• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

h00ters

OK now I have installed everything and it shows Gaming Services when I try to play it with no option to update or install. The state of game pass on PC is completely unacceptable. It's been five hours since launch.
I had this exact issue about a week ago. When you're on the game page in the Xbox App, click the three dots near the play button and click "Manage install". You should be able to do something like untick the High res texture pack option. Do that, then click OK. Give it some time and it'll reverify the install and you should be all good. At that point, feel free to go back and reinstall the high res texture pack.

Helghan

Played 4 hours straight on legendary. The first two missions s were a lot of fun and sometimes challenging, but once in the open world legendary is pretty easy. There's too much space to flee to when your armor is down.

Didn't start mission 3 yet, trying to get all the collectibles in the first area where the tower is.

Hugare

Last Halo game that I've played was Halo ODST lol

I'm still at the 2nd mission, but damn, this is good.

It feels so good to play. Better than Doom 2016 kind of good.

Graphics are awesome and pretty optimized. Even at 1080p the IQ is clean, I dont know what sorcery is going on here. Some kind of image reconstruction, maybe?

Surpassed my expectations by quite the margin.

Well done, MS. You did good this year.

Concern

Ok so I started my legendary run. Love the start of it so far. And tbh legendary isn't very hard at all. Almost feels like Im on heroic.

Had to stop since some friends wanted to do mp😑

RPS37

Made it to the open world part and had to take a break.
Playing on normal and I worked that first boss.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's very reminiscent of Doom 2016, it plays somewhat similarly. I think one of the most important things which this game achieves is fun gameplay, I can excuse a lot of other not so good stuff.

Do Marines stop following you or do they hang around forever?

They keep following you, but you can lose them. Amazingly, though, I was able to lose some marines and come back later, and they're still hanging out in the general vicinity where I left them. That's fucking awesome.

And a banished ship in the sky on Zeta Halo sends enemies down to fight me in real fucking time. That's so crazy. A ship I could visibly see in the sky sent enemies after me in drop pods. So cool.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Oh my God this game is so amazing. It handles and controls so damn well. To me, at least, it looks great on my 4K TV. I usually all about the story with Halo, so far I have NO idea what the hell is going on and I couldn't care less I'm having too much fun.

My only complaint is the new AI and Cortana in a flashback look like they were designed by Neil Drunkman. Hey, I'm a straight woman but I still prefer the old attractive Cortana clothed in code instead of totally covered in that stuffy uniform..

Oh my God this game is so amazing. It handles and controls so damn well. To me, at least, it looks great on my 4K TV. I usually all about the story with Halo, so far I have NO idea what the hell is going on and I couldn't care less I'm having too much fun.

My only complaint is the new AI and Cortana in a flashback look like they were designed by Neil Drunkman. Hey, I'm a straight woman but I still prefer the old attractive Cortana clothed in code instead of totally covered in that stuffy uniform..

Yeah the responsiveness is spot on, my only gripe is that it can be slow to do a 180 when you grapple past an enemy because you've missed them by accident.

New AI has grown on me, I think the dumbass look she has on her face most of the time is pretty amusing.

Kev Kev

Yeah I'm loving it so far. Only thing anoying me is the grapple is the right button but comes out left arm. I keep pressing the wrong button lol.
remap the buttons. ive been changing it up and tweaking it since the MP launch and i got it dialed in now. RB is bash, B is equipment, RS is scope, LS is crouch, LB is sprint, LT is grenade

feels sooooo much better. my button scheme isnt going to help your issue lol, but you can customize the gamepad however you want. give it a try, it takes a bit of getting used to but you eventually do

Last edited:

Concern

I can't play such a slow FPS after years of Titanfall 2, Apex and Doom. Feels like I'm playing an old guy in a wheelchair.

I agree its definitely much slower than all the other shooters out but the gunplay feels so satisfying. Especially the headshots.

And I play pretty much all fps games on high sensitivity. Adjusting isn't so hard.

