• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Ok, this is bizarre, I have been playing campaign co op with Gui, and ive noticed that for a few of the missions we have completed the shield for completion isnt popping up. Kinda sucks, but ah well!

wwm0nkey

With Anniversary's release, it's now time for 343, and the Halo community, to shift their attention. All aboard the Halo 4 hype train.

I know I have said this before but with the 10th terminal revealing our potential enemy I would say we are going to see something at the VGAs, that way we can get 100% confirmation on who the new enemy is and have the book that comes out the following month explain why they are going to be our enemy.

MooMoo

Well this is annoying. Every time they release an update, I have to freaking reinstall the game because then my 360 insists on running the game from disc even though I have it installed =/ Plus I have one of the older models so the thing sounds like an airplane taking off. Anyone else have this issue?

feel

Well this is annoying. Every time they release an update, I have to freaking reinstall the game because then my 360 insists on running the game from disc even though I have it installed =/ Plus I have one of the older models so the thing sounds like an airplane taking off. Anyone else have this issue?
After a recent update the consoles make the disc of installed games spin for the first few minutes. Did you wait a bit?

How many games do you play right now? I heard that the Xbox deletes the updates for a game after you played 3 other games.

Ok, this is bizarre, I have been playing campaign co op with Gui, and ive noticed that for a few of the missions we have completed the shield for completion isnt popping up. Kinda sucks, but ah well!

Had this happen too. Played the first two levels with a friend through xbl, first level didn't indicate I beat it on co-op or legendary but the second one did. After we beat a level we'd get disconnected too. Main thing is I didn't get my cheevos for the first level! I didn't get an overshield or health but my friend got the cheevo :/

MooMoo

After a recent update the consoles make the disc of installed games spin for the first few minutes.
That's what I noticed a couple of days ago while playing so today I ignored the initial spinning and booted up a level but the disc was still spinning like a madman.

How many games do you play right now? I heard that the Xbox deletes the updates for a game after you played 3 other games.
I have a bunch of games installed but Halo: CEA is the only recent game I've played. In fact, it's the only reason I'm undusting my xbox right now :S So I have yet to launch any other games or XBLA games.

It's especially annoying since I have it hooked up to my computer monitor so I'm literally sitting a foot away from my 360 x.X Maybe the new dashboard beta is somehow screwing around with it. I've only launched this game a couple of times though, so I'll just wait and see if it becomes a persistent issue or not.

Btw, multiquoting is awesome :D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, I want to know if "Leave It Where It Lay" is even possible without the Bandana skull.

Or "Look Out for the Little Guys" without co-op. Brutal.

FyreWulff

Make sure the install is not corrupted. Hard drive could be going south.

It shouldn't matter if the game is patched or not since patches are applied in RAM.

brobban

That's what I noticed a couple of days ago while playing so today I ignored the initial spinning and booted up a level but the disc was still spinning like a madman.

Since the update a while ago, my disc spins for about 5 minutes after booting a game.

AlStrong

I'm not sure they're using anything different than what Bungie used for the Reach tech.

They would have to be doing something different, considering how ancient the engine is. One of the biggest problems is keeping the AI in sync, and the original only assumed split-screen, which is a whole different ball game compared to going online.

I really enjoy the updated feel of Anniversary. It gives the game a weight and feell that I would have never assosciated with the original.

For instance, on Truth and Reconciliation, I never knew you could see the Covenant cruiser floating not too far above the entire level. The landscapes that you can see is such a step up from the literally flat and plain texture :p The visuals really do a good job of tying the game to the subsequent sequels. The updated Elite models, the Marines and even the weapon models really make the game feel like the later Halo titles.

I think one of my most liked updates was the Halo ring itself. What was this very prominent, bright ring that you could see wherever you were, once outside, has been replaced. Now, we have this massive, looming structure. The scale of the ring is increased so much as it fades into the distance beyond the player's immediate atmosphere. Rather than being able to look straight up and see the other side, it is now a lot harder to. Even without changing the size of the ring at all, this sense of scale is very much welcomed on my part.

The audio update is very impressive too. Especially when I'm rocking some Turtle Beach X-11's :p

Library under 30 minutes... Done.

But some of these other achievements are crazy stupid like not killing any grunts on two betrayals as well as killing all elites on Keyes, I mean do you have to kill them yourself, or do the flood killing them count?
Other than that really enjoying the game so far, glad to play the campaign again with online co-op finally.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the game yesterday! I'm currently stuck in the hallways after the hangar bay on T&R.

No super strong impressions so far. The graphics are awesome, the frame rate is mostly awesome, the Iron and Mythic skulls are way too easy to find. I've found one terminal
in the "this cave is not a natural formation" cave
, and it was SO COOL. Can't wait to see more. Playing Skyrim has really put me in the mood for exploration, and so I really am checking every nook and cranny. Really fun.

Everytime I play CE I'm struck by how much I rely on the relative accuracy of the plasma pistol and plasma rifle in levels that don't have the pistol. They're my go-to weapons, which is always an odd feeling after playing the newer Halo games.

Finished Keyes on Legendary. What a poor experience. I realize this is true for all difficulties, but the level gets more annoying the higher the difficulty. I know the Flood doesn't infinitely respawn, but in the numbers they do, it sure seems like it. The level seems determined to put you in position where you have to fight wave after wave of Flood until you pass their spawn location or until they run out. It also likes to put you in a position where you have to charge at a Flood spawn location because Flood are also pouring in from behind you.

