• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Unstable

Halo something on a different day perhaps?

Otherwise I just don't understand PC Forge at 4K already and no E3 update for the X. Like WTF.

I'd guess that 343i is 100% done with Halo 5 support now. A 4K patch would be a relatively major update. They're surely neck-deep in Halo 6's development now, and considering it'll also be on PC; it could've proved difficult to justify any major work on H5.

But, even still, I concur. It's a strange move.

I guess the math didn't make sense? Still, the work was already done. Yeah, I dunno

I'd guess that 343i is 100% done with Halo 5 support now. A 4K patch would be a relatively major update. They're surely neck-deep in Halo 6's development now, and considering it'll also be on PC; it could've proved difficult to justify any major work on H5.

But, even still, I concur. It's a strange move.

I guess the math didn't make sense? Still, the work was already done. Yeah, I dunno

Would it though? The game is already operating at 4k resolutions on Windows 10.

I appreciate it isn't a simple copy and paste, but most of the work must be done?

Maybe the 'dynamic' resolution will give it a 'natural' bump up anyway.

EDIT: re-read the quote you posted and I can see you essentially said the same thing

link1201

Man, I was really hyped for the conference and was ready to jump on a Scorpio preorder but now I'm just kinda like ...meh. Thought they'd show an upgraded Halo 5 at least.

I'll probably still get one but I'm underwhelmed to say the least. :/

I wonder how far away Halo 6 is.

Voho

They should have used the Anniversary to release a standalone of the Halo 3 MCC port (but fixed). Halo 3: Remastered. Xbox Play Anywhere. 1080p 60FPS on normal Xbox One, and 4K 60 on the X and PC. Customs browser, enhanced forge budget/features. Discount for MCC owners. Bundle in ODST's campaign and Firefight, too.

And if they wanted to go even further, release "The Halo Legacy Bundle" with standalone versions of HCEA, H2A, Halo 3 Remastered, Halo 4 Remastered, and Halo Reach remastered. Again, discount for MCC owners. Xbox Play Anywhere. 4K 60FPS on Xbox One X.

/A man can dream

Very disappointing in no Halo (FPS) news this E3, even if it was just a port. Hope what they show of Wars is good, though.

Doomguy's characterization in the new Doom is what I wish Master Chief was in the new trilogy.

A primarily silent and pissed off Chief who emotes through first person actions such as grabbing a weapon off a dead enemy and kicking the corpse off a cliff.

I like it. lol

BizzyBum

Even though it wasn't announced at E3 I still expect an XOX patch for Halo 5 of some sort to take advantage of it. I mean, we still have a whole year of Halo 5 if Halo 6 is still coming in Fall 2018.

Mind boggling if Halo 5 doesn't get updated.

Even though it wasn't announced at E3 I still expect an XOX patch for Halo 5 of some sort to take advantage of it. I mean, we still have a whole year of Halo 5 if Halo 6 is still coming in Fall 2018.

Mind boggling if Halo 5 doesn't get updated.

It wont, if it did you can be damn sure it would have been announced at e3. Baffling how 343 and MS are missing all marks with halo. Halo5 enhanced would have made me preorder the console on the spot.

Fuchsdh

It wont, if it did you can be damn sure it would have been announced at e3. Baffling how 343 and MS are missing all marks with halo. Halo5 enhanced would have made me preorder the console on the spot.

Given how much you talk about hating the game, I simply don't believe you.

BizzyBum

Halo 5 is a 2 year old game so perhaps it didn't need to be highlighted.

I'm not looking for anything crazy, a simple 4K resolution bump would suffice at this point.

HTupolev

It's not unheard of for vocal complainers to like something.

That was me with Reach. I cared about it enough to constantly and vocally bitch about its missteps.

Halo 5 I do complain about, but nowhere near as much. The relative infrequency at which I comment on it is by far the most damning criticism I've ever directed at a Halo game.

BizzyBum

I forget, did they make it harder to rank up in HCS or any ranked playlist?

I was Diamond 2 last season without playing much and this season I'm Gold 6 and can't even move up to Platinum for the life of me with randos.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I forget, did they make it harder to rank up in HCS or any ranked playlist?

I was Diamond 2 last season without playing much and this season I'm Gold 6 and can't even move up to Platinum for the life of me with randos.

Yup. Ranks got adjusted. Almost Gold 1.

BizzyBum

Damn, no wonder.

