• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

BizzyBum

What does everyone think of the XP/RP boosts?

Finishing a game of Mythic FF can give around 5K RP without even using an RP boost which is pretty nice. I used a Legendary XP boost for a game of Infection and got nearly 10K XP total at the end.

Hopefully the boosts are rolled out universally. I would also love to see a major increase in nabbing Legendary boosts from Gold Packs. It's currently ridiculous how low they drop.

Gwyn

Finishing a game of Mythic FF can give around 5K RP without even using an RP boost which is pretty nice. I used a Legendary XP boost for a game of Infection and got nearly 10K XP total at the end.

Hopefully the boosts are rolled out universally. I would also love to see a major increase in nabbing Legendary boosts from Gold Packs. It's currently ridiculous how low they drop.

Feels like 1 year late?
XP and SR lvl is pointless in h5, RP well it's good for newcomers

Then it's not a boost, it's the base rate :p

Feels like 1 year late?
XP and SR lvl is pointless in h5, RP well it's good for newcomers

This. As much as I hated the loadouts, at least leveling up meant something in Halo 4.

Woorloog

Banned
Decided to play Arena after all, since it is the only place where i can play Slayer. Too bad it is competitive... would prefer something more casual.

Also, if use anything else than the pistol, i seem to die instantly. Nothing else just works for me. Can't figure that out.

EDIT Also, fucking REQs. Would like additional armors, instead i get all kinds of other unnecessary crap. Why there is no "sell all" button... or ability to mark items you want to keep and sell the rest.

EDIT2 And right after i wrote this, matchmaking decided to stop working. Figures. Sigh.

EDIT3 Is the Pro-Pipe in Matchmaking at all? Sure would be nicer than the rocket launcher as power weapon.
Also, can i have SMG/Pistol start instead of an AR/Pistol, that is another weapon i can use (and like).

Trup1aya

So is no one gonna talk about the latest bullshit Cratos/ESL drama?

It looked like Cratos was out of Pro League since Suspector left for ALG and Bubu and Shooter were sticking together as a duo - entitling them to e6's pro seed.

But at the last minute, with guidance from ESL, e6's manager (and Cratos' buddy) submitted the roster as If Cratos and Bubu were a duo. And thanks to ESLs inability to uphold the spirit of their own rules, Cratos was able to save his seed.

Bubu, who had already built a promising team with Shooter, needed to 'resign' from Cratos' fake roster in order to continue with his new squad. This means Bubu and his new team has to play through AM brackets and may be forefeiting qualification points for Worlds.

I can't for the life of me understand why ESL thinks it makes sense to punish the victims with this bullshit rulings.

So is no one gonna talk about the latest bullshit Cratos/ESL drama?

It looked like Cratos was out of Pro League since Suspector left for ALG and Bubu and Shooter were sticking together as a duo - entitling them to e6's pro seed.

But at the last minute, with guidance from ESL, e6's manager (and Cratos' buddy) submitted the roster as If Cratos and Bubu were a duo. And thanks to ESLs inability to uphold the spirit of their own rules, Cratos was able to save his seed.

Bubu, who had already built a promising team with Shooter, needed to 'resign' from Cratos' fake roster in order to continue with his new squad. This means Bubu and his new team has to play through AM brackets and may be forefeiting qualification points for Worlds.

I can't for the life of me understand why ESL thinks it makes sense to punish the victims with this bullshit rulings.

Jesus fuck, how is this shit okay?

BizzyBum

ESL is pretty bad but this is more on Cratos and E6's manager. They used a loophole in the system and ESL doesn't do anything about it because it's technically "within the rules."

Cratos and E6 manager are scum, but we already knew this.

ESL is pretty bad but this is more on Cratos and E6's manager. They used a loophole in the system and ESL doesn't do anything about it because it's technically "within the rules."

An actual professional organization would have never let it happen though. ESL constantly screws over the people who actually operate on the up-and-up (at least in Halo-land).

