• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Leyasu

Banned
Sure, lets forget all the problems with this game and release a new one.

I've never ever played a game with so many server problems . The worst of the worst. Nothing fucking beats it out there.

There is a problem almost in every match now, either Its lag or latency. Shots doesn't counts, heavy.

Lets also forget the crashing to dashboard, been kicked from fireteam and so on

Yup, lets do another fucking Halo.

Not saying they don't exist but I barely ever have server issues.

Worst is when the reqs take ages to load.

Related server issue:
Rubber-Band Men toward the end of the clip Our melee exchange did not, exchange. I simply just floated next to him for a hug.

not related:p

Mid air Splinter!

Swing the snipe for a headshot i tell ya

Nearly all lag/latency problems could be resolved with a simple datacenter selection option.

They could even have an option to let the people that don't have problems open matchmake.

I would bet money that a proper region filter would help keep a healthy population outside of the US. But 343 gonna 343 I suppose.

Gwyn

Do we really need h3a?

I would rather have mcc fixed+pc release+custom game browser for all games :| oh and reach 1080p 60 fps

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
We arent getting h3a, its not needed. Or mcc fixed, its dead. At best we'll get some h3 content for halo 5, but expecting that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Realistically, count on a scorpio ready h5 at launch.

Detective

Nearly all lag/latency problems could be resolved with a simple datacenter selection option.

They could even have an option to let the people that don't have problems open matchmake.

I would bet money that a proper region filter would help keep a healthy population outside of the US. But 343 gonna 343 I suppose.

What if there isn't enough people in your area?

Sometimes we have to search on expanded to find a game. And its really embarrassing. Its not playable. I dont know really what could be said about these servers issues. I've broke my fucking halo 5 console because of it.

Like just now, I played a game, everything went well and we won. At the victory screen I got sent to the main menu. And of course the win didn't count. These BS right there is why people keep fucking abandon this game. If its not the first thing, its the other.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
And the reason we won't get h3a or mcc fixed is because these games don't have microtransactions.

If mcc had MTs it would have been fixed within 2-3 weeks of launch

So whats halo 5's excuse? ;)

We arent getting h3a, its not needed. Or mcc fixed, its dead. At best we'll get some h3 content for halo 5, but expecting that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Realistically, count on a scorpio ready h5 at launch.

Yeah, the only thing i think we will get, for the Halo 3 anniversary, is a Halo 5 req update. maybe 1 warzone map. maybe an engine update to be on par with Halo 5 PC version that goes up to 4k in res.

and of course a halo 6 teaser trailer.

i do not expect a enhancement of any visuals/aa/af/etc for this game.

Karl2177

Anyone get their HW2 code working yet?

Also, since I'm starting to get requests from Reddit kids, new rules. I will be doing a weekly check every Friday. If nothing is logged after the previous Friday, you're kicked from the Company. If you message me or post here ahead of time that you have real life shit to deal with, cool, you get a pass for a week. I will be keeping tabs. And to make sure I'm not a filthy hypocrite, I'll be logging in more time too. We'll go with weekly checks for now. I'll adjust accordingly if it needs to be looser or stricker.

I want that helmet, gentlemen (and ladies?)
This will last approximately 0 weeks.

Yeah, the only thing i think we will get, for the Halo 3 anniversary, is a Halo 5 req update. maybe 1 warzone map. maybe an engine update to be on par with Halo 5 PC version that goes up to 4k in res.

and of course a halo 6 teaser trailer.

i do not expect a enhancement of any visuals/aa/af/etc for this game.

I actually think both Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 will get noticeably improved versions for Scorpio, visually and technically speaking.

But the call on no H3A is the right one, me thinks. Resources will be better used elsewhere.

H3A seems redundant right now. The game is still visually appealing. H2 was looking pretty rough looking (even in comparison to vanilla Halo CE), so a face lift was much appreciated.

I actually think both Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 will get noticeably improved versions for Scorpio, visually and technically speaking.

But the call on no H3A is the right one, me thinks. Resources will be better used elsewhere.

Do you know the differences between the Win10 version and what we currently have on the xbox one version?

I believe the win10 one is labeled as their dx12 version right??

What would be the kicker is that there is no 'patch' for halo 5 and they just tout that the frame buffer will always be at 1080p with 60fps instead of dipping when necessary. lol

too bad stinkles is banned - he wold tell us the secrets he hears when hiding in janitor closets :p

jem0208

Anyone get their HW2 code working yet?

Also, since I'm starting to get requests from Reddit kids, new rules. I will be doing a weekly check every Friday. If nothing is logged after the previous Friday, you're kicked from the Company. If you message me or post here ahead of time that you have real life shit to deal with, cool, you get a pass for a week. I will be keeping tabs. And to make sure I'm not a filthy hypocrite, I'll be logging in more time too. We'll go with weekly checks for now. I'll adjust accordingly if it needs to be looser or stricker.

