• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Retro

GhaleonEB said:
Except for this: the bulletin board - the one mentioning Jones, the missing cat - is freaking amazing in Anniversary mode.
I'm 99% sure it's a direct reference to something that originated on GAF.

..... it now has a response that says "Found your cat, check your PMs" doesn't it?

ElRenoRaven

Oh Oh OH

Pillar of Autumn Complete the level “Pillar of Autumn” on any difficulty.
Unlocked on 11/10/2011

He's making progress and I'm really pathetic for sitting here watching this. lmao

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
E-stalking Ghaleon? This is a new low.
KuGsj.gif

darthbob

I'd ask Ghaleon if I could come over to his place and watch...but that'd just be weird.

...yeah, it'd be weird.

GhaleonEB said:
I'll PM it shortly.

I meant to change my status to offline before I started playing - wasn't my intent to start a ruckus; I just plain forgot. You can imagine I might have gotten distracted.

I'm not going to make the wait longer for you guys by teasing stuff, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Except for this: the bulletin board - the one mentioning Jones, the missing cat - is freaking amazing in Anniversary mode.
Jones the missing cat is an Alien reference.

ElRenoRaven

Slightly Live said:
E-stalking Ghaleon? This is a new low.
KuGsj.gif

As I said we have only him to live vicariously through till Tuesday. I'm just refreshing Xbox.com every so often while watching shows on the DVR. lol

GhaleonEB

Okay, one more thing. I don't think this is a spoiler since I tried to uncover it at HaloFest and didn't have time.

There's a mancannon on Installation 04, which fires from the open area to the top of the main platform. My question was, would AI use it, or just us?

AI use it. Just got punked by a stream of four Grunts sailing through the air and into my face. Map of the forever.

Can't wait to play Limited on it in the Anniversary playlist.
Scullibundo said:
Jones the missing cat is an Alien reference.
I know, that was the old one. The new one is not.

Dude, you know how much of a Cameron and Halo fan I am. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
AI use it. Just got punked by a stream of four Grunts sailing through the air and into my face. Map of the forever.

I remember your disappointment for not finding out. Hope it's just Grunts. A few Elites or Hunters using it would just be...
KuGsj.gif

Sounds sweet.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Slightly Live said:
I remember your disappointment for not finding out. Hope it's just Grunts. A few Elites or Hunters using it would just be...
KuGsj.gif

Sounds sweet.
They showcased two elite generals using it during the Achievement Hunter fly-through.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Please post (spoiler tagged) what it says on the board Ghal, curiosity is killing me. xD
Nope, I really don't want to spoil it. But it's the only thing I'll tease, promise.

I guarantee all of the HaloGAF old guard will get it instantly, including you.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
GhaleonEB said:
Nope, I really don't want to spoil it. But it's the only thing I'll tease, promise.

Thank you fine sir. We've intentionally tried to keep this under wraps till launch. :)

………,………………..,……,………….,……,……………………
…,,..,………………………,……:,,::,,:,.,,,,:,.,,………,…,..,,….
..,..,,…..,……2illl▓▓███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓………,..,,..
,…,..,…,.k▓█▓▓▓▓lBEnjjBllllllBjzv░1JTHtq8tL;..,…nll█▓…….,…,,
..,……v▓█M:..,::,,:;1JBt;,…,….q:……:vFll▓▓llEL…..█▓,……,…
,…,…..█,,,…░;……..;x,…….,:,,..,,:,,……..,░,,,…..█lM…….,,
…..,:n█▓…,..Lii███▓B1……..tj▓▓▓█████lM.,,……..j█▓;……
…W██▓w,,..,Y▓▓█████M…k██▓▓▓█▓lll▓▓v▓▓▓▓▓;.▓█▓…
..#ll█::vn▓▓▓▓g;J:..,.t█▓…………….,n▓▓glll▓▓▓▓Wl▓▓.wll█..
…zi█;:..,..,t▓7▓▓░2ll█▓:……,.X▓Bq..,………Bll▓▓█▓.El█3.F█lll
…..▓█1t;3█▓.,…Wl██,..,..f▓▓Mi█W,rB▓▓▓█lB;..▓█lBt█lK.:;█..
….,.f█▓W███▓▓7:..▒▓█M..tjBl▓██▓Bjzr▒█▓Bj██jY.,..,h█▓2..
…..,..j█.jll█Bl▓▒ll█fjllllll█llBIjj█6;:..▒▓▓▓████,l█▓……Bl█▓..,..
,……U█.;r█████▓▓▓█▓▓█▓▓█████Bj..C██W…..yi█;:…….
……..j█…█████████████▓lM:.k▓M..f▓█W,…,..lll█8:…..,…
,……N▓,..B██▓▓.█M1▓▓.,..j█….,;8l██▓W,…..░ll██r:…..,,..,,
……r▓▓…..▒ll▓▓▓██▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓881xtll▓▓██▓I….,..,,..,…
……I█▓.6;,.░;,,,..,..;r░::v7::,..;YTn;xtll▓▓█▓▓n……….,,..,…..
…..w█▓..,JjlgglllBjkT:,..,………,,.,W▓▓▓▓H……………,,..,..,,..
,……U█▓r….,……,……,;rll▓l█▓▓▓▓t,..,……….,..,,..,..,,.,,….
………▒ll███▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓BBj::….,……,…..,,..,..,,..,..,,.,,…
,…,..,………….,…,……,……,..,…,..,……,……,…,……,……..

