• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Theres quite a few turds but also a good enough number i like to swap around.

Fuchsdh

Like what started with Reach, the problem is that there's so many sets and it's hard to sort them that a lot of the good armor (and there are tons of good sets) are hidden and hard to find among the REQ bloat. Better sorting would dearly help along with collapsing paint jobs onto the base set.

Like what started with Reach, the problem is that there's so many sets and it's hard to sort them that a lot of the good armor (and there are tons of good sets) are hidden and hard to find among the REQ bloat. Better sorting would dearly help along with collapsing paint jobs onto the base set.

Which ones do you both use?

Some have interesting patterns, but when you play anything except ffa/wzFF - you dont get to see those cool patterns or gradients. =(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Some have interesting patterns, but when you play anything except ffa/wzFF - you dont get to see those cool patterns or gradients. =(

Aside from a few (hunter, shinobi, etc) i couldnt name them to save my life. Many of my favorites return from halo 4.

Aiming still feels better on the PC version with a controller.

yup, WAY better, i can aim WAY better with the gamepad on PC.

absolutely no idea why, but it's super noticeable and makes me kinda hate playing on xbone [though obviously i still do, because i need that slayer/TA fix].

jem0208

I really like the Goblin set:
H5-Guardians-Arena-Breakout-Trident-Goblin-1024x576.jpg

Venator is pretty fucking cool too:

And I really like 5's iteration of Recon as well:

blamite

There's a lot of armor in the game, like that Goblin set, that I think looks kind of neat, but I'd never wear it myself. Like... over the course of so many Halo games, my idea of what my Spartan should look like has gotten really specific, and using armor outside of that feels weird to me. But for other people it's totally cool.

Although there are still a bunch of sets that are so bad that I don' think I've seen anyone else wearing even once, so those should totally be cut.

It's basic as hell, but I dig the Anubis. There's honestly loads of good new looks, there's a reason when the topic of H5's armor design comes up on Gamingside, the haters always post the same 5-6 things.

heytred

Neo Member
It's matches like this that drive me bonkers. First game of the day so I'm using only loadout weapons and trying to take objectives. I will always find a way to lose matches like these.

LixKFmC.png

jem0208

It's basic as hell, but I dig the Anubis. There's honestly loads of good new looks, there's a reason when the topic of H5's armor design comes up on Gamingside, the haters always post the same 5-6 things.
I was looking at some of the armours earlier and Anubis caught my eye as well. It's a cool design.

I also agree completely. I think 343 gets a lot of undue shit for the armour design in 5. There are a few complete shockers but there's also a lot of really good stuff.

Ever since they released Jorge's set, I haven't really switched off of it. Great looking helmet/armor. Looking forward to The Return of the King though, Mk. V.
It's matches like this that drive me bonkers. First game of the day so I'm using only loadout weapons and trying to take objectives. I will always find a way to lose matches like these.

LixKFmC.png
These can be painful lol.

I made more things.

oZfYDo1MKKSPu.gif
I can't seem to find your other map, Elixir, and it's not in your Fileshare. I've been meaning to bookmark it.

Speaking of which, I think you and other Forgers should clean up your Fileshares with your creations and whatever else you think is worth sharing. I'm sure people check through the Fileshares of people they know share or create compelling content, so I think it'd be beneficial to Keep It Clean™.

Karl2177

I can't seem to find your other map, Elixir, and it's not in your Fileshare. I've been meaning to bookmark it.

Speaking of which, I think you and other Forgers should clean up your Fileshares with your creations and whatever else you think is worth sharing. I'm sure people check through the Fileshares of people they know share or create compelling content, so I think it'd be beneficial to Keep It Clean™.

Some of this is not being able to see your file share how others would see it. I have no idea what is marked as visible in my file share and what isn't right now without going into each individual file and seeing if the Marked as Visible box is checked.

Trup1aya

I was looking at some of the armours earlier and Anubis caught my eye as well. It's a cool design.

I also agree completely. I think 343 gets a lot of undue shit for the armour design in 5. There are a few complete shockers but there's also a lot of really good stuff.

There are some diamonds in the rough. But the real issue isn't how ugly many of the designs are, but how you have little control over when you get the items you actually want.

The disappointment of opening pack after pack getting minor variations of armor you have no interesting in gets old real quick.

I wound up setting up a profile on my Elite to bind jump to LB and grenades to RB (like Destiny's BJ config). Boost on one paddle and A, melee on another and B. Works out so far.

EYEL1NER

Even in the most horribly lop-sided BTB matches of previous Halo games when the other team was some cohesive clan and over half my team quit (or even almost all of my team, I've gotten down to one or two other guys who are as stubborn about not quitting as I am), I don't recall ever thinking "Gee, I wish people could join into this and help out). Sure, there are times when a bunch of people quit and the remaining people band together and pull off a clutch win (I mean, it doesn't happen to me, but other people talk about having it happen), but those are few and far between. For the most part, when half the team quits, things are probably going poorly and they only get worse. A match with only two other teammates against a full team isn't fun, but it isn't fun either when people join, see how shitty things are going, and then leave. Or join and just dick around and Spartan Charge you and leave you with no shields when a firefight happens to go down immediately afterwards.