ManaByte

So whats the OST under on Apple Music? Not finding anything that looks like a full OST.
Look for Halo Infinite Original Soundtrack

The Zeta Halo track
Well Done Ok GIF by funk

Then The Road:
Excited Dog GIF

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Suppose to get 20 - 40cm of snow tomorrow woot woot work should be closed. #haloday
I remember snow days as a kid playing Halo 2 after coming in from the snow. Early days of XBL and a dozen of us would spend hours trying to glitch way off the map on Headlong and just generally fucking around in custom games. Pretty sure our faces hurt from laughing so much

Halo snow days were and still are the best. Enjoy.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Ive just started, im on the 2nd level and this is the first time Im actually enjoying a halo game.

The story is engaging, the banished are like klingons from star trek discovery.

The sound is the best Ive heard from a videogame, the directionality is amazing on headphones. It crazy how all the enemies talk to each other with such clarity.

The gunplay is the best, the gunshots sound impactful, really fun to play.

So far way better then HALO 5.

So far im enjoying it more then doom eternal, its hard to describe everything just feels more polished and more fun.

Hands down Halo Infinite is easily one of the best games I've ever played. It's that fucking good. 343 were very clever with this open world and more vertical terrain. Conveniently placing collectibles and optional objectives in carefully crafted sandbox combat zones. Nothing is just placed in a location for no reason. If you're heading over there, and there's a collectible or something interesting to find, somewhere along the way 343 has some very well orchestrated combat situations for you. This game is truly something.

f you can see something interesting looking in the area or in the distance, chances are 343i has a surprise waiting for you. This is the Halo and Silent Cartographer missions in Halo CE on something beyond steroids. They've knocked this one out of the park. And what an artistically beautiful game this is. I just keep stopping to take in the views. Marines you've long since left behind you can just run into at the most convenient times, and they'll back you up. The marines are not useless in this game. They can dance.

TaroYamada

I had this exact issue about a week ago. When you're on the game page in the Xbox App, click the three dots near the play button and click "Manage install". You should be able to do something like untick the High res texture pack option. Do that, then click OK. Give it some time and it'll reverify the install and you should be all good. At that point, feel free to go back and reinstall the high res texture pack.
This worked! It's dumb as hell and still inexcusable but it worked, thanks!

I'm having so much fun with this game. Gameplay is super fun! I've been just running around chucking shit at enemies, I'll grapple my way above camps and just rain hell down on them. Razorback full of marines with good weapons just wrecking enemy camps. What a blast this thing is!

Played 4 hours straight on legendary. The first two missions s were a lot of fun and sometimes challenging, but once in the open world legendary is pretty easy. There's too much space to flee to when your armor is down.

Didn't start mission 3 yet, trying to get all the collectibles in the first area where the tower is.

I initially thought so, too, but it definitely doesn't remain so simple as you progress into areas of the map where the enemies are just coming at you in some really interesting ways, applying serious pressure. 343 really outdid themselves with this. For example, go after some of those spartan cores and especially starlight squad near the very edge of one of the islands. How even some of the optional objectives can be so well designed is just so unbelievably cool.

Oh man the fully powered up grapple is awesome.
Elite Yankee Saburo Punch GIF

At one point I ran out of all ammo when going after a high value target, and then I use the grapple to pull the high powered energy sword off the pedestal towards me, and then we battled it out with energy swords haha. Every use that more powered up melee grapple move on a moving vehicle!? INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The gameplay is soooo good and damn when the theme is starting... right in the feels they nailed it so far. Also the AI is still on point with tons of nice taunts from enemies.
The game is looking good, really getting a wow factor at least on PC with a lot of physics, explosions and shit happening from nowhere going on.
BUT I think the game can use a lot of optimisation in the open world, this is my only problem right now as it's almost unplayable for me (40FPS) sometimes even when putting everything in low.
f you can see something interesting looking in the area or in the distance, chances are 343i has a surprise waiting for you. This is the Halo and Silent Cartographer missions in Halo CE on something beyond steroids. They've knocked this one out of the park. And what an artistically beautiful game this is.
Church Saturday GIF

This, 100% this

gUhgac.png
gUhkKi.png

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Usual skulls for this? I loved playing Halo CE with the blast radius skull turned on and the Grunts exploding etc.

Top Bottom