• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

As I predicted, this decision will turn even more people off from Arena. This game is in dire need of a 4v4 unranked "Social Quickplay" playlist similar to Gears where you maintain the lobby game after game. I just want to casually play 4v4's in this game without stressing over ranks, like if I'm playing well enough to help my team win, worrying about quitters or the negbombers who spawn -> run towards red dots -> die -> rinse/repeat without concern for teammates and their performance, etc.

What makes this worse is that 343 has never commented on this.

i can only imagine it's going to discourage a significant percentage of people from playing team arena.

i honestly can't handle going into every game stressing about quitters / afk'ers / being up against a crazy good fireteam while solo queued.

literally just going to leave my team arena alone now, maybe try slayer for the first time?

gosh this is infuriating...

i don't mind the initial stress of the "get to your best rank grind" when the ranks reset, but it was nice knowing that every time i hit a new plateau i wouldn't have to worry about ranking down.

meant i could grind, then relax.

now it's just a constant stressful grind?

fuck. that.

Yesterday to celebrate 15th years of Halo I did a special livestream on my YT channel playing all the games from the franchise (Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, WARS, REACH, CEA, 4, SA, H2A, SS and H5) it lasted 7 hours!!! but it was awesome

I owe Halo everything is my hobby, my passion, my work and it gave me something I had never thought it would thanks to the game I have met my love, a day like today 15 years ago it was the beginning of everything and I am proud to say that I have been there since the first day the Halo franchise and Xbox was born Happy 15th birthday Halo and Xbox!

15yearanniversary_waypoint_banner_1120x334-61076eaa1ec64ba8ab521d19e5441080.jpg

Sanjuro

This Halo:CE playlist is beyond great. I love how they implemented the pistol. Maps look solid and broody like the original. Good stuff all around.

As I predicted, this decision will turn even more people off from Arena. This game is in dire need of a 4v4 unranked "Social Quickplay" playlist similar to Gears where you maintain the lobby game after game. I just want to casually play 4v4's in this game without stressing over ranks, like if I'm playing well enough to help my team win, worrying about quitters or the negbombers who spawn -> run towards red dots -> die -> rinse/repeat without concern for teammates and their performance, etc.

What makes this worse is that 343 has never commented on this.

Right, this is insanely obvious from my point of view, should of been day 1.

Sanjuro

What is the percentage of people that concerned about their statistics vs. people who drop from games or don't play to the other percentage's standards?

Sanjuro

You recently placed an order(s) for the Halo 5: Guardians - Gold REQ Pack. This new reward proved to be so popular that the demand is overwhelming. Due to this we're temporarily out of stock of the codes.

Let me assure you that we're working hard to get additional codes and hope to process your order(s) as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

You recently placed an order(s) for the Halo 5: Guardians - Gold REQ Pack. This new reward proved to be so popular that the demand is overwhelming. Due to this we're temporarily out of stock of the codes.

Let me assure you that we're working hard to get additional codes and hope to process your order(s) as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

Im not following, why are people posting their REQ purchases?

Karl2177

I got that email too. In fact I got it for each of the 25 that I ordered...

wwm0nkey

Yup got the email too. Waiting on my 100 codes!

(As soon as I unlock everything I'm going to give some out and maybe do a FFA tournament)

belushy

Banned
Fuck I should ordered more then..... thought after the 3rd one and not getting an email (and seeing other posts here) I gave up and assumed they would just return the points.

Hugstable

Banned
Got the email as well. Hope I get the Req packs still, ordered like 8 or so I think. Got addicted to playing Warzone Firefight yesterday so those packs would help me out with some req weapons lol

Fuchsdh

The problem I have with non-hitscan weapons is it doesn't work well in the context of the red reticule and aim magnetism, i.e. some pretty foundational elements of Halo. You'd need stuff like the Halo Reach Invasion/Elite tracking reticules to even start making it clearer to people.

Double Fuck!

Fuck A: I want my goddamn codes!

Fuck B: If they literally ran out of a product that you generate with a push of a button, that means a fuckload of people must have bought them, meaning that the already tenuously balanced in-game "economy" is going to be really fucking borked. Every WZ game is going to turn into legendary city.

