• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Trup1aya

Looool, I thought our friendship was payment enough G0SU

F/R sent

EDIT: Crap, top of the page, need something Halo related

tumblr_meovcpTK3X1rj37xdo1_500.gif

Nice doing business w/ ya. I hope you get something good from mine.

You got me a prophets bane btw. I'm now power weapon and vehicle complete. I still lack 12 armors, 13 helmets and a stance. I have no want for any of that stuff, but have an urge to continue grinding gold packs for some reason...

FUDcast-CoverMini.png

Anyhow, apropos of nothing, Forward Unto Dawn has a new episode out now, a year-in-review talk about Halo in 2016, our hopes for the future, and a promising Hellboy X Halo crossover event. You can listen and subscribe via iTunes here, with other listening options at forwarduntodawn.com/fudcast20, or you can watch and subscribe via the Youtube link below. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/FLQ0iALoqTw
Cool, I'll check it out. Quoting for new page. 50ppp Master Race.

Karl2177

Mythic Firefight is on Attack on Sanctum this weekend which is awesome since it's the easiest Firefight map.

I have the most issues on that map. There's the objective to kill the 4 Mantises and one of them spawns in the Garage and almost every time I play, one of them doesn't spawn in and we can't finish the round. There's one where 3 Phaeton Pilots are supposed to spawn in, but only 2 do. The worst one I've had is where the Goblin spawns in, but falls through the map. That's not even getting into the fact that when Phantoms drop enemies off, they shoot at the Forerunner core.

BizzyBum

I have the most issues on that map. There's the objective to kill the 4 Mantises and one of them spawns in the Garage and almost every time I play, one of them doesn't spawn in and we can't finish the round. There's one where 3 Phaeton Pilots are supposed to spawn in, but only 2 do. The worst one I've had is where the Goblin spawns in, but falls through the map. That's not even getting into the fact that when Phantoms drop enemies off, they shoot at the Forerunner core.

Yeah, some rounds will be rough in Mythic still. The mantises suck even on Legendary and the two wardens in round 5 is insane since they are surrounded by a thousand Knights.

blamite

Just signed into Waypoint to open my daily pack and found a "Promotional Req Pack" ith the Jinx and Hexa emblems, anyone have any idea what this'd be from? I haven't played for two days or so and I haven't used any codes or preordered Halo Wars 2 or anything either.

Just signed into Waypoint to open my daily pack and found a "Promotional Req Pack" ith the Jinx and Hexa emblems, anyone have any idea what this'd be from? I haven't played for two days or so and I haven't used any codes or preordered Halo Wars 2 or anything either.

Think they're suppose to be the holiday emblems, so if you got them last year they're just randomly selected emblems. Or you can be like the cool kids here and have all of them unlocked so you get 2000RP instead.

Awesome, people who played in the old HaloGAF customs nights should remember Prop Hunt, well apparently there's a non-modded real version now for Halo 5: http://i.imgur.com/XIvEUb7.gifv

(We should have some more of those nights, I miss 'em.)

FUUUUUUCK YES!

BizzyBum

Think they're suppose to be the holiday emblems, so if you got them last year they're just randomly selected emblems. Or you can be like the cool kids here and have all of them unlocked so you get 2000RP instead.

Go grinch mode and clean up the SC if ya know what I mean ;)

Ein Bear

Cross posting from the elite thread...What settings are you guys using for the elite controller?

I use the Halo 4 control scheme, with jump and sprint mapped to the paddles. (I only use two paddles on my Elite, can never get my head around all four!)

0 deadzone, 3 sensitivity and 3 acceleration. Works pretty well IMO.

Cross posting from the elite thread...What settings are you guys using for the elite controller?

Left stick domed
Right stick tall precision

Default curves in xbox conteloller app
Adjusted trigger sensitivity accordingly
Hair trigger enabled on left trigger

Default button layout
Two small paddles
Left paddle is jump
Right paddle is thrust

Sens 8
Accel 5
Deadzone inner 0
Deadzone outer 4

heytred

Neo Member
I may have missed a similar conversation earlier, but I've really cut back on my Halo 5 play in the last few months. Getting back into, but I know there have been a lot of changes recently, especially with aiming.

Wondering what kind of sensitivity set up you folks are using on the Elite Controller? I've traditionally been a 3-4 sens player (Halo 3 - Halo 5), but with the advanced options now available I'm not even sure where to start.

Detective

I may have missed a similar conversation earlier, but I've really cut back on my Halo 5 play in the last few months. Getting back into, but I know there have been a lot of changes recently, especially with aiming.

Wondering what kind of sensitivity set up you folks are using on the Elite Controller? I've traditionally been a 3-4 sens player (Halo 3 - Halo 5), but with the advanced options now available I'm not even sure where to start.

I've used 5 and 2 before and after the update. I find it very good.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
scored major daddy points for my little guys 4 year old birthday (from a few days ago). he LOVES it. doesnt hurt that batman and spiderman are also approximately chief size and can fit in too.

Ade

That looks ace, Once more I lament the lack of availability of Halo merch (paticuarly the Hasbro stuff and that sweet gamestop energy sword) here in the UK.

I have however got my son a sticky grenade plush for xmas (it makes sounds!)

EYEL1NER

I had a good moment after a WZFF match last night where I got credit for finishing off all four Hunters at the end of ARC: I scored the regular WZFF Daily Win pack and the WZ Daily Win pack, but also finished the Hunter kill commendation, the Covenant kill commendation, and got a pack for hitting level 82. And I also had enough points to buy a Gold pack. 6 packs back-to-back felt like Early Christmas, even with two of them being lame old daily REQ packs. Didn't get anything good from any of them though.

Top Bottom