I went back down to old man 3/2 sens again since 1,5,5 was too fast with the aim update. I tried 4,2 too but no go. 3,2 is compromised a bit in CQC but overall I aim way more consistently with 3,2.

"She said that to me once... about being a machine."

*brandishes chainsaw*
lmao

My thoughts exactly ;b
It's not unheard of for vocal complainers to like something.

That was me with Reach. I cared about it enough to constantly and vocally bitch about its missteps.

Halo 5 I do complain about, but nowhere near as much. The relative infrequency at which I comment on it is by far the most damning criticism I've ever directed at a Halo game.
You're reasonable though, which is not the case with many of these people saying such things. Vincent is straight up hoping for a reboot and complains at a ratio of 9:1 (I'm probably being generous too), so I think it's safe to not believe him as Fuchs said lol.

Karl2177

lmao

My thoughts exactly ;b

You're reasonable though, which is not the case with many of these people saying such things. Vincent is straight up hoping for a reboot and complains at a ratio of 9:1 (I'm probably being generous too), so I think it's safe to not believe him as Fuchs said lol.
That sounds close to my demands for the Halo franchise going forward. A reboot of Halo 1 in a 9:1 aspect ratio. It would be the perfect game for the millions of people that have 8100x900 monitors.

I dont hate the game, i just think 343 arent properly handling the franchise on a pretty consistent basis and youd be hard pressed to find evidence that says otherwise. I think 343 need to be revamped, that doesnt mean i still dont love halo. Learn to make the difference.

and if you can tell me which parts of: bad maps, too much forge, bad BTB, missing gametypes, average campaign, boring enemies was wrong and unrealistic, please let me know. 99% of the stuff i complain about gets complained about by practically everyone in here. Oh but youre all angels, thats right.

Fuchsdh

I dont hate the game, i just think 343 arent properly handling the franchise on a pretty consistent basis and youd be hard pressed to find evidence that says otherwise. I think 343 need to be revamped, that doesnt mean i still dont love halo. Learn to make the difference.

and if you can tell me which parts of: bad maps, too much forge, bad BTB, missing gametypes, average campaign, boring enemies was wrong and unrealistic, please let me know. 99% of the stuff i complain about gets complained about by practically everyone in here. Oh but youre all angels, thats right.

Never said I was an angel, but I'm not a histrionic asshole, either. Given that none of the above issues would be fixed by a Halo 5 4K patch, my calling bullshit on your empty rhetoric stands.

Trup1aya

Halo engine is just long in the tooth. Seeing BF1 and Battlefront and now anthem, I just get taken aback.

I'd hate to see them keep taking this engine apart and put it back together and end up missing important features again. But man it would be nice to have something that looks as clean as other modern shooters.

Seeing Anthem, I was just like, "damn. What if this was a halo environment. "

wwm0nkey

Halo engine is just long in the tooth. Seeing BF1 and Battlefront and now anthem, I just get taken aback.

I'd hate to see them keep taking this engine apart and put it back together and end up missing important features again. But man it would be nice to have something that looks as clean as other modern shooters.

Seeing Anthem, I was just like, "damn. What if this was a halo environment. "

Yeah Corrinne Yu did a great job for Halo 4 on the 360, that game looked damn near next gen, but it needed an upgrade for this generation

Yeah Corrinne Yu did a great job for Halo 4 on the 360, that game looked damn near next gen, but it needed an upgrade for this generation

it was like a knife to the gut when i heard she went to naughty dog :/

anyway, after awhile with the new aiming, and going back to the PC customs version, PC aiming is still leagues better.

really don't know wtf is up.

[although it was improved somewhat]

wwm0nkey

it was like a knife to the gut when i heard she went to naughty dog :/

anyway, after awhile with the new aiming, and going back to the PC customs version, PC aiming is still leagues better.

really don't know wtf is up.

[although it was improved somewhat]

She is at Amazon now iirc. She is a super cool person and would love to see her give another crack at the Halo engine with a more modern system

Never said I was an angel, but I'm not a histrionic asshole, either. Given that none of the above issues would be fixed by a Halo 5 4K patch, my calling bullshit on your empty rhetoric stands.

Honestly, im just fed up of being disappointed. On Sunday, had they announced MCC and Halo 5 were getting enhanced for Xbox X, i would have been absolutely gitty. But just another disappointment.

Top Bottom