• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

mo60

What rank are you usually? Unless you were facing wood tier almost seems like some people were trying to derank.

I was pretty much heading towards getting a silver rank at the end of the placements when I played that match. The last few seasons I have reached somewhere between between gold 1 and 3. I'm a silver 2 this season in team arena. The last time I gotten a match similar to this one I was at silver 1 or 2 for rank and that match was in team slayer.I wonder if I am the only one that experienced something like this twice in ranked. Unlike the other weird match I played before I don't think anyone on the enemy team was trying to betray each other. One or more players may have accidentally suicided.Almost everyone on the enemy team had really low spartan ranks to.

Karl2177

Is there a place to view what maid and gametypes are in what playlists? I want to know if I'm wasting my time on the hunt for a husky raid game in action sack.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lots of failutes to dedicated servers lately, and now no emblems are showing.

Is there a place to view what maid and gametypes are in what playlists? I want to know if I'm wasting my time on the hunt for a husky raid game in action sack.

Husky Raid is still there. The issue is they added like 7 minigames and other new gametypes in the last update, so you just have to try harder for husky raid.

Karl2177

Husky Raid is still there. The issue is they added like 7 minigames and other new gametypes in the last update, so you just have to try harder for husky raid.

I'd still like a page on Waypoint that I can pull up what playlist has what maps and gametypes. 343i had it for Reach and Halo 4, and then MCC had it in game, but nothing for Halo 5.

http://xboxclips.com/LoopOfHenle/61c372ae-d146-4771-a8e9-e1acc64d4569

Profile sync error cant interupt the trip!

Wtf is going on with this game?

So Halo Wars Definite Edition doesn't work at all on my PC. It just opens up a window and sits at black.

8e2.jpg

EDIT: updated for continued fineness

Karl2177

So Halo Wars Definitive Edition doesn't work at all on my PC. It just opens up a window and sits at black.

EDIT: It has started working. I do not like the controls after playing about an hour and a half of Starcraft.

So Halo Wars Definitive Edition doesn't work at all on my PC. It just opens up a window and sits at black.

EDIT: It has started working. I do not like the controls after playing about an hour and a half of Starcraft.

I was wondering how the PC controls would fair, considering it was designed for a 360 controller.

Karl2177

I was wondering how the PC controls would fair, considering it was designed for a 360 controller.

It's gonna take some learning. I'm used to hitting A to attack. In Halo Wars, A is pan the screen to the left. Control groups are the exact same as Starcraft and those weren't too difficult to learn. The Spirit of Fire menu is F, which makes some sense, but controlling where the healing wave goes is a pain in the ass. If there's a way to change it when you're on mouse and keyboard versus controller that would be great. Another thing I noticed is that the animation for collect resources is meant for either 720p or 1080p screens, and is incredibly small on 4K screens. I only did the first 2 missions tonight, but I'm gonna try and play some more tomorrow.

EDIT: One more thing. In my attempt to get the game to work the first time, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Then I learned I have no idea where in the Windows Store/Halo App you go to uninstall programs installed from there. The UI isn't very friendly.

It's gonna take some learning. I'm used to hitting A to attack. In Halo Wars, A is pan the screen to the left. Control groups are the exact same as Starcraft and those weren't too difficult to learn. The Spirit of Fire menu is F, which makes some sense, but controlling where the healing wave goes is a pain in the ass. If there's a way to change it when you're on mouse and keyboard versus controller that would be great. Another thing I noticed is that the animation for collect resources is meant for either 720p or 1080p screens, and is incredibly small on 4K screens. I only did the first 2 missions tonight, but I'm gonna try and play some more tomorrow.

EDIT: One more thing. In my attempt to get the game to work the first time, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Then I learned I have no idea where in the Windows Store/Halo App you go to uninstall programs installed from there. The UI isn't very friendly.

The leader ability aiming is very clearly not optimized for mouse, it has the trademark acceleration feel of analog movement.

EYEL1NER

I'm gonna try to play right now but with how long it took for me to connect to the servers before the main menu, how long it took for any playlists to appear after I selected areas, and how it has been several minutes and I have no REQs still, things aren't looking good for tonight.
EDIT: Argh, 4 BTB matches in a row that I got absolutely slaughtered in so I figured 'switch to WZFF for a bit, win a match of that, and then come back to BTB with a clearer head.' It crashes to the dashboard as soon as it finds teammates for the WZFF match. Oh well, I just started watching Spartacus over the weekend and am midway through the second season of that already, might as well start watching it now since H5 isn't any fun tonight.

mo60

Now I lost a slayer match in the team arena playlist 50-10 against players who oddly all have silver or gold ranks. I don't know what is up with match making lately in team arena to produce weird matches like this one and the one I played yesterday.

Screenshot-Original.png

Ade

There was an issue with the dedicated server / hey look, its your dashboard

That's my H5 experience recently. :(

Ade

Not seeing any instructions under the link? Just a compose message option.

Compose a message :p (If after her response, you still see nothing, use a modern client, or the desktop webpage)

The code I got doesn't work :(

"Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.

TokenNotSupported
8R3OqMI6OZ7D4/9A.0.4.4
2017/01/17 - 18:55:12 UTC"

ManCannon is on that apparently, it'll be fixed

Now I lost a slayer match in the team arena playlist 50-10 against players who oddly all have silver or gold ranks. I don't know what is up with match making lately in team arena to produce weird matches like this one and the one I played yesterday.

https://screenshotscontent-t5002.xboxlive.com/00090000076b026c-43427b91-5429-4e3c-9edb-1eaa9ea09a95/Screenshot-Original.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Those guys are terrible. Maybe they just got lucky lol. I don't think I ever ran into pro players when i was still actively playing halo 5. I do remember a couple games against FATs though lol.

Anyone get their HW2 code working yet?

Also, since I'm starting to get requests from Reddit kids, new rules. I will be doing a weekly check every Friday. If nothing is logged after the previous Friday, you're kicked from the Company. If you message me or post here ahead of time that you have real life shit to deal with, cool, you get a pass for a week. I will be keeping tabs. And to make sure I'm not a filthy hypocrite, I'll be logging in more time too. We'll go with weekly checks for now. I'll adjust accordingly if it needs to be looser or stricker.

I want that helmet, gentlemen (and ladies?)

Detective

No Halo FPS in this year... Great.:(

Sure, lets forget all the problems with this game and release a new one.

I've never ever played a game with so many server problems . The worst of the worst. Nothing fucking beats it out there.

There is a problem almost in every match now, either Its lag or latency. Shots doesn't counts, heavy.

Lets also forget the crashing to dashboard, been kicked from fireteam and so on

Yup, lets do another fucking Halo.

m23

No Halo FPS in this year... Great.:(

Were you really expecting one?

Halo 6 in my mind was always next year and H3A was a slight chance. I'm not disappointed though, 343 should give some more time to 5 and work on current issues which in turn will make 6 a better game.

Top Bottom