I just JIP'd a Big a Team Slayer match on Fracture and got thrown into a match that was more than half over with the other team having a substantial lead. The other team had their Mantis damn near in our base upon me spawning in Red Base and they drove their AND OUR rocket hogs in and fucked everyone's shit up. I died right away and upon spawning again found out they had the sniper when I desperately ran to the Ghost that just spawned, boarded it, and immediately died to a headshot.

And have the spawns in any BTB maps changed recently? I know there was a refresh a few months ago where Wasps got added to some maps, but I just had a Guillotine match that had absolutely horrible spawns. I'm talking "spawn where someone is sprinting at you and immediately get SC'd and die" spawns. I think I only spawned on the side of the map opposite the tower three times?

Also: BTB pistol starts, please.
It's about damn time

KxhmfiT.png
Nice, congrats. I was going to count up about how many more golds I needed but I quit after counting 177 (not including Achilles) armor and helm pieces that I need. I've barely made a dent in my golds and only really have any Ultra-Rare and Legendaries from the WZ and Arena REQ bundles.

I know there was some talk about preferences for helmets or armor further up the page. I've always been partial to the Scout helmets, especially the designs in other games where the "brim" is more pronounced and juts out further over the visor (like in Halo 3, which was the Best Scout Helmet, and not like in Reach, with its stubby brim). I still need the Ultra-Rare and Legendary Scout helmets but I got the Rare Scout Decoy helmet very early on in the game and have used that almost exclusively. It was the fifth helmet I obtained; prior to that I was using the Mark VI Gen1 Scarred helmet.

I do like the Pathfinder helmet and the Jumpmaster series, what with it's rediculous "pompadour" over the forehead. And the Anubis and Dynast series both look good as well. I just took a good look at the War Master helm for the first time and I like it. I kept waiting for them to add the Hayabusa, like maybe for another commendation challenge after Achilles (complete the Game Mode commendations up to level 5?) but they never did.

I used one of the Anubis armors for quite a while until I got Achilles and then it has only been that since.

And I haven't switched from the Rime visor since I got it. My colors have stayed Cerulean and Cerise since the beginning (I always do blue and pink for my Halo armors).

There's a bug where if I make an edit, the file goes back to hidden, until I manually mark it as available again. I'll sort it out later.

IHaveIce

Banned
Some of this is not being able to see your file share how others would see it. I have no idea what is marked as visible in my file share and what isn't right now without going into each individual file and seeing if the Marked as Visible box is checked.

Are your maps in your file share or bookmarks? You have one I really liked and I'm constantly running a lobby on PC with several maps.

Also ran yours Sik <3

Ade

Picked myself up a Halo 5 Collectors Edition recently, and while the statue is decent, I was stuck with what to do with it, and then it hit me! Bookends!

y3mxbZ2huGKXvn4hpNgwfnlY8YZNL8MuBcCby4SZob0yyuuPDwpXezQfyaRe7IxJiNBYQVxTv-74QtvlFVKHwKxE9rcqNYzLARD3g_s5cmgqZxemVWIsntF5K9ES9s8sMluJI31jJc7zKtX6Zpdhy2uolomNk_lbtSsEU_FZIB5kcE

Admittedly not perfect as them, but looks passable

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Picked myself up a Halo 5 Collectors Edition recently, and while the statue is decent, I was stuck with what to do with it, and then it hit me! Bookends!

y3mxbZ2huGKXvn4hpNgwfnlY8YZNL8MuBcCby4SZob0yyuuPDwpXezQfyaRe7IxJiNBYQVxTv-74QtvlFVKHwKxE9rcqNYzLARD3g_s5cmgqZxemVWIsntF5K9ES9s8sMluJI31jJc7zKtX6Zpdhy2uolomNk_lbtSsEU_FZIB5kcE

That's what I use them for to, except only Halo stuff.

Edit: Also I have them reversed. The books are better supported that way.

BraXzy

I made more things.

oZfYDo1MKKSPu.gif

Holy shit, forge has had a big step up. The map looks amazing.

The second I saw that statue pre-release I wanted them as bookends, picked the collector's edition up myself recently thanks to an insane price drop. Now I just need the space and my game art books will look dope :D

Fuchsdh

I tend to bounce around.

If I had an absolute bone to pick with armor sets in general, it'd be that the thrusters on a lot of sets tend to feel oversized to me compared to the rest of the armor, hence why I really like an armor set like Buccaneer or Nomad&#8212;they're simple and don't have as much going on without feeling like there's armor missing (a la the slightly-too-small MkV iteration in Halo 4.) I forget which one it is, but there's one that looks like you've got angel wings taped on.

For helmets, there's a lot like Anubis that look great from *most* angles but don't from others, particularly the sides, as some of the helmets are oddly oval or egg-shaped.

Right now I'm rocking MkV Alpha for armor, although I've been swapping with one of the Reach sets with a cool grey paint job that shows up really nicely, and since I got the Mk IV I've been using that. If I had Buck's helmet I might use that instead, but beggars can't be choosers.

the malus

Neo Member
Top Bottom