• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Are you F***ING kidding me?!

Am I stupid? Please tell me I'm missing something. Is there really no objective-only playlist?

I just want rotations of CTF and Assault. I love Halo, but I HATE Slayer.

Not even exaggerating, if there is no objective-only playlist, I'm gonna cancel my $30 NewEgg preorder. Real shame.

FyreWulff

Skel1ingt0n said:
Are you F***ING kidding me?!

Am I stupid? Please tell me I'm missing something. Is there really no objective-only playlist?

I just want rotations of CTF and Assault. I love Halo, but I HATE Slayer.

Not even exaggerating, if there is no objective-only playlist, I'm gonna cancel my $30 NewEgg preorder. Real shame.

There hasn't been an objective-only playlist in Reach since the July update. They're probably never going to do a CEA-only objective playlist because there'd be like 20 people in it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
FyreWulff said:
There hasn't been an objective-only playlist in Reach since the July update. They're probably never going to do a CEA-only objective playlist because there'd be like 20 people in it.

Well that's very disappointing. I'll never understand why they can't at least give us the option. Objective BTB on Headling is an amazing game type; but with the current setup I know I'll just end up getting irritated as others continuously vote for Slayer.

Well, I could look past all the shortcomings of this collection - I'm the only one out of my friends planning to get this, when all of us got Reach at launch. But that's the last straw; I suppose I'll be canceling this in the afternoon.

aDDiKt24

Banned
There definately should be an objective only playlist for the CEA release. I loved Halo when it was all about objectives, now with the heavy focus on slayer it turns me off the game. We have covered this before so I dont want to start an argument again.

Bring back the love for objective in Halo 4.

4v4 on Headlong was pretty much all I used to do on system link way back when. Looking forward to playing the better gametypes with a full party.

Flipyap

Anniversary Firefight
Contains our most popular Firefight variants
Map: Installation 04
Game types: Arcade Fistfight, Arcade Nadefight, Arcade Rocketfight, Arcade Sniperfight, Arcade FRGfight, Arcade Plasmafight, Arcade Fiestafight, Arcade Arcadefight

Survival mode, the Halo way. What a joke. :(

Flipyap said:
Anniversary Firefight
Game types: Arcade Fistfight, Arcade Nadefight, Arcade Rocketfight, Arcade Sniperfight, Arcade FRGfight, Arcade Plasmafight, Arcade Fiestafight, Arcade Arcadefight

Agreed. The total lack of any new Firefight configurations is extremely disappointing, especially considering 343 removed the Limited playlist but kept two gametypes that are practically identical (FRG and Rocketfight).

Can't say I'm in love with the combo offerings for the regular playlists, either. I stay as far away from any/every snipers gametype, but there it is in all it's 'glory' in the Classic playlists. argh

Flipyap said:
Anniversary Firefight

Concerning Firefight...

I am assuming there will be a "Score Attack" option and all the game types associated with it for the Installation 04 map for the solo firefighter in me in HCEA? I am also assuming when playing with the full Reach suite including the HCEA DLC it will go into rotation with all the other firefight maps in "Score Attack?" Is this correct?

Amazin86er said:
Concerning Firefight...

I am assuming there will be a "Score Attack" option and all the game types associated with it for the Installation 04 map for the solo firefighter in me in HCEA? I am also assuming when playing with the full Reach suite including the HCEA DLC it will go into rotation with all the other firefight maps in "Score Attack?" Is this correct?
If you only play via the CEA disc, you only have access to the Installation 04 playlist. No score attack. So no Solo-FF in HCEA.

If you install the Anniversary DLC and play them via Reach, you will see Installation 04 in normal Score Attack.

Retro

I think I speak for... well... me, but I get the general feeling that my opinion is shared amongst the majority of HaloGAF (of which I am only thinly a part of by association) when I say "You got your Reach all over my Halo CEA!", to which the Halo Reach fans say "But you got your Halo CEA in my Reach!". Both of them.

I really don't understand why there's more TU stuff in this Anniversary-centric update than pure Classic, I dunno why I'd ever set foot out of the Classic playlist except when I'm itching for BTB, at which point I'm sure we'll see the BKs vote up the non-classic game types to drive me right back out.

At least CEA will get HaloGAF playing more actively so there's Customs, or at the very least people to play with that don't suck.

Retro said:
At least CEA will get HaloGAF playing more actively so there's Customs, or at the very least people to play with that don't suck.
lol. be realistic, that won't happen.

ElzarTheBam said:
My order has been dispatched!
I should've pre-ordered the game at your retailer. Otherwise I would play the game this weekend instead of learning.

monome

The wait is crushing.

Since Microsoft has decided not to include english voices in non US/UK copies of its Halo games I'm stuck waiting for my UK-imported copy, same stuff with MW3 and Skyrim...Grrrr

Halo CE Anniversary will be my first play through the game. Bought the Xbox live Halo CE but never managed to get through the graphics and only played some LAN on Xbox back in the day.

monome said:
The wait is crushing.

Since Microsoft has decided not to include english voices in non US/UK copies of its Halo games I'm stuck waiting for my UK-imported copy, same stuff with MW3 and Skyrim...Grrrr

Halo CE Anniversary will be my first play through the game. Bought the Xbox live Halo CE but never managed to get through the graphics and only played some LAN on Xbox back in the day.
The German version will have the english dub.

