• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

BizzyBum

I went in with no expectations for Halo and I somehow still came out disappointed.

Halo Wars 2 gets 4K support on Xbox One X.

Just kill me.

wwm0nkey

Over all I just did not like that conference, the lack of any Halo stuff made it a bit worse but I don't think it would have saved it

Curious, what were you guys expecting? Personally, I'm stoked to play a majority of what was shown, and that's not usually the case for me with these conferences lol.
They didn't show any decent AAA exclusives. Crackdown looked bad. Apart from Halo, where are their other decent IPs? They could use a Fable reboot, Banjo, just anything to get excited about.

BizzyBum

There was definitely some good games shown, but with the play anywhere feature I'm just going to buy everything on the PC.

No reason for me to purchase a $500 XOX with a gaming PC.

Nowise10

Curious, what were you guys expecting? Personally, I'm stoked to play a majority of what was shown, and that's not usually the case for me with these conferences lol.

I don't think it was as terrible as some people are claiming, but I did leave disappointed. I am also a big Halo fan and to not have anything for Halo being shown off at an Xbox E3 event is insane. That has to be a first in the past 12 years? Don't know if E3 2005 had anything for Halo, don't believe it did.

To me there wasn't any WOW moments that got me pumped, except for that Indie game that was like 2D and 3D and it was rainy.

darthbob

Was hoping for some Halo love. I suppose it wasn't really all that disappointing, but aside from Anthem, nothing really made me excited.

Maybe I'm just too old. Can't expect every E3 to feel like E3 2004 I guess. :/

The problem is a lot of what was shown is not actually exclusive.
A bunch were exclusive, whether console exclusive or timed, but if you're also including PC then yeah I could understand that. I personally don't game on PC so there's a lot to offer imo.
They didn't show any decent AAA exclusives. Crackdown looked bad. Apart from Halo, where are their other decent IPs? They could use a Fable reboot, Banjo, just anything to get excited about.
;'[ I should've known better to ask you..

A bunch were exclusive, whether console exclusive or timed, but if you're also including PC then yeah I could understand that. I personally don't game on PC so there's a lot to offer imo.

;'[ I should've known better to ask you..
It could be fun but graphically it's ugly, and that's with the concession you can only do so much with a comic book art style.

I thought there were some fun games and the new BioWare IP looks really interesting.

Also, I can't remember a single E3 MS conference in the past 7 years or so where people on the internet haven't been disappointed. I think the majority of GAFers are very jaded. I don't think Halo could change that.

There are a lot of great games coming and I'm definitely upgrading to an X, but I believe the only new Microsoft Studios game announced was Ori 2. And barely any mention of Halo.

That makes me a sad man!

Edit: oh and Forza 7

I don't think it was as terrible as some people are claiming, but I did leave disappointed. I am also a big Halo fan and to not have anything for Halo being shown off at an Xbox E3 event is insane. That has to be a first in the past 12 years? Don't know if E3 2005 had anything for Halo, don't believe it did.

Was hoping for some Halo love. I suppose it wasn't really all that disappointing, but aside from Anthem, nothing really made me excited.

Maybe I'm just too old. Can't expect every E3 to feel like E3 2004 I guess. :/

I'm actually glad we didn't see Halo at all. I think it's taking a much needed marketing break, let it build up as much hype and anticipation for the next release as possible.

wwm0nkey

So Halo Wars 2 DLC is cool, announcing it on the Daily Show is super....weird. But how is Halo Wars 2 going to carry Halo into 2018?

Despite indications suggesting otherwise, a distant glimmering star in my heart still hoped we'd see some form of H3A, even if only the campaign remade plus Blur cutscenes.

Just imagine this scene:

DawnApproach-large.jpg

on the E3 stage screen, remade in full 4K splendor. I just might've flirted with the idea of buying the One X.

IHaveIce

Banned
Despite indications suggesting otherwise, a distant glimmering star in my heart still hoped we'd see some form of H3A, even if only the campaign remade plus Blur cutscenes.

Just imagine this scene:

on the E3 stage screen, remade in full 4K splendor. I just might've flirted with the idea of buying the One X.

The first Halo game of the original trio to not get the Anniversary treatment :(

It also kickstarted 360's success IMO :(

But nope

Kind of sad not to see any kind of halo 3 related announcement considering it's the 10 year anniversary

I didn't expect it as the Mcc wasn't long enough ago to warrant another re release even if it was broken but I was hopeful

Buying a Xbox over a pc going forward feels like it would be foolish

Just imagine this scene:

Heh you beat me to it Henery!

Madness

Just imagine this scene:

Same. H3A as a launch title would have made Xbox One X day one for me probably. Even though I can play Halo 3 on 360, on MCC etc. The hope of a 4K/60fps with possibly even HDR and Blur cutscenes etc.

XAL

Seriously, this show was such a bummer.

I thought this show was fucking great. Best show since the travesty of the XBO reveal conference.

Lack of Haloz obviously disappointing, but MS had a good showing.

Easy supersampling is what I'm excited about because I don't give a shit about 4K

Juan

I still can't believe we're going to celebrate Halo 3 ten years anniversary with a Halo 5 playlist and a bunch of forged remakes...

I didn't wanted H3A until there was no Halo 3 Anniversary announced during this E3...

At least, Microsoft gave me the best Dragon Ball Z looking game during the conference:
RqOHTef.gif

wwm0nkey

I still can't believe we're going to celebrate Halo 3 ten years anniversary with a Halo 5 playlist and a bunch of forged remakes...

I didn't wanted H3A until there was no Halo 3 Anniversary announced during this E3...

At least, Microsoft gave me the best Dragon Ball Z looking game during the conference:
RqOHTef.gif

Everyone who thinks that looks good should buy Guilty Gear Rev 2 to practice (Also Because Guilty Gear is good)

Juan

Everyone who thinks that looks good should buy Guilty Gear Rev 2 to practice (Also Because Guilty Gear is good)

Ahah true, actually, I was hyped the second I heard Arc System Works was working on a DBZ game.

Still can't believe Halo 5 won't get a 4K update for Scorpio...

FyreWulff

if they did full BC, on the One you could play

Halo 1 @ 30fps/1080p (XB1 BC) and play the original console MP with other Oxboxes over LAN
Halo 1 @ 30fps/720p (360 version) and play Reach-modified MP with other 360s over LAN
Halo 1 @ 60fps/1080p (MCC) and play Halo PC MP with other Ones

heh

Top Bottom