• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

wwm0nkey said:
Well what it means for Halo 4 is that{Major spoiler}
the Didact seems to be the main enemy this time and if the stars and solar system going out is any indication, we are going to be fucked

Didact was the guy with the Librarian in the Halo 3 Legendary terminals, right? The guy who created the Bias AI that joined up with the Flood?

Nutter

The Xtortionist said:
Didact was the guy with the Librarian in the Halo 3 Legendary terminals, right? The guy who created the Bias AI that joined up with the Flood?
YES; He also activated the Halo array killing everything once before ;)

wwm0nkey said:
Well what it means for Halo 4 is that{Major spoiler}
the Didact seems to be the main enemy this time and if the stars and solar system going out is any indication, we are going to be fucked
That was a mistake to highlight... and at the same time, HHHHNNNNGGGG SO HYPED

wwm0nkey said:
Legendary Ending?
I gave up on Legendary part way through T&R. :(

Ken said:
Thanks for streaming, although the chat reminds me why I usually stay away from TwitchTV aside from fighting game streams.
No problem! And yeah the stream chat is basically a realtime youtube comment chat.

ElRenoRaven

Devin Olsen said:
This is out of control... I think we're over 15 minutes now.

Yup your controller shut off. And Did I see right after those credits? BTW your chat was hilarious. I love lurking chats for the streams. Someday I'll actually sign up so I can chat. lol

ElRenoRaven

aj1467 said:
guilty spark roaming through space for like 5 seconds

Yea the original version of that was a thousand times better. Rest of the game looked great I thought otherwise. With the new 90 mins of credits it's not worth sitting through them now for that though.

Trying to decide how to give away my extra codes...

How abooooout!

Win Halo: Anniversary Map Pack Codes

TgbQdl.jpg

I am looking to have my twitch.tv page designed better. Currently it has a banner that someone made and very generic colours for the sides. If you can come up with a better design than you will be the proud new owner of the codes listed above. ** The design/theme includes background image, banner, offline screen,etc ***

Here is my twitch.tv page - http://www.twitch.tv/devinolsen

For instructions on how to design a page... I don't honestly know, which is why I haven't been able to do it for myself. But I imagine those of you out there who are design savy will be able to figure it out.

Games I like/stream (to give you an idea of possible themes for my page, but it doesn't have to be related to a game):
- Halo
- League of Legends
- MAYBE Skyrim
- MAYBE StarCraft

Deadline is... Tomorrow at 12:00 (noon) Pacific Time. If designing a page doesn't take that long I can up the deadline so the winner can have the maps earlier.

PS - If I get zero response from this I will just resort to a random give-away type thing, which is fun, but honestly isn't as fun as an actual contest.

leng jai

Majanew said:
Yeah, that's nice.

Don't know what the big deal is...I just like turning music off and having all of the sound effects blasting through my 7.1. It's a gripe I have for Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, too. Turned the music off in Skyrim and the game's sound work is fantastic.

I sometimes leave music on during Campaigns, but I've played Halo CE already. Wanna just hear the sounds of the guns, vehicles and environments.

You utter fool.

You turn the volume down so the effects are more prominent, but you never turn it off unless the score is horrible.

ElRenoRaven

Devin Olsen said:
Alright so I checked it out and the credits (JUST THE TEXT, not the cutscene) arrrrrrrrre... Seventeen Minutes and Twenty Five Seconds Long

heh

See that's just bullshit. I honestly can't remember a game I played with credits that long.

Mechazawa

Devin Olsen said:
Alright so I checked it out and the credits (JUST THE TEXT, not the cutscene) arrrrrrrrre... Seventeen Minutes and Twenty Five Seconds Long

heh

That's amazing. What were these people thinking.

I generally make it a point to sit out the credits and glance through them out of respect, but I don't think that's happening when I pick this up.

ElRenoRaven

urk said:
They could have saved some time and put the Bungie credits on the back button! ;)

LOL. Even that that would have only shaved off like a minute. And Urk wonder by the Reach OT for a few. We're wondering some things.

Devin Olsen said:

heh
I'm pretty sure that's longer than any film credits ever... What in the fuck?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Trying to decide how to give away my extra codes...

I can do some pretty decent photoshop work, but beyond that, I'm worthless. Is that all you need?

Note that I already have the game, and if I win, I'd either hold another contest for people with a less limited skill set, or you could pass it on to the runner up.

GrizzNKev said:
I can do some pretty decent photoshop work, but beyond that, I'm worthless. Is that all you need?

Note that I already have the game, and if I win, I'd either hold another contest for people with a less limited skill set, or you could pass it on to the runner up.
Just something to make my page stand out more.

See these pages for examples.

http://www.twitch.tv/lolsooner

http://www.twitch.tv/ignproleague

Do you know what I mean?

TheOddOne

Kenak said:
The fact that using your own soundtrack in Halo 3 means losing all dialogue in the game. Now I'm not sure if this was Marty's doing (doubtful), or that it's even present in later Halo games (ODST, Reach), but it made it pretty annoying to use your own custom soundtrack.

And why would you want to? because sometimes I'm in the mood for my own music, and literally every other game on the system accommodates this feature just fine. Except for Halo.
I wasn't talking about that, I was commenting on the poster saying Marty is a pompous ass. Which is true at all, never tempt the gods >:|

GrizzNKev said:
I can start with a banner and let me know how you feel about it.

Uh.... or not. Seems like someone else already did a great job. :|
No no, nobody has won yet!

I will say you'll have better luck if you lean more towards a League of Legends theme. I don't mind the Halo stuff but LoL artwork is really cool, and I am honestly playing it more than Halo at this point.

Slightly Live said:
Super Final Terminal Spoiler

"Although that would mean that he would have to be here too and without the Librarian around to temper his rage well these Reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood."

So. Good.

3AQmK.gif
Like I said, the last terminal is freaking awesome. It reveals so much for Halo 4.
The Didact still lives, and he isn't very well-disposed.
(Last Terminal spoiler)

Primordium should be released very fast. I can't wait!

GrizzNKev said:
Regarding the spoilers...

I'm quite upset with the direction they're taking this story/
conflict
. It feels, I don't know how to put it, inappropriate? I hope 343 proves me wrong.
Why? I love it.

heckfu

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
No no, nobody has won yet!

I will say you'll have better luck if you lean more towards a League of Legends theme. I don't mind the Halo stuff but LoL artwork is really cool, and I am honestly playing it more than Halo at this point.

You sure? You didn't see my sparkle banner? I'll wait while you check.

Top Bottom