• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Retro

ViewtifulJC said:
So do I get the prior map packs Noble/Defiant if I buy Anniversary? Are those maps any good?

To answer your questions;
1. No
2. Nobody knows; they never come up in matchmaking. /sadface

One of the main reasons I quit playing this game so many months ago was bad maps :/

Thank God for this CEA release, although I don't know who's bright idea was it to put 4v4 Team Snipers on Headlong back in rotation. Like it wasn't bad enough in Halo 2 >_>

Homeboyd

CyReN said:
Just paid off at Gamestop, feel like I'm going to be the only one getting it at midnight with Assassin Creed and Saints Row 3 coming out..
My GameStop said they have "4 other titles releasing at midnight" the same night as Halo CEA.

AC and SR3.. What are the other 2 that would qualify for a midnight release?

Sai-kun

Banned
Homeboyd said:
My GameStop said they have "4 other titles releasing at midnight" the same night as Halo CEA.

AC and SR3.. What are the other 2 that would qualify for a midnight release?

The four titles launching Nov. 15th are

Halo: CEA
SR3
AC: Rev
NFS: The Run.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Blinding said:
I have a question for anyone that pre-ordered through NewEgg, has your pre-order gone through yet?
No, it hasn't. And it sucks, because I don't think I registered my email when I made my purchase, either, so I have no proof that I actually placed the pre-order... And now I'm starting to wonder if I made the whole thing up, haha. I checked my email, I logged into NewEgg.com, and I checked my debit history... And no record of the purchase. I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm just crossing my fingers, hopin' that the game arrives next week.

SteveWinwood said:
So he was playing inverted flight controls... which are normally inverted anyway? So like... normal controls killed them?
I'll be honest, I don't get inverted controls for flight at all. Up being up and down being down is superior, even in a helicopter dammit

heckfu

Banned
Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
I'll be honest, I don't get inverted controls for flight at all. Up being up and down being down is superior, even in a helicopter dammit

because you don't 'pull down,' you 'pull up'

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Tradition.
28tb4mo.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
heckfu said:
because you don't 'pull down,' you 'pull up'

im afraid i won't be able to play CEA when it comes out :( I'm gonna get it, but it's the last week of school and i'm gonna have so much stuff to do.

Monocle

OuterWorldVoice said:
What do you mean, those people?
There was a time I embraced your kind with open arms, until that fateful day when I switched controllers with a friend during team doubles. His eccentric aiming preference sealed my doom. That blood is on your hands, sir. Will you heap insult atop injury and deny it?

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Friends don't let friends play inverted.

EYEL1NER

Skel1ingt0n said:
Point being, if you pre-ordered from NewEgg using the promo code to get the game for $29.99, I would recommend that you double check the status of the order to be certain it's still coming your way. Just a friendly tip :)
Thanks for the heads up. It reminded me to go and cancel my pre-order since I have a better deal than $29.99 lined up. I'll be getting it and Saint's Row 3 for $15 from Kmart instead.

Kibbles

I started out Halo: CE on inverted, probably cause I was used to it on all the N64 shooter games. I ended up switching to default sometime, not sure when/why or how I got used to it so fast but it's all I play now. I have difficulty playing inverted nowadays.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Skel1ingt0n said:
I've since shot off a support email to NewEgg, more out of curiosity than anything.

Point being, if you pre-ordered from NewEgg using the promo code to get the game for $29.99, I would recommend that you double check the status of the order to be certain it's still coming your way. Just a friendly tip :)
I finally found my order number and yup, I'm having the same issue. Guess I'm gonna give them a call on Monday or something. Thanks for the heads up.

malfcn

omg.kittens said:
I finally found my order number and yup, I'm having the same issue. Guess I'm gonna give them a call on Monday or something. Thanks for the heads up.

Had same problems with ICO/Shadow. There is a button that says Pre-order somewhere. Look there! :)

Orders

Order Status
Order History
Pre-Order Status
Returns (RMA)
RMA Status / History

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
malfcn said:
Had same problems with ICO/Shadow. There is a button that says Pre-order somewhere. Look there! :)

Ah yep! There it is. Don't know how my eye skipped over that. Kinda silly that doesn't show up when you search for an open order, but whatever.