Yo, don't kick me. I'm right in the middle of exams (finish end of next week) then I'm going away for a week.

Starting February I'll be playing a lot more.

GT is iL Meanbean Li if you didn't know.

Do you know the differences between the Win10 version and what we currently have on the xbox one version?

I believe the win10 one is labeled as their dx12 version right??

What would be the kicker is that there is no 'patch' for halo 5 and they just tout that the frame buffer will always be at 1080p with 60fps instead of dipping when necessary. lol

too bad stinkles is banned - he wold tell us the secrets he hears when hiding in janitor closets :p

Well, I can't speak for Halo 5: Forge, as I don't have it, but Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 is a masterpiece. I DL'd it last night and it auto-set just about everything to Ultra on my i5-3570K/GTX1070 rig. Getting buttery smooth 60fps@1080p during Horde with the graphics turned up to 11 made my eyes water.

I can see MS taking some of those PC settings and turning them up for a Scorpio version. Although, it remains to be seen how much grunt they'll have left over once they hit the supposed native 4K framebuffer.

Should be interesting, to be honest. I'm hoping that Xbox Play Anywhere continues, so those of us who want to stay 1080p can get the games on Windows 10 (assuming they're good ports) and still play with our Xbox Scorpio/Xbox One homies.

Has anyone from reddit been signed to the company yet? Or we still screwed?

About three peeps thus far.

I'm just saying it's going to be far too tedious and you'll be tired of it pretty quick.

It will be tedious, but I got "helpers" that have been nagging me about all of this (it's the only reason I've gotten off my ass thus far) so I won't be doing this by my lonesome.

Yo, don't kick me. I'm right in the middle of exams (finish end of next week) then I'm going away for a week.

Starting February I'll be playing a lot more.

GT is iL Meanbean Li if you didn't know.

All good my dude. You'll be on the safe list.

About three peeps thus far.

It will be tedious, but I got "helpers" that have been nagging me about all of this (it's the only reason I've gotten off my ass thus far) so I won't be doing this by my lonesome.

All good my dude. You'll be on the safe list.

dont kick me. i post lame clips of my skills so everyone else can feel better about themselves!

i am the mascot!

dont kick me. i post lame clips of my skills so everyone else can feel better about themselves!

i am the mascot!

hmmm.... idk maybe I should start extorting gold packs I don't need off of you suckers....

On that note though, even with Sik banned, is he still taking clips for the next montage?

BizzyBum

Sure, go for it. Whenever another request comes from reddit then just remove the next person who hasn't played the longest. I would write down or keep tabs on which people are from reddit and make sure they are actually playing. It's possible we can get people who play an hour a week. GAF members have the luxury of posting here if they can't play for an extended time due to RL things to prevent being kicked.

I'm glad to see the thread is working so far!

Haruko

What is the most dormant acct's last played date right now (do you know offhand?) I know of at least 2 accts on the current roster that last played on 9/9/2016, if you're looking for ones to boot to free up space.

FyreWulff

Port a Halo 3 campaign area to Firefight and that'd be a cool enough H3A celebration for me

as much as i growled about Reach CE:A stuff it was really neat to see 3 different engine-generations of the same area with the Installation 04 FF map

Fuchsdh

Port a Halo 3 campaign area to Firefight and that'd be a cool enough H3A celebration for me

as much as i growled about Reach CE:A stuff it was really neat to see 3 different engine-generations of the same area with the Installation 04 FF map

Unless they were gonna' throw Flood at us in an infected Voi the only really interesting and novel location would be the desert Ark stuff.

FyreWulff

Unless they were gonna' throw Flood at us in an infected Voi the only really interesting and novel location would be the desert Ark stuff.

in pure 'full circleness' the final dam area of Sierra 117 would be perfect since it was the original area used to prototype Firefight.

Karl2177

The Garage holdout on Tsavo Highway would be cool. The scarab location on the Storm would be cool. The Cartographer interior with slight modifications on the Ark wound be neat. The first tower exterior from the Covenant would be neat.

if i dated a girl that went down as much as the Halo 5 servers did I wouldn't be able to walk.

343 please feed the hamsters running the circuits. Getting kicked out of Forge is not fun.

wwm0nkey

I ordered a loot crate for Psychonauts and Mega Man stuff this month, apparently they are giving out 24 hour early access to the Halo Wars 2 beta if you are subscribed.

What is the most dormant acct's last played date right now (do you know offhand?) I know of at least 2 accts on the current roster that last played on 9/9/2016, if you're looking for ones to boot to free up space.

Offhand no but I booted a dude that hadn't played since AUGUST. Fucking hell haha

blamite

Aw dang, I got kicked already. Which, fair, I haven't played for a couple weeks, but ironically now that I've just got some job stuff out of the way I'm actually gonna be having some time to get games in i the evenings. That said I'm probably not gonna be playing as much as some others so I've reapplied already but feel free to ignore me if you want. I won't be offended! :lol

mo60

Damn skirmish is brutal. One game 50-10 against level 5s, next game a to4 champs and it's 50-10 the other way lmao.