ElzarTheBam said:
My order has been dispatched!

ShopTo have just processed my order but haven't said they've dispatched it yet. If I'm lucky they'll ship it tonight/tomorrow and I'll get in on Saturday.

Flipyap

squidhands said:
Agreed. The total lack of any new Firefight configurations is extremely disappointing, especially considering 343 removed the Limited playlist but kept two gametypes that are practically identical (FRG and Rocketfight).

Can't say I'm in love with the combo offerings for the regular playlists, either. I stay as far away from any/every snipers gametype, but there it is in all it's 'glory' in the Classic playlists. argh
Free Credits Arcade playlists might be more popular (and how could they no be? They give you free credits!), but making that the only matchmaking option for a new Firefight map is embarrassing.
You won't even get to see the new features in that mode. Chain hog? Kinda hard shooting your infinite rockets from that thing. The ODSTs? They will explode one second into the match.

Firefight Limited was the only thing I still wanted to play in Reach, so the recent matchmaking updates made the game pretty much useless for me. I can't easily get full custom games of Firefight going at any time. I can't imagine many players can... unlike Doubles, which was allowed to exist in its own playlist. None of this makes much sense to me, but hey, free credits, right?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tha Robbertster said:
Prisoner looks awesome. Can't wait till I can explore that map myself and look at all the stuff on the map.

It is. I never gave that map much play back in the day, but I am so into the new version. Also I got ding*blained hardcore last night on Beaver.

* 3 shot pistol massacre is DingBlain.

OuterWorldVoice said:
It is. I never gave that map much play back in the day, but I am so into the new version. Also I got ding*blained hardcore last night on Beaver.

DingBlain is the new DongBlain?

Dang!

Stinkles

ncsuDuncan said:
DingBlain is the new DongBlain?

Dang!

DangBlain is a suicide.

"Aw crap I done DangBlained my own self." (falls off Uncaged after heroic backward grenade throw-jump)

KevinRo

OuterWorldVoice said:

Did Frankie just conjugate dong? I approve of this.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
In the video the little ripple effect the warthog's wheels used to cause on the light bridges was gone. :[ Or at least one of the videos I saw it didn't seem to be there. That was like one of my favorite effects in Halo.

ElzarTheBam said:
Shopto, when I ACTUALLY get it though, depends on royal mail.

Yeah, I've been wary with despatch notices and when I'll get the game itself, case in point tesco dispatched my copy of reach the thursday before release, but it only arrived on the Monday.

I chose Game (splashing some reward points on this) this time round, hoping for a monday deilvery.

feel

Jtwo said:
In the video the little ripple effect the warthog's wheels used to cause on the light bridges was gone. :[ Or at least one of the videos I saw it didn't seem to be there. That was like one of my favorite effects in Halo.
I noticed that immediately as well when I saw it. I hope it's still there in original graphics, the icebreaking in AOTCR too.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, the icebreaking isn't there either?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, same here! Can't wait to hear the new music as well, Under Cover of Night was one of my favorites.

Stinkles

Jtwo said:
Yeah, same here! Can't wait to hear the new music as well, Under Cover of Night was one of my favorites.

New and old. It was added quite late, but you can choose between original and expensive deluxe. Via menu, not via "back" buton.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OuterWorldVoice said:
New and old. It was added quite late, but you can choose between original and expensive deluxe. Via menu, not via "back" buton.
You're talking about the music, right? Thats fancy. So then does that mean its possible to play with old graphics and new soundtrack?

OuterWorldVoice said:
DangBlain is a suicide.

"Aw crap I done DangBlained my own self." (falls off Uncaged after heroic backward grenade throw-jump)
Well then to take it to the logical conclusion:

DengBlain - Defeat the player hosting the game despite the connection being terrible because he lives in China.
DyngBlain - Somehow manage to get a Kill from the Grave and a Headshot at the same time.
DungBlain - Pop someone out of Armor Lock (TU settings) and kill them, proclaiming "GET THAT SHIT OUTTA HERE."

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
Was an "original sound effects (low quality)" setting even considered? Or were you guys dead set on only having the new ones from the start.

I would totally pay for original audio DLC.

well, anniversary finally got me to purchase a 16gb flash drive to be able to install the maps.

is there any issue with installing the entire game and running it from the usb stick?

Stinkles

Letters said:
Was an "original sound effects (low quality)" setting even considered? Or were you guys dead set on only having the new ones from the start.

I would totally pay for original audio DLC.

Would you pay $19.99 for it?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So how does Newegg work with this shit? I pre ordered through them. I doubt I get same day delivery. Standard shipping next tuesday?

Tashi0106 said:
So how does Newegg work with this shit? I pre ordered through them. I doubt I get same day delivery. Standard shipping next tuesday?

i hope it ships sooner than that. my order is still showing that they haven't gotten it in stock yet though.

monome

Fufufufu.

This thread made me realise that the game would ship with english dub in any version, and well I'm weak for Halo, so too bad I preordered but I double dipped at my local gameshop that happened to sell Assassin's creed, Skyrim and Halo early.

Halo CE Anniversary get! hummmm, perfect 'cause tomorrow is a Holyday.

Tashi0106 said:

I preordered Batman from them with the standard shipping and I think it ended up coming on Thursday.

Top Bottom