• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

FyreWulff

Dax01 said:
Halo 3 had slow downs? Halo 2 did?

Yes and Yes

Halo 2: Scarab battle, Delta Halo, Quarantine Zone, Tartarsauce battle

Halo 3: Forward Unto Dawn landing, The Ark's battle before going inside, The Covenant air battle and certain parts of the 2-scarab battle, Cortana, going up to the control room on Halo, the last run

ODST I can only remember coming close during Kikowani Station if an Engi house asploded during a heated battle.

Kibbles

Roddslayer said:
Ad_oiuzCQAA41Qz.jpg

OOooh It looks like we're getting a slick cardboard slip for the game case. I loved the one that Red Dead came in.
Ooo sexy.

daedalius

Roddslayer said:
Ad_oiuzCQAA41Qz.jpg

OOooh It looks like we're getting a slick cardboard slip for the game case. I loved the one that Red Dead came in.

Do all of the pre-orders/first-round purchases come with this?

Never actually figured out if my midnight pickup at Best Buy qualifies as a 'preorder'.

S1kkZ said:
the framerate is not "bad", its just under 30 fps (that causes the stutter) which is not acceptable to me. like i said: a lot of people dont notice these judders, sadly i am not one of them.
A remake of a 10 year old game and it still can't even maintain a locked 30fps? Consider my heart thoroughly dashed.

GhaleonEB said:
No issues. Was buttah.
21ovgib.png

And yet there is still hope.

FyreWulff said:
Yes and Yes

Halo 3: Forward Unto Dawn landing, The Ark's battle before going inside, The Covenant air battle and certain parts of the 2-scarab battle, Cortana, going up to the control room on Halo, the last run
Don't remember any of that from Halo 2/3. Smooth as butter for me.

And that's so awesome how Bungie got free copies of Anniversary.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
Yes and Yes

ODST I can only remember coming close during Kikowani Station if an Engi house asploded during a heated battle.

In ODST you'd also get some nasty stutter when nearing one of the doors to enter another section if you rode up to it on a Mongoose.

ElRenoRaven

So after watching the Frankie Gamespot thing I'm not as worried as I was now. I could see the stutter on the POA as it was going across the screen but other then that time it looked pretty smooth. Oddly enough on Reach it stuttered in the same spot too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PsychoRaven said:
So after watching the Frankie Gamespot thing I'm not as worried as I was now. I could see the stutter on the POA as it was going across the screen but other then that time it looked pretty smooth. Oddly enough on Reach it stuttered in the same spot too.

It is a bigass spaceship bro.

S1kkZ said:
okay, first impresions after playing the first level and the opening of halo.

-sadly, the framerate is a bit of a problem. there is a constant annoying stutter, many people probably wont notice it. the game is not running at constant 30 fps, more like 25-28 fps. in some areas, the framerate drops even lower for a few moments. this also slightly (!) affects the gameplay, game (controls, aiming, pistol) does not feel 100% like the old halo i remember. framerate in the cutscenes is a real problem. really bad framedrops in the opening cutscene.

This is so disappointing to hear. I really had hopes they'd get that smoothed out by release.

Quite honestly, it's kind of unforgivable this wasn't fixed. This game is obviously not a graphical showpiece, so what kind of amateurs couldn't get this running smoothly on this hardware?

Not a good first showing for 343 studios with this. If you want to be known as a premiere team you've got to get it done right.

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
No Halo game, ever, has been 'buttah'.
I did not encounter any noticeable frame drops in the two levels I played.

Is that better?

Roddslayer said:
I give those to my kids. They like to cut'em up.

Slip cases are dumb, especially if the art is the same as the regular cover. I take them all off of Blu-rays and games and just toss em in a drawer.

feel

Flipyap said:
"When Reach brought back health packs..."

Don't cry, ODST, I still remember that you exist. I'm sure the bad man didn't mean it.
Fucking reach and its brainwashing of Halo players. Fuck that game. FUCK IT.

ElRenoRaven

Flipyap said:
"When Reach brought back health packs..."

Don't cry, ODST, I still remember that you exist. I'm sure the bad man didn't mean it.

What is this ODST you speak of? It sounds very interesting. Is it a call of duty game or something? ;)

TheOddOne

PsychoRaven said:
What is this ODST you speak of? It sounds very interesting. Is it a call of duty game or something? ;)
It's the one where they make grunts the vocal point of the whole story, exploring their backstory. Their forefathers where called critters, the heated up 7 marshmallows but one of the marshmellows mutated into the phlood. Now they are on the quest to destory the phlood, only one grunt can save them. His name is Grunt 117.

ElRenoRaven

TheOddOne said:
It's the one where they make grunts the vocal point of the whole story, exploring their backstory. Their forefathers where called critters, the heated up 7 marshmallows but one of the marshmellows mutated into the phlood. Now they are on the quest to destory the phlood, only one grunt can save them. His name is Grunt 117.

HAHAHAHAHA. That would be a hilarious game to play. Make it so 343.

Flipyap

Hypertrooper said:
Halo looks so awesome. It's like a dream. I will never complete the campaign, because I'm going to play Halo again and again. Best mission ever. I especially like Frankie's talking about exploration, gave me hope that we get more mission like Halo in Halo 4.
Shouldn't you be hoping that H4LO is an open world game instead? It would be all "Halo," all the time. You wouldn't even need no stinkin' missions!

Flipyap said:
Shouldn't you be hoping that H4LO is an open world game instead? It would be all "Halo," all the time. You wouldn't even need no stinkin' missions!
First I want is that evey model and object is ornamented with hexagons. Otherwise I prefer open-world like mission over a open-world game. But I don't really mind if H4l0 is a OW game.

Flipyap

Sai-kun said:
Flipyap! I haven't seen you post in forever!! :D
Why, hello there. That's probably because I haven't been posting much since... since Reach came out, I guess (what a bummer, that game). I do hover around other Halo threads, whenever those pop up. Couldn't be more ready to board the H4LO hype train.

CyReN

Just paid off at Gamestop, feel like I'm going to be the only one getting it at midnight with Assassin Creed and Saints Row 3 coming out..

Ramirez

CyReN said:
Just paid off at Gamestop, feel like I'm going to be the only one getting it at midnight with Assassin Creed and Saints Row 3 coming out..

lol, I would like to think Halo has a little more clout than to get totally out shined by those 2 franchises...

Ramirez

ViewtifulJC said:
So do I get the prior map packs Noble/Defiant if I buy Anniversary? Are those maps any good?

No, you don't. The maps are average at best anyways, especially compared to the CEA maps.

Top Bottom