• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Domino Theory said:
Must ... resist ... highlighting...

tumblr_l9xe2vac2v1qe4tx4o1_400.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Pshhh I revealed those spoilers right away. I don't really know what they mean but I'm excited either way lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mechazawa said:
That's amazing. What were these people thinking.

I generally make it a point to sit out the credits and glance through them out of respect, but I don't think that's happening when I pick this up.

It's a ten year old game with ten years of people working on it. Every single person in those credits deserved toe be there, except Obidiah Dongblain.

Tashi

Upscaling Trailer/Montage to 1080p and so far I'm pleased with the way it's coming out. Also purchased Sacred Icon Suite 2 from Amazon. So fuckin good.

Stinkles

TheOddOne said:
I wasn't talking about that, I was commenting on the poster saying Marty is a pompous ass. Which is true at all, never tempt the gods >:|

Marty isn't pompous. Pomposity is ego without talent. If you compare Marty's alleged ego to his talent, he's a positive wallflower. And anyone who has met Marty will tell you he is gracious and humble in real life.

UNLESS YOU CROSS HIM.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Why? I love it.

I always felt like Bungie had intended for humans and forerunners to be one and the same. The fact that they were ancient enemies isn't terrible, but I wish it had turned out the way I expected.

Devin Olsen said:
No no, nobody has won yet!

I will say you'll have better luck if you lean more towards a League of Legends theme. I don't mind the Halo stuff but LoL artwork is really cool, and I am honestly playing it more than Halo at this point.

Ok then. Giving it a go right now.

Stinkles

GrizzNKev said:
I always felt like Bungie had intended for humans and forerunners to be one and the same. The fact that they were ancient enemies isn't terrible, but I wish it had turned out the way I expected.

In a way they are the same. Vying for primacy and stewardship of the Galaxy. Allowing he military to be the tip of an almost literal spear. Using deception and tirckery tongain the upper hand. Treating beaten foes with contempt. Battling an enemy worse than either forerunner or human. Vain. Arrogant. Immensely powerful, or with the potential to be. Ultimately possessing great potential for good and evil.

OuterWorldVoice said:
In a way they are the same. Vying for primacy and stewardship of the Galaxy. Allowing he military to be the tip of an almost literal spear. Using deception and tirckery tongain the upper hand. Treating beaten foes with contempt. Battling an enemy worse than either forerunner or human. Vain. Arrogant. Immensely powerful, or with the potential to be. Ultimately possessing great potential for good and evil.
Humans as enemies in Halo 4 confirmed?

Ken

Domino Theory said:
On the eve of CEA, AC: R, and SR3 as well as consuming myself in Skyrim, my power brick decides to die on me. :(
Ouch. Well you still have about 24 hours until Tuesday.

OuterWorldVoice said:
You had Greg Bear write that for you, didn't you?

Just kidding. You make a good point there. I suppose if we're fighting Forerunnrs, it'll be one with great potential for evil. :p

And a Bungie employee once posted on HBO that indeed, Bungie's original intent with Halo 3 was to reveal that humans and Forerunnrs were the same. As you can see, it turned out a bit differently now.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Blue Ninja said:
And a Bungie employee once posted on HBO that indeed, Bungie's original intent with Halo 3 was to reveal that humans and Forerunnrs were the same. As you can see, it turned out a bit differently now.

Frankie was on the writing team of Halo 3 when he was at Bungie (and Reach iirc).

Plans and intent mean nothing to the canon if the final product alters course.

GrizzNKev

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:

I agree they are pretty similar, but where I'm conflicted is
their level and speed of technological advancement. Although we didn't get much detail on humans in their pre-forerunner-war state, it seems doubtful that they ever could have had or mastered something similar to the Domain, as well as have accomplished something as monumental as the construction of the Ark and Halos. Then again, a species in desperation will advance faster, as the humans did in their conflict with the Covenant.
I'm still not totally convinced, but I'm looking forward to see where that goes and if my concerns are addressed.

Stinkles

GrizzNKev said:
I agree they are pretty similar, but where I'm conflicted is
their level and speed of technological advancement. Although we didn't get much detail on humans in their pre-forerunner-war state, it seems doubtful that they ever could have had or mastered something similar to the Domain, as well as have accomplished something as monumental as the construction of the Ark and Halos. Then again, a species in desperation will advance faster, as the humans did in their conflict with the Covenant.
I'm still not totally convinced, but I'm looking forward to see where that goes and if my concerns are addressed.

Regular 20th century humans went from basic agriculture to being on the moon in 100 years.