I played a slayer match where my team lost 50-10 against the enemy team who were mostly all at a really low SR in team arena a day or so ago. The day before that match I played a slayer match in team arena during placements where my team won 36- -1.Someone on my team got a perfection in the latter match. I don't really like playing skirmish much anymore because it's way to sweaty.

Aw dang, I got kicked already. Which, fair, I haven't played for a couple weeks, but ironically now that I've just got some job stuff out of the way I'm actually gonna be having some time to get games in i the evenings. That said I'm probably not gonna be playing as much as some others so I've reapplied already but feel free to ignore me if you want. I won't be offended! :lol

hmm.... you're back in, but

3260398_o.gif

So while I'm on this Spartan Company kick, here's what we got left:

Grenade Kills: 594
Melee Kills: 1,187
Headshot Kills: 31,726
First Strikes: 1,698
Reversal Medals: 5,337
Buckle Up Medals: 367
quit slouching Matt
Splatter Medals: 1,827
Assassinations: 1,980
Marine Kills: 15,804
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
Road Trip (Ground Vehicle Kills): 12,399
Shoulder Charge Kills: 4,496

Possible, but tedious.

mo60

So while I'm on this Spartan Company kick, here's what we got left:

Grenade Kills: 594
Melee Kills: 1,187
Headshot Kills: 31,726
First Strikes: 1,698
Reversal Medals: 5,337

Buckle Up Medals: 367
quit slouching Matt
Splatter Medals: 1,827
Assassinations: 1,980
Marine Kills: 15,804
FUUUUUUUUUUUU
Road Trip (Ground Vehicle Kills): 12,399
Shoulder Charge Kills: 4,496

Possible, but tedious.
Will probably help grind the bolded in a few hours. Marine kills are kinda hard to get in some warzone matches so I'm not shocked we have nearly 16000 marine kills left to get.

So fun fact: last night I was "researching" what exactly qualifies for a ground vehicle kill for the commendation. Reading a bunch of threads on waypoint and reddit and elsewhere (because god forbid 343 be up-front and clear about things), it appears that the commendations go off of what shows up in the kill feed.

So, if the kill feed shows "Player1 < vehicle symbol > Player2", and it's not an aerial vehicle, it counts towards the commendation. The kill has to come from a driver-controlled weapon. This means that warthog turret kills don't count (unless this has been patched very recently), and neither do passenger kills, nor splatters. Of course, we need spatters too, so that's not as annoying, but still.

One thing that I couldn't get a clear answer on is whether handheld turrets count for the Company commendation. I know they do for personal commendations (that's how I got most of my rocket turret kills), but I couldn't find a clear yes or no for the commendation.

So, to clarify, for ground vehicle kills, get kills with the weapons on the following vehicles:
Ghost
Wraith
Scorpion
Gungoose
Mantis

Splatters should count as long as that's what the kill-feed shows.

Glad I could educate ya'll on this idiotic setup and have a great day!

So fun fact: last night I was "researching" what exactly qualifies for a ground vehicle kill for the commendation. Reading a bunch of threads on waypoint and reddit and elsewhere (because god forbid 343 be up-front and clear about things), it appears that the commendations go off of what shows up in the kill feed.

So, if the kill feed shows "Player1 < vehicle symbol > Player2", and it's not an aerial vehicle, it counts towards the commendation. The kill has to come from a driver-controlled weapon. This means that warthog turret kills don't count (unless this has been patched very recently), and neither do passenger kills, nor splatters. Of course, we need spatters too, so that's not as annoying, but still.

One thing that I couldn't get a clear answer on is whether handheld turrets count for the Company commendation. I know they do for personal commendations (that's how I got most of my rocket turret kills), but I couldn't find a clear yes or no for the commendation.

So, to clarify, for ground vehicle kills, get kills with the weapons on the following vehicles:
Ghost
Wraith
Scorpion
Gungoose
Mantis

Splatters should count as long as that's what the kill-feed shows.

Glad I could educate ya'll on this idiotic setup and have a great day!

Jesus, how much more convoluted can it get? So unless it's a vehicle you can both control and fire weapons with, it doesn't count? Fucking hell...

Also, I am loving this game again, but after Titanfall 2 and COD (bleh) I cannot get use to the aiming. What's the gold standard for controller settings these days?

Jesus, how much more convoluted can it get? So unless it's a vehicle you can both control and fire weapons with, it doesn't count? Fucking hell...

Also, I am loving this game again, but after Titanfall 2 and COD (bleh) I cannot get use to the aiming. What's the gold standard for controller settings these days?

You only need to GIT GUD

Top Bottom