• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

I need some clarification for the achievements.

So all the campaign ones for Anniversary total 1000G, right? So are the mutliplayer achievements a part of Reach's gamerscore or Anniversary's?

Dax01 said:
I need some clarification for the achievements.

So all the campaign ones for Anniversary total 1000G, right? So are the mutliplayer achievements a part of Reach's gamerscore or Anniversary's?
Yep. Technically you get two games with Anniversary:
Halo Combat Evolved with 1000GS, and if you start the multiplayer, you'll magically play Halo: Reach.
The Multiplayer achievements are part of Reach's gamerscore.

Letters said:
but I need a definitive version of the campaign!
The definitve edition of "First Strike" wasn't that good. :p *troll*

Hypertrooper said:
Yep. Technically you get two games with Anniversary:
Halo Combat Evolved with 1000GS, and if you start the multiplayer, you'll magically play Halo: Reach.
The Multiplayer achievements are part of Reach's gamerscore.

The definitve edition of "First Strike" wasn't that good. :p *troll*

Right, well, there are 250 to be posted up on Reach, making it 1650. However, someone earlier spotted another 50 revealed for the Defiance Map Pack. So does that mean it's 1700 now? And does that mean that last 50 is being saved for a final update? Hm.

FateBreaker said:
Right, well, there are 250 to be posted up on Reach, making it 1650. However, someone earlier spotted another 50 revealed for the Defiance Map Pack. So does that mean it's 1700 now? And does that mean that last 50 is being saved for a final update? Hm.
Right. It looks like this. But if they want, they don't have to give Reach the last 50GS.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hydranockz said:
Can anyone confirm if the girder on Headlong still moves when you jump on it?

Or did they pull a Midship on it?

That would be cool if they kept it. I remember the strat of driving a warthog on that and jumping it all the way to the top of the base near where rockets spawned. I only over pulled it off a few times.

KevinRo

Does anyone know if there is a definitive time for when the game comes out on Games on Demand and does anyone know when the maps from the Remake will be offered as a map pack for Reach only players?

KevinRo said:
Does anyone know if there is a definitive time for when the game comes out on Games on Demand and does anyone know when the maps from the Remake will be offered as a map pack for Reach only players?
The maps will be available for 1200msp on November 15, too.

feel

KevinRo said:
Nov 15, 1200pts

edit-

FFS hypa!!!!!!

Dax01 said:
Waypoint has an article up about the soundtrack.

I wish we had an online sample somewhere that I can listen to over and over again leading up to release. :*(
There's this
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8q9t2m

I've listened to it so much, that when I finally play the game it will be weird to not have the tracks transition into other tracks in those specific moments like in the sample.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
KevinRo said:

No date set for Games on Demand. The maps will be available as DLC (1200 pts, 7 maps) on Tuesday 15th. Same date as the boxed game.

I'm gonna guess Headlong's girders are rigid due to possible forging shenanigans. Would love to be wrong, sword duels were hilarious on that girder, especially when system link would show some players falling off when they thought they were still on it :p

GhaleonEB

Getting caught up now, and I'll update the OP with some notables shortly. Huge props to Microsoft and 343 for making the Anniversary map pack available same day as CEA. I didn't expect that. Nice way to broaden the players that will have the new maps right out the gates.

I'm more happy for Ghal than jealous. That dude more than deserves a little love at this time
of the departure of FF Limited.

Hydranockz said:
I'm more happy for Ghal than jealous. That dude more than deserves a little love at this time
of the departure of FF Limited.
I agree with this.

Ghal, let us know your impressions of the Terminals if you can.

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
I agree with this.

Ghal, let us know your impressions of the Terminals if you can.

Oh I think we can all agree on that. Look at the stuff Ghal has done for all of us before. He does without a doubt deserve it. The only thing I wanna know is if it's still there in retail. I'm pretty sure Halogaf knows what I'm talking about. lol

ElRenoRaven

Hydranockz said:
We can only hope and his daughter doesn't regularly shout grenade when he is playing.

Oh that would be hilarious to see. He's playing and the daughter just starts yelling grenade and reload randomly. I'd laugh my ass off at that.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
PsychoRaven said:
Oh I think we can all agree on that. Look at the stuff Ghal has done for all of us before. He does without a doubt deserve it. The only thing I wanna know is if it's still there in retail. I'm pretty sure Halogaf knows what I'm talking about. lol
Yes, Ghaleon. The shotgun. The most important unanswered question.

PsychoRaven said:
Oh that would be hilarious to see. He's playing and the daughter just starts yelling grenade and reload randomly. I'd laugh my ass off at that.
"Scan that grenade while you reload dad!"

ElRenoRaven

I feel so dirty watching his status on Xbox.com

What have we here? Read a terminal.
Unlocked on 11/10/2011

Hydranockz said:
"Scan that grenade while you reload dad!"

ROFLMAO. I wonder what the 360 would do to that. It would so lock up trying to figure out what to do.

GhaleonEB

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't know if anyone actually took it, but I could use one.
I'll PM it shortly.

I meant to change my status to offline before I started playing - wasn't my intent to start a ruckus; I just plain forgot. You can imagine I might have gotten distracted.

I'm not going to make the wait longer for you guys by teasing stuff, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Except for this: the bulletin board - the one mentioning Jones, the missing cat - is freaking amazing in Anniversary mode.
I'm 99% sure it's a direct reference to something that originated on GAF.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
I'll PM it shortly.

I meant to change my status to offline before I started playing - wasn't my intent to start a ruckus; I just plain forgot. You can imagine I might have gotten distracted.

I'm not going to make the wait longer for you guys by teasing stuff, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Except for this: the bulletin board - the one mentioning Jones, the missing cat - is freaking amazing in Anniversary mode.

It's all good man. It's all good. We're living vicariously through you till Tuesday.

Retro

PsychoRaven said:

You guys missed the ForgeGAF meet-up where my wife took the laser pointer we use to play with the cats and shined it on my radar. The sad part is how long it took me to figure out what the hell was going on.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
oh snap

GhaleonEB said:
I'll PM it shortly.

Jones the missing Cat?

Wait.. do we get our own Easter egg?

Guys calm down we all know Ghaleon is going to take 3 days just playing firefight alone :p

Top Bottom