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
About that...
Yeah. I read. Twas poking them a bit.

I wish it was slotted in there. Adds a bit of insult to injury that it's not even in the Anniversary playlist as a game type. :(

lybertyboy said:
Thank you fine sir. We've intentionally tried to keep this under wraps till launch. :)
Bravo, BTW. I've some crow to eat regarding my first take on the project.

feel

GhaleonEB said:

haha cool

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
GhaleonEB said:
Bravo, BTW. I've some crow to eat regarding my first take on the project.

If you want to rock some co-op, let me know.

Edit: I decided to post this publicly in lieu of the obligatory PM. You're welcome guys.

Karl2177

GhaleonEB said:

Even though I'm not old guard, hype increased tenfold.

GhaleonEB said:
Hype!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Went to the MS Store in Valley Fair today and realized that it actually launched today so it was really crowded and the employees were over-enthusiastic.

The MS Store is BEAUTIFUL. I love that MS has dedicated their new image to the metro design across all their products and services (Windows, Smartphones, Xbox, Slates, etc.) and they went full speed with that in their store's design and display.

I went there to check it out and pre-order CEA before I go back there Monday night for the launch event. I'm pretty sure the MS store has the best deal for pre-ordering the game. Basically, you get $5 off your purchase (removing the tax portion, essentially) and a $25 gift card to use at their store.

P.S. Thought it was cute that MS positioned the store to be 10 feet directly across from the Apple store. :p

Domino Theory said:
Went to the MS Store in Valley Fair today and realized that it actually launched today so it was really crowded and the employees were over-enthusiastic.

The MS Store is BEAUTIFUL. I love that MS has dedicated their new image to the metro design across all their products and services (Windows, Smartphones, Xbox, Slates, etc.) and they went full speed with that in their store's design and display.

I went there to check it out and pre-order CEA before I go back there Monday night for the launch event. I'm pretty sure the MS store has the best deal for pre-ordering the game. Basically, you get $5 off your purchase (removing the tax portion, essentially) and a $25 gift card to use at their store.

P.S. Thought it was cute that MS positioned the store to be 10 feet directly across from the Apple store. :p

You're kidding. Is that true? I might just have to cancel my preorder at Gamestop. But at the same time, the closest Microsoft store to me is...a good 20 minutes away.

Damn...

What is the deal with streaming games early?

I will have Anniversary tomorrow or Saturday, am I allowed to stream it?

edit: since apparently it needs to be clarified, the game will be a LEGIT copy.

Karl2177

Ajemsuhgao said:
You're kidding. Is that true? I might just have to cancel my preorder at Gamestop. But at the same time, the closest Microsoft store to me is...a good 20 minutes away.

Damn...
Take the deal. I have to drive 20 minutes to get to the nearest Gamestop; Over 120 miles if I wanted to go to a Microsoft store!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'm guessing there isn't going to be any Blood Gulch in the anniversary playlist(s)? Since its a Reach map and all.

Pretty sucky. Loved that map in CE and the PC demo of course.

Am I jelly of Ghaleon?

Yep

Domino Theory said:

Something that is a fact, not an opinion: Metro design UI is awesome.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Domino Theory said:

Protip: If you go to the midnight release, most of the MS stores are also giving a $25GC for picking it up then. Yes, that's right... so long as you buy a few games to cover the first $25 GC pre-order deal, they're basically paying YOU to get Halo.

Skel1ingt0n said:
Protip: If you go to the midnight release, most of the MS stores are also giving a $25GC for picking it up then. Yes, that's right... so long as you buy a few games to cover the first $25 GC pre-order deal, they're basically paying YOU to get Halo.
That's insane... I'm going to have to do this for Halo 4 I think.

Hey You

Devin Olsen said:
What is the deal with streaming games early?

I will have Anniversary tomorrow or Saturday, am I allowed to stream it?
Hmm, I wonder as well. Will MS treat it like a leak and request the stream shut down?

Dead

well not really...yet
So I was at the microsoft store today and they had a ridiculous pre-order deal for this.

Put down $10, and pay only $35 for the game, rather than $40 PLUS get a $25 Gift Card AND if you come to the midnight opening, you get ANOTHER $25 Gift Card

They're essentially paying you to get the game.

There has to be some catch to this right, I mean, what the hell

edit: lol at this being posted right above, but seriously, its ridiculous.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Dead said:
So I was at the microsoft store today and they had a ridiculous pre-order deal for this.

Put down $10, and pay only $35 for the game, rather than $40 PLUS get a $25 Gift Card AND if you come to the midnight opening, you get ANOTHER $25 Gift Card

Is there a limit per customer?

Dead said:

Yeah, definitely moving my preorder. Damn.

Dead

well not really...yet
Thats $25 you could put down on AC:R or SR3 on that same day.

The 2nd $25 GC IIRC the dude said came in the mail

Top Bottom