.

It's easy on the eyes and has fun sight lines and vehicles

https://youtu.be/OpXULTTL_2M

jem0208

While there is a slight chance that the silver>gold route will be cheaper, the safest bet is to go bronze>silver>gold

Inevitably, you'll get a bunch of silver packs that only get you bronze level unlocks...this wasting your RP.

Has everyone seen this map?me thinks, I'd play the hell out of BTB if this was in heavy rotation.

That looks fantastic, except for the one UNSC themed base. Seems really out of place to me.

looks quite fun.

i didnt know that MS was going to have games enabled with dolby atmos, or atleast support that audio codec for games, starting 2017. So i can fully expect the next halo game to be dolby atmos. aw yiss. i cant wait!

i didnt know that MS was going to have games enabled with dolby atmos, or atleast support that audio codec for games, starting 2017. So i can fully expect the next halo game to be dolby atmos. aw yiss. i cant wait!

Halo 6 with 4K HDR Dolby Atmos support only for Xbox Scorpio and Windows 10

BELIEVE

Top Bottom