Just sayin'

Current humans have measured the warping of space time and expanded our understanding of reality from three to at least ten dimensions. In about the same timeframe.

We, unless we really screw things up, are going to be a force to be reckoned with, eventually. Let's hope that doesn't attract unwanted attention.

GrizzNKev

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
Regular 20th century humans went from basic agriculture to being on the moon in 100 years.

Just sayin'

Current humans have measured the warping of space time and expanded our understanding of reality from three to at least ten dimensions. In about the same timeframe.

We, unless we really screw things up, are going to be a force to be reckoned with, eventually. Let's hope that doesn't attract unwanted attention.

So how many years until we build big floaty space circles that can turn a galaxy's worth of biomass into glitter?

Slightly Live said:
Frankie was on the writing team of Halo 3 when he was at Bungie (and Reach iirc).

Plans and intent mean nothing to the canon if the final product alters course.
Yeah, exactly. Didn't mean to imply that they did.

And Frankie was long-gone by the time Bungie started working on Reach, I think. He might've had something to do with the story, but he might have not, too. Frankie, enlighten us please.

Tashi0106 said:
How was that Ice Skating? Beautiful I'm sure.
Halo on Ice. Believe.

Tashi0106 said:
Upscaling Trailer/Montage to 1080p and so far I'm pleased with the way it's coming out. Also purchased Sacred Icon Suite 2 from Amazon. So fuckin good.
Another has seen the light. Mission accomplished. Looking forward to the trailer/montage.

Stinkles

Tashi0106 said:
:lol

Honestly I'm surprised a TV is shared. No man cave?

Yeah, she wanted the TiVo rather than the screen. Mancave is cold this time of year. And a quintuple axle could come any time now!

Tashi

OuterWorldVoice said:
Yeah, she wanted the TiVo rather than the screen. Mancave is cold this time of year. And a quintuple axle could come any time now!
Wow they're up to quintuples now? I remember it used to be like double axel. Seems like not even figure skating can escape the reach of performance enhancing drugs lol.

What's the mancave setup like? 3D? 7.1 Surround? Statue of the Chief?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
What's the mancave setup like? 3D? 7.1 Surround? Statue of the Chief?

Not such a worthwhile investment for him, if I recall correctly. Though now you're entering the realm of my dreams for the future. Actually, any room with a statue of the Chief is a dream room...

GrizzNKev said:
Not such a worthwhile investment for him, if I recall correctly. Though now you're entering the realm of my dreams for the future. Actually, any room with a statue of the Chief is a dream room...
I hope we get a Master Chief statue with some Halo 4 edition. At the very least, a helmet that will fit my cat!

FyreWulff

I liberated myself from the TV with hooking up to a computer monitor.

I've tried to suggest to other people to do the same, but the VGA cable has become about as rare as a Mew in retail. I also got lucky when Toys R Us was having a clearance sale and was selling them for 10$ each.

Tashi

FyreWulff said:
I liberated myself from the TV with hooking up to a computer monitor.

I've tried to suggest to other people to do the same, but the VGA cable has become about as rare as a Mew in retail. I also got lucky when Toys R Us was having a clearance sale and was selling them for 10$ each.
Most modern monitors seem to come with HDMI and a headphone port these days no? I used to play on VGA but the new setup required me to adopt HDMI.

Flipyap

GrizzNKev said:
So how many years until we build big floaty space circles that can turn a galaxy's worth of biomass into glitter?
Jokey jokes aside, humans in Halo now have some spare time and a whole lot of ancient super-technology to harvest. It's quite likely that the Forerunners also stole their advancements from their own more advanced predecessors, forerunners, precursors.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Most modern monitors seem to come with HDMI and a headphone port these days no? I used to play on VGA but the new setup required me to adopt HDMI.

DVI for the PC, HDMI for the 360. I barely have to lift a finger to make the switch. Not having a comfy couch at all has its benefits. Honestly though, I probably wouldn't own a 360 if every Halo game had a PC port.

FyreWulff

Tashi0106 said:

I would think but those two 1080p monitors I posted pics of earlier are DVI/VGA only (and supports switching between the two inputs) and only have audio input for feeding audio to their (shitty) speakers.

But then again a few years ago, both of my brothers bought TVs that were Component but 480i. One of those TVs still remains and is the current living room TV being used by the other 360 in this house. Not even 480p. I'm still trying to figure out why the hell they went through all the trouble of putting component inputs on that thing and then not have it support 480p.

Also to those with early copies:

Is co-op ODST-style invite your buddies or does it have any sort of matchmaking?

Top Bottom