Great to have a fresh 4v4 social experience in arena. Was about five games in before it really hit me that I wasn't playing dev maps but forge creations. Beaver creek and damnation look incredible for forge remakes. Chill Out unplayable laggy though, so much so the reticle drags across the screen. Crouch walking also not an insubstantial issue in the games I played. I wish movement speed wasn't increased by CE Magnum, gave the playlist an ice skate feel at times.

Rank resets and the gameplay found within the playlists continue to grow more absurd as the game ages and the population dwindles. Played my first game in a month in team slayer and I'm playing the same sort of diamond/onyx type player from when I was playing consistently. They're playing ultra serious crouch walk with rockets and call out gameplay and I'm trying to find my feet again. Why reset the ranks if you just play the same guys you'd play anyway? All in all this game needs a social 4v4 obj/slayer list and team matching. Forge is also criminally under-utilised. Maybe the custom browser completely reinvigorates this game?

Overall though, this game is still very, very good. Would also like to note how great the menu music is too.

Narrows, The Pit and Citadel are the only 4v4 maps worth remaking for Halo 5. BTB has Avalanche, Long Shore and Last Resort(Zanzibar is better) that are all pretty great.

Imagine a Ghost Town remake, a map where you got stuck on random ass shit jutting from the ground coupled with a developer that likes to do the very same in their maps. A match made in hell, truly.

Not gonna lie that was super painful. It felt like an eternity trying to sort out that game and actually get it going and then once we finally did it was far from compelling gameplay on our side lol. I'll admit to having no time to play earlier in the day and was completely unprepared for the lethality of that pistol.

thanks for watching though and it's great catching some positive Halo vibes on the internet even if it is only for a day or so. :)

Get this man in the company

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Narrows, The Pit and Citadel are the only 4v4 maps worth remaking for Halo 5. BTB has Avalanche, Long Shore and Last Resort(Zanzibar is better) that are all pretty great.

Imagine a Ghost Town remake, a map where you got stuck on random ass shit jutting from the ground coupled with a developer that likes to do the very same in their maps. A match made in hell, truly.

Narrows would not work at all with halo 5s movement

If we got Headlong (Should have been Sidewinder, still salty) in Halo CEA can we get Countdown for Halo 3 Anniversary?

Break it, or improve it? With some tweaks in mind, I think a lot of maps would work just as well, if not better in H5's sandbox.

Yeah I lean towards this, tweaks would be welcomed. Halo CEA had some great maps, they looked really nice to boot. The Damnation remake was awesome. Greatest map pack for Halo (shame it was in a not so great sandbox).

daedalius

So I think I like the CE playlist better than the regular h5 gameplay.

What does this say about me?

Also quitting is an epidemic. Give out packs for finishing games or something ffs. Every single game I've played in months has had quitters, it's even worse in the CE playlist.

belushy

Banned
If we got Headlong (Should have been Sidewinder, still salty) in Halo CEA can we get Countdown for Halo 3 Anniversary?

Yeah I lean towards this, tweaks would be welcomed. Halo CEA had some great maps, they looked really nice to boot. The Damnation remake was awesome. Greatest map pack for Halo (shame it was in a not so great sandbox).

I'll take Countdown over Narrows, actually.

Fuchsdh

Countdown would probably function a bit better with H5 movement options, although it still seems like the lift camping problem it inherited from Construct wouldn't be suitably addressed.

I'd really love remakes of the CEA variations of the CE maps, honestly. Penance and High Noon significantly improved on the originals by offering more ways to get up from the low ground without getting destroyed by pinpoint spawn camping like you could in the originals with more than a 2v2 matchup.

(Also, I believe ExWife noted yesterday that they didn't actually give the playlist maps a new name like usual remakes, they're just the original CE names. Random but odd.)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Was playing Warzone and everything was messed up. It didn't show my gun, vehicles were moving flipped over. It was weird, never seen it happen before.

Was playing Warzone and everything was messed up. It didn't show my gun, vehicles were moving flipped over. It was weird, never seen it happen before.
I've had it happen on the previous HaloGAF warzone sessions months ago. Not sure if the video is still available, but its hilarious while you can stand it.

It's called Construct.

Top Bottom