Then you have the shotgun Flood...

Wasn't able to get the Elite achievement. Going back in for that.

Anyone else not hate the Library as much as they thought they would? It's strange. I hated the level in the original and was dreading it, but then everything went better than expected. Now I didn't necessarily "love" it, but I didn't hate it either.

It proved to me that "Cortana" In Halo 3 was far, far, far worse.

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle with what seems like Input lag with the new visuals? The game feels more sluggish but when I turn the graphics to old mode it feels smoother.

Is it just me being weird here?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Library isn't even the worse level in Halo: CE. I've always hated Keyes the most.

blamite

I got a crash halfway through the Library that made me restart from the beginning. Keyes is gonna have to be preeety annoying for me to hate it more than that.

soldat7

Vetoing 1-Flag on Headlong should result in a week-long ban from Matchmaking. It finally comes up and the folks pick Big Team Slayer. I've lost all faith in the Halo community.

Slightly late to the party, but I have to say...THIS is how you make HD remakes. So much nostalgia. So many memories brought back while I'm playing. The graphical update doesn't make it the best looking game around, but that's not the point. The point is that its Halo. And it's still fucking amazing ten years later.

I'm wondering if 343 wanted to embark on this project while working on Halo 4 to physically revisit what made Halo: CE great. Firing the guns feels so damn good. The enemy AI is still impressive to this day. I still want to explore the world. Ten years and hundreds of hours later, and I'm still exploring, still seeing new things, still loving it.

Thank you 343 for the remake, and thank you Bungie for creating the game in the first place.

TheOddOne

Slightly late to the party, but I have to say...THIS is how you make HD remakes. So much nostalgia. So many memories brought back while I'm playing. The graphical update doesn't make it the best looking game around, but that's not the point. The point is that its Halo. And it's still fucking amazing ten years later.

I'm wondering if 343 wanted to embark on this project while working on Halo 4 to physically revisit what made Halo: CE great. Firing the guns feels so damn good. The enemy AI is still impressive to this day. I still want to explore the world. Ten years and hundreds of hours later, and I'm still exploring, still seeing new things, still loving it.

Thank you 343 for the remake, and thank you Bungie for creating the game in the first place.
The main team is working on Halo 4, this was done by a smaller group of 343 staffers.

soldat7

My disc is spinning like mad despite the install. What gives?

And that video that automatically plays at the beginning (including MP) is annoying as crap.

daedalius

I preferred Cortana over the Library, lol. Once you got the hang of taking out those long range flood, it wasn't bad. Fighting waves upon waves of exploding/shotgun/rocket flood is worse.

At least in Cortana they didn't decide to just set up a spawn beacon behind you and pour in. You can also break the bodies so they don't stand up behind you with a shotgun.

wwm0nkey

Wait are people arguing over which terrible level was better?

Also I am going to be honest, The Library with the arrows made the whole thing bearable.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Been reading this thread and trying to stay clear of spoilers mostly. I picked up two copies on release day and have been playing online co-op with my co worker. Its as fun as i remember it, and as challenging. I also realize that I am not as good at it as I use to be. The frame rate has been an annoyance and the freezes between loading. We have completed half of the game and found the first 5 terminals. Great job so far. I can wait to play the rest of the game. Library is my favorite level and I still don't understand the hate for it. It the level I would play repeatedly. It must be my love for the shotgun. Anyway great game so far even with the framerate issues and hiccups. I really hope we get a halo 2 remake.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Like I said, the last terminal is freaking awesome. It reveals so much for Halo 4.
The Didact still lives, and he isn't very well-disposed.
(Last Terminal spoiler)

Terminal and Cryptum spoilers below:

Pretty sure it's not
The Didact
he's referring to in the last terminal. 343GS mentions
The Didact's plans opposing the creation of the Halo rings in an earlier terminal which also ties into Cryptum.

My guess is that 343GS is referring to
the Precursor that shows up at the end of Cryptum.

Waypoint Easter Egg spoiler: I NEVER EVER thought
that the Elite knowing about the Halo rings from Halo 2 would be explained. Definitely my favorite terminal out of all of them.

I thought I'd like this remake and it turns out I'm loving it. It's really better than I expected.

Is it just me or is this remake the Halo game with the most oomph when it comes to firing sound effects ? That's the first thing I noticed and it makes the experience that much better.

Wow, this looks so good! It's a huge upgrade!

I keep standing in key areas and pressing back to compare old to new, some areas really look a ton better and are nice to wonder around in. For just a texture and poly model swap it really improves the game a ton, then the new animated scenes are icing in the cake.

Untracked

I've been playing Legendary Solo on this and was really enjoying the challenge, but I'm stuck.
I've reached the part in Truth and Reconcilliation where I've rescued Keyes and have to get to the hanger bay to escape.
He keeps dying in miliseconds and I can't see how I can stop him running towards his death.
If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated! I have no idea what to do :(

Do I need a co-op partner to babysit him while I kill the covies? I'm sure it would help, but none of my friends have bought it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Terminal and Cryptum spoilers below:

Pretty sure it's not
The Didact
he's referring to in the last terminal. 343GS mentions
The Didact's plans opposing the creation of the Halo rings in an earlier terminal which also ties into Cryptum.

My guess is that 343GS is referring to
the Precursor that shows up at the end of Cryptum.

Except
why would the "Precursor" be in any way affected or held back by the Librarian? Also, Didact was a Promeathean too, so the description fits like a glove.

Top Bottom