Thanks for the clarification!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Skel1ingt0n said:
LOL; so I went to cancel my $29.99 NewEgg preorder from back in July because of the lack of an objective-only playlist. But the order isn't showing up under my account. I checked my email and did a search, and found my pre-order order confirmation email. I took the order number from that and did a search on their site, and absolutely nothing shows up. It just says there's no record of the order.

I've since shot off a support email to NewEgg, more out of curiosity than anything.

Wtf my pre order isn't showing up on the site. I have the confirmation order email. Fuuck, now I have to get in contact with these fools

In the Gamespot preview, Frankie plays on the Firefight map, and mentions that it has completely different geography from its Halo CE counterpart.

But..it looks to me like it's not based on the part of the map he was talking about at all. He says it's from the first encounter where you have to hold off the covenant before getting a Warthog. It's not...it looks like the very last part of that level, where you get picked up by the Pelican.

Frankie doesn't know his Halo! :p

If I'm wrong about this then I blame my lack of sleep.

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
Wtf my pre order isn't showing up on the site. I have the confirmation order email. Fuuck, now I have to get in contact with these fools

It's under the Pre-Order Status tool, mine is listed as "On Hold," which typically means that they're waiting for copies to come in before processing pre-orders. However, I feel like 4 days before the release is a bit too late for it to not have been processed already.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ajemsuhgao said:
In the Gamespot preview, Frankie plays on the Firefight map, and mentions that it has completely different geography from its Halo CE counterpart.

But..it looks to me like it's not based on the part of the map he was talking about at all. He says it's from the first encounter where you have to hold off the covenant before getting a Warthog. It's not...it looks like the very last part of that level, where you get picked up by the Pelican.

Let's blame Frankie's lack of sleep, as well.

Just got anniversary, played the first level, framerate is smooth, graphics execellent, will put in a more thorough write up on HBO.

Customs tonight at 10 pm BST, to those who have it early.

9.5 hours from this message.

send me PM if your interested!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ElzarTheBam said:
Just got anniversary, played the first level, framerate is smooth, graphics execellent, will put in a more thorough write up on HBO.

Customs tonight at 10 pm BST, to those who have it early.

9.5 hours from this message.

send me PM if your interested!
Did you order from GAME? Mine didn't show. :(

S1kkZ

just got the kinect patch. voice recognition is pretty bad, looking at the characters/weapons/vehicles models is a nice feature, i hope they make it work without kinect later on.

about the framerate: i think the engine is locked at 25 fps, even when you look at the models in the library, the stutter is there.

i am at two betrayals right now and i love this game (aside from the framerate). cant wait to buy the soundtrack next week, so awesome. the game is a lot harder than i remember.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I just cancelled my Newegg preorder. It should have shipped by now. Ill just go to the store Tuesday and pick up a copy. No big deal.

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
Real women play default

Fixed that for you.

Ajemsuhgao said:

No I noticed this. It clearly looks identical to the cliff edge pick up section at the end of that level and not the first one you come across. I really believe he was mistaken about where it's located. In fact I think others have said that it's where it is and not that first spot.

Sordid

Mine arrived too :*) played the first mission and it looks awesome.

Has anyone noticed that aiming seems a bit sluggish with the new graphics but is fine with the original graphics? It might just be me but there seemed to be a wee difference when switching between the two.

feel

Firefight location thing is so weird. Before they revealed it, I thougth they were referring to that early part of the level where you meet Johnson and then defend against a bunch of waves of covenant, and not the cliff edge area that enemies are already occupying and you attack to save some marines near the end of the level. After the reveal they keep talking about it in interviews as the iconic and original campaign firefight location and it makes me go wtf.

Unless (I haven't looked at its vids too much), it is that early area of the mission but it's now next to a cliff edge, making it be mistaken by the other area.

Just finished reading the thread (whew!). Nice job, Ghal (and others).

My Newegg.com pre-order is still on hold, so I'll be reserving at a midnight launch Gamestop this weekend. I'll probably just give the Newegg copy to a friend.

There was still one detail I'm not perfectly clear on. If I have Reach GOnD w/the Noble, Defiant, and Anniversary map packs, will selecting Multiplayer from the CEA menu take me to Reach GOnD?

Will the Anniversary playlists have non-Anniversary maps?

ElzarTheBam said:
Nah, shopto mate.

How have you got it this early? They've been holding mine until today when they're allowed to ship it.

Unless you collected it from the warehouse?

Edit: Cool, mine's turned up as well. That's awesome. Like finding a load of money in the wash!

Top Bottom