• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

malfcn

claviertekky said:
Is the grunt skull and avatar armor a pre-order exclusive?

Seems like they are included in every box.

I was asking about that before. I got the impression it is in all new.

Barrow Roll said:
Curious. I'd go read the review but their new layout is atrocious and I can't find anything without a minimal amount of effort so eff that.

That said, I actually thought their Uncharted 3 review was well done and positively criticized certain aspects while giving due praise for others.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_halo_x

Main complaints are the lazy linear level design that pervades the second half of the game and those gosh-darn vehicle controls

Sean said:
Maybe because Halo's music is for old farts. Violin and drums, monks chanting... Really? It's the kind of lame classical music that plays when you're waiting on hold for customer service or standing in an elevator.

I think everyone will agree that Breaking Benjamin did the best track in the entire Halo series. It's just too bad Microsoft couldn't afford real musicians like that to completely re-imagine the soundtrack with epic guitar riffs and solos. I'm hoping they'll finally get the music right with Halo 4 now that Marty is gone.

lol.

Sean said:
Maybe because Halo's music is for old farts. Violin and drums, monks chanting... Really? It's the kind of lame classical music that plays when you're waiting on hold for customer service or standing in an elevator.

I think everyone will agree that Breaking Benjamin did the best track in the entire Halo series. It's just too bad Microsoft couldn't afford real musicians like that to completely re-imagine the soundtrack with epic guitar riffs and solos. I'm hoping they'll finally get the music right with Halo 4 now that Marty is gone.
I have a cure.

Linkin Park

Apath

TheOddOne said:
What is this blasphemy?
The fact that using your own soundtrack in Halo 3 means losing all dialogue in the game. Now I'm not sure if this was Marty's doing (doubtful), or that it's even present in later Halo games (ODST, Reach), but it made it pretty annoying to use your own custom soundtrack.

And why would you want to? because sometimes I'm in the mood for my own music, and literally every other game on the system accommodates this feature just fine. Except for Halo.

Saw the Terminals... So are they hinting that we're fighting
Forerunners
in Halo 4? Hmm...

I might just pick it up after all, if I find a copy in Ghent tomorrow or tuesday. Don't feel like making a long detour to pick it up at my local store, though.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So excited to look for terminals when playing CEA and I'm glad they're hard to find, it's going to make exploring each level that much sweeter. Can't wait to see what story elements they hint at, too. :D

wwm0nkey

Blue Ninja said:
Saw the Terminals... So are they hinting that we're fighting
Forerunners
in Halo 4? Hmm...

I might just pick it up after all, if I find a copy in Ghent tomorrow or tuesday. Don't feel like making a long detour to pick it up at my local store, though.
Actually
looks like we will be fighting the Didact

The Keys Terminal was soooooo good btw, if Halo 4 can put that much emotion into something I will be very very happy.

heckfu

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Egg spoiler...

Seige is still in!

I'm SO glad I read the spoiler. That was honestly my main concern a couple weeks ago because
I didn't know if it was Marty property or not
. Thanks for making my night!

Woorloog

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:
lol can't be longer then Sonic Colors. 13 and a half freakin' minutes!
You haven't played Dragon Age Origins with DLC. 20+mins of credits. With only one soundtrack that's pretty bad as well..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GrizzNKev said:
Longest. Credits. Ever.
many Brothans died to bring us this entertainment. Bungie, 343, Saber, CA, Sequence Group, Stinkles Lubricants & Unguents and Microsoft Studios.

heckfu

Banned
RavenHawk said:
For you lucky bastards that are already playing...just one question (and please, no details), how does AOTCR look?

It looks just the same as Halo: CE. Unless you press the back button. And then it looks new.

Woorloog

Banned
ViewtifulJC said:
DLC credits, I've seen it all now
DLC credits were added to main credits if any were installed. This same appliest to ME1 and 2 as well, causing the music to end well before the credits themselves.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lybertyboy said:
Should've included a 0 point achievement for sitting through them.

I don't play many games but when I beat one I always sit through the credits and read a bunch of names. Also, if it's a Japanese game, I try to find people named "Tashi" lol

I need people to play the new maps with. I'm about to get on and have some fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

Also, do you think if someone with the CEA disc in the multiplayer session brings players into the Anniversary playlist it would work?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Super Final Terminal Spoiler

"Although that would mean that he would have to be here too and without the Librarian around to temper his rage well these Reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood."

So. Good.

3AQmK.gif

wwm0nkey

Slightly Live said:

"Although that would mean that he would have to be here too and without the Librarian around to temper his rage well these Reclaimers might almost prefer the Flood."

So. Good.

3AQmK.gif
It was great, was going "Holy Shit" when
I started seeing the stars and eventually solar system go out

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Also, do you think if someone with the CEA disc in the multiplayer session brings players into the Anniversary playlist it would work?
Playlists are not up afaik. And people on Reach with the maps will have access to them just like as if they had CEA in.

daedalius

Argh, not reading any more spoilers, unless it is to the locations of the terminals, so I can make sure to watch them as fast as possible.

feel

Slightly Live said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yVPaI5oRXo

That live action trailer is pretty rad.
Not a fan of them once again reusing this marketing campaign angle, to be honest. And feels so out of place for CE (the somber boxart too).

Slightly Live said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yVPaI5oRXo

That live action trailer is pretty rad.
That's a scene from C&C: Tiberium Sun! Seriously! NOD campaign anyone?

The speech is great for sure but.. I dunno. I can't say I dig this partiular ad.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Regarding the spoilers...

I'm quite upset with the direction they're taking this story/
conflict
. It feels, I don't know how to put it, inappropriate? I hope 343 proves me wrong.

I am regretting getting this on new egg instead of a release day pick up. I figured with so much to play I wouldn't have trouble waiting but god damnit Halo will always have me by the balls it appears.

Slightly Live said:

So. Good.

3AQmK.gif

I'm not up on Halo lore...what does this mean?

wwm0nkey

The Xtortionist said:
I'm not up on Halo lore...what does this mean?
Well what it means for Halo 4 is that{Major spoiler}
the Didact seems to be the main enemy this time and if the stars and solar system going out is any indication, we are going to be fucked

Lum1n3s

Captain Blood said:
I am regretting getting this on new egg instead of a release day pick up. I figured with so much to play I wouldn't have trouble waiting but god damnit Halo will always have me by the balls it appears.
Did you pre-order it on there? Otherwise I would recommend getting it from Amazon don't they do same day shipping or is that just for Prime members? Still though you could always sign yourself up for the trial membership to get items shipped fast.

Top Bottom