I love to hate cratos, he does make the scene interesting because he's such a prick.

on another note... if anyone wants to completely waste 90 seconds of their life please check out my Halo 5 montage here- https://youtu.be/g06AbYHL1eI

I must warn you, i'm pretty crap and the music track would be highly irritating to most people.
But I really like it... let me know what you think (bad feedback welcome!)

I love to hate cratos, he does make the scene interesting because he's such a prick.

on another note... if anyone wants to completely waste 90 seconds of their life please check out my Halo 5 montage here- https://youtu.be/g06AbYHL1eI

I must warn you, i'm pretty crap and the music track would be highly irritating to most people.
But I really like it... let me know what you think (bad feedback welcome!)

Best song I've heard all week.

tfw exwife is better than you at action sack gametypes...

C19PPEb.png

lol why are all the hate messages I get from action sack?

Trup1aya

ESL is perfectly fine with closing loopholes and poor verbiage on the fly though.

For example, Bubu technically should be ineligible for Pro league next season, but instead ESL MADE UP this penalty to qualification points, on the fly.

But for some reason they won't do anything on the fly to acknowledge the fact that he actually didn't do anything wrong, or the fact that they have nothing in place to verify ACTUAL duos or if players actually ever intended to be on the rosters these managers submit.

According, to ESL, whatever a manager submits as a roster is official, regardless of what players have to say about it. This technically means, Showtime COULD have claimed any random 2 contenders, along with Bubu, and forced them to resign too. It's totally idiotic and unprofessional.

I guess what I'm saying is - whenever ESL has an opportunity to exercise discretion, they make the the exact opposite of the ruling they SHOULD make. Remember when they fined stellur when Cratos and Showtime (the same two culprits again) logged him out mid-match?

IHaveIce

Banned
You guys probably know my thoughts about this Cratos situation already.

I just can't fathom how nobody punched that dick in the face.

Trup1aya

There are words to describe Snowball Fight. 'Inconsistent' is one of them.

I'd like it, but stickies are broken in this game. A stickies only gametype makes it more apparent, but I don't know how many times I have gotten stuck or stuck an opponent and the plasma gets knocked off on some geometry

Karl2177

I think I figured it out. There's a brief period when your health/shields are recharging that sticks do zero damage. I also seems like in Snowball Fight when ever you get a kill, your health starts to recharge. It's almost like an immune period for players that just got a kill. Additionally in the mode, you can be killed by a grenade that didn't stick you but you are on top of it.

TCKaos

tfw exwife is better than you at action sack gametypes...

C19PPEb.png

lol why are all the hate messages I get from action sack?

Maybe he's genuinely curious. Why you gotta be so cynical? It's just one friendly player asking another about the nuances of cock seasoning.

Woorloog

Banned
Fuck this shit. Two games in Arena, both times against the same party with individual players on my side. Not exactly even games...

Sigh.

And despite getting a bunch of REQs, i don't get any armor pieces. I fucking hate random unlock systems... The only game where i liked them was Mass Effect 3's multiplayer where the system just fit things fine.
Not fun having to wear ugly armor with ugly visor colors (where's my standard golden visor?).

Tell me Halo Wars 2 won't have this random unlock shit?

mo60

I almost lost every single placement match this season in team arena. I also took part in this weird match during placements were the enemy team could not get a single kill on the board. My team won that match 36- -1. Members of the enemy team kept on leaving throughout the match until one guy was left. We kept on killing that guy until he left which ended the match. I never thought I would pull off a match were the enemy team struggles to get a single kill after that one match last year.
Screenshot-Original.png

Fuchsdh

I almost lost every single placement match this season in team arena. I also took part in this weird match during placements were the enemy team could not get a single kill on the board. My team won that match 36- -1. Members of the enemy team kept on leaving throughout the match until one guy was left. We kept on killing that guy until he left which ended the match. I never thought I would pull off a match were the enemy team struggles to get a single kill after that one match last year.
Screenshot-Original.png

What rank are you usually? Unless you were facing wood tier almost seems like some people were trying to derank.

Top Bottom