• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

Mr.ODST

Fair play to 343 the campaign is so fun, around 4 hours in but the way you can explore and it doesnt take a long time to get to places makes the pacing quite good

Flintty

Missed the fucking skull goddamnit
I have spent so much time looking for skulls and ain’t found shit so far.
I did find a random button when you first emerge on Zeta though. Pushed it and it turned power to a turret off but nothing else.

vTrcTt6.jpg

Gonna need a second play through to get everything.

The sound design is incredible. I’m using the wireless Xbox headset and it’s punchy as fuck. Still the best headshot sound in any game ever.

The second level just felt like Halo CE on steroids, some great nostalgia there.
Mission 2 spoiler:
The part with holograms of child Spartans and “olly oxen free” a great nod back to the Fall of Reach book. Fucking gossbumps. Also the recreation of Chief’s first meeting with Cortana 😭

This is the ultimate Halo game so far.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Nothing is more satisfying then throwing a tempo grenade and watching all the fusion coils and shrapnel make everything go batshit crazy!

Flintty

Oh and the Grunt dialogue is fucking brilliant!
Grunt: “You and me, Spartan. A battle for the ages”.
Me: Whacks grunt in the face with a needler 🤣

Last edited:
Ok this thing run much worse than the multy part on my pc, and i'm still in the introduction with an indoor environment, can't even imagine how this thing run with hell on screen in the outdoor.

I think i'm gonna wait some patches, playing halo with shitty performance is a sin against humanity.

This thing running worse than games that look much better is pretty bad, not gonna lie.

P.s. i was right, the pilot is an annoying cunt :lollipop_squinting:

P.p.s. the grappling hook was a lot of fun to use, but please tell me that you can upgrade the speed of it...

P.p.p.s. windows store continue to be the trashest store around bar none, and why the fuck do i need an xbox app to play on pc?
Second upgrade makes the cool down 40% faster

Chukhopops

Oh and the Grunt dialogue is fucking brilliant!
Grunt: “You and me, Spartan. A battle for the ages”.
Me: Whacks grunt in the face with a needler 🤣

« Every battle I don’t fight is a wiiiin »
Grunts have always had the best lines.

buenoblue

I had my doubts, but Halo is back baby. That shield Regen sound on my sub sounds so awesome. If they can just iron out those tech foibles and get a little more performance on pc I can see this being my goty.

Nico_D

Well damn. I'm not the biggest fan of FPS games. I just decided to try this after finishing Rift Apart and I surprised how it pulled me in right from the start. Whether it stays that way remains to be seen but so far I like what I see.

Trunim

I kinda like it. I hate "open world FPS" but this is alright for some time wasting. Damn game froze on me though....Series S.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I honestly had tears in my eyes when the *that* music played for the first time after boarding the ship.
I have spent so much time looking for skulls and ain’t found shit so far.
I did find a random button when you first emerge on Zeta though. Pushed it and it turned power to a turret off but nothing else.

vTrcTt6.jpg

Gonna need a second play through to get everything.

The sound design is incredible. I’m using the wireless Xbox headset and it’s punchy as fuck. Still the best headshot sound in any game ever.

The second level just felt like Halo CE on steroids, some great nostalgia there.
Mission 2 spoiler:
The part with holograms of child Spartans and “olly oxen free” a great nod back to the Fall of Reach book. Fucking gossbumps. Also the recreation of Chief’s first meeting with Cortana 😭

This is the ultimate Halo game so far.

It was in a really weird place. I'll get it on my second playthrough. The campaign is just too good.

Pug

I was quite impressive how 343 tried to recreate the feeling of walking into the ring for the first time. Obviously it could never hope to match Halo CE, but what they did in slowly opening a framed vista was impressive.

TrebleShot

I am a bit confused at this.

Played a bit last night (not on the halo yet)

The visuals are very underwhelming, im not sure if its just down to my settings though.

Playing on LG C9 65"

Would anyone who has a similar set up be kind enough to post their settings if they are seeing great results?

Currently it really does look like an upscaled XBONE game.

JT14

Banned

The visuals are very underwhelming, im not sure if its just down to my settings though.

Playing on LG C9 65"

Would anyone who has a similar set up be kind enough to post their settings if they are seeing great results?

You must need glasses and your TV sucks ass, just like your opinion

Kev Kev

Playing on LG C9 65"

The game looks fantastic. You are trolling.

Flintty

Playing on LG C9 65"

I’m playing on a 65 C1 with Dolby Vision and it looks stunning. Cinematics are washed out at times but the environments are sharp, proper black blocks and great HDR. Very impressed so far.

Mr.ODST

Game looks great.

I think 343 has nailed open world, I find it so fun just deciding where I want to go my way using the grapple hook, nothing becomes a barrier on reaching objectives and it looks great aswell.

I feel they are saving the biomes over the 10 year plan and adding them in as expansions etc.

Enjoying the game though fair play to 343 the MP is fun as fuck and the campaign is challenging and fun so far.

TrebleShot

I’m playing on a 65 C1 with Dolby Vision and it looks stunning. Cinematics are washed out at times but the environments are sharp, proper black blocks and great HDR. Very impressed so far.
That may be the issue, I followed HDTV tests YouTube settings for LG C1 but on the C9 key difference I haven't tried with DV. May make a big difference

Flintty

That may be the issue, I followed HDTV tests YouTube settings for LG C1 but on the C9 key difference I haven't tried with DV. May make a big difference
Maybe. I’m a bit of a noob with it all but I get the impression that DV handles all the settings to how the creator intended. The only other change I made was reduced sharpness to zero, I think.

Sygma

Playing on LG C9 65"

Nah the game just doesn't look very good, especially on the textures side of affair in the open world (especially the natural environment). Its way way better in interiors but nothing to write home about

DragonNCM

Nah the game just doesn't look very good, especially on the textures side of affair in the open world (especially the natural environment). Its way way better in interiors but nothing to write home about
It is upscaled after all......it is made to work on fucking Xbox one.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yeah, it's strange to see people perfectly ok with that when they usually hate gaas situations...
I think if it was done in a pre-meditated way purely for profit, that would be one thing. But it sounds like they legitimately failed to make it correctly, or on time. They had to cut content that they invested time into to even make it out the door a year later. Then, after the fact - if they can use stuff they already spent some time on, then that just seems logical. We'd have to see what it costs, or if its a free update before getting mad about the monetization.

GymWolf

Gold Member
is there a list of recommended PC settings?
I used the df settings but the game run like crap on a 2070super\8600k at 1440p, i thought it was something on my end but then i readed the 5 pages performance topic on reeee and 95% of people is having crap performance all around, people with a 3070 can't play at rock solid 60 at 1080p, but in general performances are all over the place, some people are getting good results with a 1070 :lollipop_squinting:

I'm gonna try lower something or to play with v-sync\frame limiter options but i think the wise choice is to wait for some patches.

Between the store on pc\xbox app being absolutely terrible and these performances, M really shitted the bed on pc with this one...

It is strange because the multy part was okay for the most part (not for everyone tho so i guess i was lucky)

I bet that the steam version runs a bit better...

Last edited:

MikeM

Gold Member
I’m not big at all into Halo, but this is by far the most enjoyable Halo game i’ve ever played.

Top Bottom