• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

From the livestream

DInxO0Y.png

Halo 6 confirmed? :D Halo is not dad? :D

I never used the word "fun" for Halo 5, usually doesn't come out of my mouth, but the true is, the CE Playlist is SO DAMN FUN dude!

But I wish they would have taken off the sprint for this playlist. :/
To me I think sprinters are punished in the playlist. With such a low TTK with the magnum it's hard for sprinting players to react before they're already dead lol.

Juan

Was this inspired from that Halo 2 quote from that one guy

Yeah!

To me I think sprinters are punished in the playlist. With such a low TTK with the magnum it's hard for sprinting players to react before they're already dead lol.

You're right, actually, I would take it off mostly because you can use the slide after sprinting, and adding that with the Thruster can be sometime frustrating/OP with the CE Magnum (I use this move sometime and players got some hard times shooting me).

Yeah!

You're right, actually, I would take it off mostly because you can use the slide after sprinting, and adding that with the Thruster can be sometime frustrating/OP with the CE Magnum (I use this move sometime and players got some hard times shooting me).
Yeah that's true. I'm not really sure why they didn't take off all of it.

Akai__

Battle Network 3 is so a damn near perfect game imo lol. But yeah it's a huge inspiration for my current project.

Also if Halo ever did another deck builder they should do something like XCOM gameplay with it

HaloGAF peeps liking MMBN. :O

Battle Network 3 and Battle Netowrk 5 Double Team DS are very good games. Especially the Liberation Missions in BN5. So freaking good.

Awesome to hear that you work on a project inspired by BN. I'll have to check that out when the day comes.

ManCannon

Probably the most unprofessional life stream so far. Sketch is dying inside.

Not gonna lie that was super painful. It felt like an eternity trying to sort out that game and actually get it going and then once we finally did it was far from compelling gameplay on our side lol. I'll admit to having no time to play earlier in the day and was completely unprepared for the lethality of that pistol.

thanks for watching though and it's great catching some positive Halo vibes on the internet even if it is only for a day or so. :)

Fuchsdh

Not gonna lie that was super painful. It felt like an eternity trying to sort out that game and actually get it going and then once we finally did it was far from compelling gameplay on our side lol. I'll admit to having no time to play earlier in the day and was completely unprepared for the lethality of that pistol.

thanks for watching though and it's great catching some positive Halo vibes on the internet even if it is only for a day or so. :)

New phone who dis

Did anyone recieve any gold packs from that Microsoft Store discount the other day? I still haven't'.

Battle Network 3 is so a damn near perfect game imo lol. But yeah it's a huge inspiration for my current project.

Thoughts on BN's 4-6 and 5DS? did you ever try 4.5?

Akai__

If Halo 3 has taught us anything it's that hitscan is a must for games like Halo.

Plenty of games to choose from that say otherwise these days. Just because the netcode on a 2007 game wasn't that good, doesn't mean that hitscan doesn't work. Halo 3 on dedicated servers, when they actually work, shows this 100%.

Juan

If Halo 3 has taught us anything it's that hitscan is a must for games like Halo.

I would say that one projectile weapon like DMR and Pistol should be hitscan.

BR should not as it makes the weapon way to OP for long range battle. Halo 3 would have been very good on BTB if you had DMR-like weapon (hitscan) on the map and not as a starting weapon while keeping the BR as it was for short to mid-range combat.

Of course, that is absolutely my own opinion.

Trup1aya

This is ske7ch, long time HaloGAF lurker, occasional poster, resurfacing from cryo sleep over the last few weeks.

Was really great seeing the Halo OT back on the front page this morning. :D

Thanks for stopping by.

Please dont forget to stop by TeamBeyond before that place has a collective mental breakdown.

IHaveIce

Banned

welcome pal

NOKYARD

This is ske7ch, long time HaloGAF lurker, occasional poster, resurfacing from cryo sleep over the last few weeks.

Was really great seeing the Halo OT back on the front page this morning. :D

Your name confused me. There is a long time Grifball community member/leader named ManCannon.

Really enjoyed the live stream, except for the part where they kept interrupting Uny as he tried to introduce the maps in the Classic playlist. The forgers deserved to have their names mentioned. I know some were very excited to have their creations shown on the live stream.

TCKaos

Only played one game so far, but the Anniversary playlist is hitting that itch for me. Maybe social slayer is the hero we need? It feels good knowing that I'm not being held to a standard so I can just fuck up and be comfortable in it.

HaloGAF saved, redeemed, legitimized. We've been struggling out here man.. We're rarely graced by Stinkles, Sir David Ellis probably hates 99% of us, and Tashi is a traitor to The Great Radar War, so I'm glad we now have you to embrace us with your LUV and passion.
New phone who dis
lol
okay, you can rank down from onyx now?

never touching team arena again after getting it back just now.

screw this. too stressful.
As I predicted, this decision will turn even more people off from Arena. This game is in dire need of a 4v4 unranked "Social Quickplay" playlist similar to Gears where you maintain the lobby game after game. I just want to casually play 4v4's in this game without stressing over ranks, like if I'm playing well enough to help my team win, worrying about quitters or the negbombers who spawn -> run towards red dots -> die -> rinse/repeat without concern for teammates and their performance, etc.

What makes this worse is that 343 has never commented on this.

EDIT:
Only played one game so far, but the Anniversary playlist is hitting that itch for me. Maybe social slayer is the hero we need? It feels good knowing that I'm not being held to a standard so I can just fuck up and be comfortable in it.
Funny timing ;b

Top Bottom