• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Juan

I never used the word "fun" for Halo 5, usually doesn't come out of my mouth, but the true is, the CE Playlist is SO DAMN FUN dude!

But I wish they would have taken off the sprint for this playlist. :/

Mistel

Banned
Funknown still around? You still owe me to play CE multi together we can play the throwback playlist in 5 if you'd like.

Finally confirmed the things we wanted to be confirm for months.

Also amazing work on the freeze frame across the office. Great job on the 15 years and may the future hold even greater things.

Edit: ah beamish truly the greatest character from halo lore.

Return of the grenade launcher would be a dream come true.
It's my favorite gun in Halo!!

That mannequin challenge was awesome.
The ending of Dan + Frankie + Kiki + Bonnie was hilarious.
I couldn't find David Ellis anywhere in it!

343 seems like an incredible place to work.

lmfao amazing finish to the stream -- 343 seems like the dream place to work as a Halo fan <3

I'd like to one day visit the studio and just lay down on the floor, soaking in all the history to cherish the memories in that moment.
CE playlist is great. Can it please be permanent?

I never used the word "fun" for Halo 5, usually doesn't come out of my mouth, but the true is, the CE Playlist is SO DAMN FUN dude!

Yeah, and there's definitely a steep skill curve with the CE Pistol. Reversals and being a single-unit wrecking force are possible; it's not as easy as you'd think with a 3sk hitscan starting weapon.
Funknown still around? You still owe me to play CE multi together we can play the throwback playlist in 5 if you'd like.
Let's do it <3 Send me a message whenever you're down.

Velikost

Saw that grenade launcher teaser at the end, bless.

What's this CE playlist I'm hearing about? I know about the 15th Ann. REQ pack

Was checking out my Microsoft Rewards thingy today and saw they had Halo 5 Gold Req Packs for 45-50 Reward Points each.

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/000400000041

Is it just me or does that seem kinda mispriced considering how much else everything else is in points? It's like 4500 points just for a 5$ digital code, and these packs are usually 2.99$ and only cost 45-50 points? I don't know if there's a catch or not, but I'm probably gonna get a crap ton as I don't know what else to spend my points on and I love halo 5 multi haha.

Wow, how the fuck did I miss this. I check MS Rewards like every day. I am salt

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Anniversary playlist is ok. Feels like remixed halo ce. Halo ce maps suck. Also, lots of frame rate issues and lag.

belushy

Banned
Truth without a dumb caster or fuel rod and throw a Grenade launcher instead!

Also put it on Plaza or Rig Strongholds.

Sentinel beam is awesome. Hope it fits its way on a few maps.

wwm0nkey

From the livestream

DInxO0Y.png

Man, going back and re-watching my clips from the beta, the medals were soooooo much better. Quickly and efficiently zipped across the screen in a nice little line.

The whole "3-medal limit" they put in the final game really kills the pacing of the medals. It's not very exciting scoring a triple or an overkill and having to wait for the medal to get its turn on the screen. I want to see that beauty the second I score it.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Return of the grenade launcher would be a dream come true.
It's my favorite gun in Halo!!

That mannequin challenge was awesome.
The ending of Dan + Frankie + Kiki + Bonnie was hilarious.
I couldn't find David Ellis anywhere in it!

343 seems like an incredible place to work.

I actually worked from home today since I needed to hit a deadline and thought all the anniversary awesomeness around the office would be too distracting. Though my MJOLNIR made an appearance. :)

I actually worked from home today since I needed to hit a deadline and thought all the anniversary awesomeness around the office would be too distracting. Though my MJOLNIR made an appearance. :)

Jeez you must be under the threat of being shot into the sun for missing out on all that, oh well maybe next year.

BizzyBum

Triple Kills commendation for the SC is now done!

Here's how many kills we need for the rest:

Lucky - 486
Grenade Kills - 8,731
Melee Kills - 11,686
Headshot Kills - 80,495
Reversal Kills - 8,164
Marine Kills - 18,134
Snipe the Driver Kills - 504
First Strikes - 3,661
Splatter Kills - 2,541
Vehicle Kills - 17,168
Assassinations - 2,918
Spartan Charge Kills - 6,156

Almost there!

Madness

Hang em high, plasma grenade the sniper and pick it up. Just like old times. Would be so much better without sprint and radar.

Madness

So many quit out of the damnation match. Even today there are still losers in the community. It is a match that doesn't mean anything.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Blitz Mode in HW2 makes me want a Halo card game, physical and digital. The LCG (living card games) games could be a great fit for Halo.

Nowise10

Was this inspired from that Halo 2 quote from that one guy

wwm0nkey

Blitz Mode in HW2 makes me want a Halo card game, physical and digital. The LCG (living card games) games could be a great fit for Halo.
Deck builder games > straight up card games

Phantom Dust, Mega Man Battle Network, and KH Chain of Memories make me wish there were more games where you build a deck but the gameplay is far removed from a TCG. I'm excited to see if I can really add HW2 to that list

I'm also currently working on a DMC inspired deck builder because we need more dammit!

Deck builder games > straight up card games

Phantom Dust, Mega Man Battle Network, and KH Chain of Memories make me wish there were more games where you build a deck but the gameplay is far removed from a TCG. I'm excited to see if I can really add HW2 to that list

I'm also currently working on a DMC inspired deck builder because we need more dammit!

We are best friends now.

Top Bottom